Customize

CO: GORMAN

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Jugular, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: CO: GORMAN

Just waded through this whole thread, and without seeing the incident myself or a video of it I'll chose my words carefully and generalize.

ANYONE who threatens violence at a peaceful protest, whether scifag, ex-scifag, OG, or an Anon NEEDS to be called out immediately ON THE SPOT.

Calling them out here as well is important, but address it when it happens first and foremost.

That shit will not stand.

my .02...
  2. themadhair Member

Re: CO: GORMAN

Inb4Daywatch
    You really have missed the point here.
  3. cubby Member

lololololololololololololol uh huh
    dome is where personalities get taken down a notch, not puffed up.
    ask magoo...
    as for 'without names it wouldn't happen b/c tommy wouldn't know who to beat down'.... uh... wow. somehow i don't think that's the root issue, but if you really really do why not start a thread about it somewhere else, or a poll in site consensus? i think that the notion is off-topic here.
  4. Re: CO: GORMAN

I haven't missed anything. Anon's personal drama is an embarrassment and most of it springs from enturb.

The monthly self-reminder of why I don't come here complete, I'm off to decentralized forums -- you know, where we get things done without self-doxing, picking fights, and democracy by postcount.
  5. Robert S Member

Bringing drama from the Dome into "real life" - first of all - is pretty stupid. Very 90's - a "people typing each other to death" kind of stupid.

If this is all as stated then obviously Gorman acted like an asshole. And people should say "Tommy, you're an asshole just then. I don't care what you've been through or how crooked your fucking nose is. Cool down and shut up."

I'm not altogether sure that should be done here, on a forum, but there's a lot I don't know.

We simply need to be alert to divisions springing up here and there. "Third party" tech is a terrific way to divide an opposing force, and it isn't so much starting the conflict as much as it is keeping it alive. Just a word to the wise, I hope.
  6. A.Non Hubbard Member

THE GAME
  7. misskittie Member

QFT - calling out on here is all well and good but where was you all on the day? This shit should have been resolved the day it happened and left on the day it happened. But I appreciate hindsight is 20/20 so I'll STFU!

For the record & my $0.02 (cos every other fucker's had a turn, DCFag or otherwise), what Daywatch said a couple of pages ago (points 1-4) is all spot on.

Tory knew what she was doing posted in TD, MPB did what he does (and we all know he does, not criticism cos he did nothing wrong!) & trolled the dome, the OG needs to ease off using the tech on Anons and grow a few hundred new layers of skin, some Anons need to put down the scidox cos they are absorbing & using the tech unwittingly & TG needs anger fucking management STAT. To address point 4, Tory & WBM have travelled the globe on Anon's squids. Whilst I don't expect fawning thanks and bunches of flowers, it would be nice to know Tory still posts on other parts of this forum or drops in occasionally and hasn't abandoned those that flew her around the globe because ONE DUDE called her out in the dome. THAT is pathetic. Whilst I was never an autograph hunting fangirl, I liked Tory quite a lot. Not meaning to sound like an old fart but I'm not nerdraging about this, I'm just really fucking disappointed in her.

Ah well, skin up, brew up, move on :D
  8. highoverlord Member

i fucking hate you
  9. meatpopsicle Member

this ^^^

agreed. moralfag reporting for duty. sorry, i seemed to have missed the bulk of this due to being asleep.

at its heart, this has nothing to do with OG. have a problem with OGs? go ahead; don't try to force your disdain of them on us. i don't care one way or another.

the real issue is this:
    DO NOT THREATEN PEOPLE WITH VIOLENCE
    if you do stupid things, Anonymous will bring it into the open. that's what we do. we inform and make things public. time to be held accountable for your actions Tommy Gorman.

also, if you don't like TD, don't go to the TD. it is made of fire and trolls; if you can't take it then don't.
  10. Ackerland Member

I probably still am what most people consider a newfag. But I understand the purpose of the Thunderdome, and I absolutely love the idea of it.

In my opinion, we have much to gain from support of the old guard - take how quickly Noelle North could be identified. On the other hand, I absolutely hate that sick autograph shit some anons displayed towards tory or mark bunker. And TBH... that tit signing autograph video of Bunker wasn't the smartest move either.
    And people from /i/ are rightly angry about this shit and other moralfaggotry giving anonymous a bad name.

I'd like to see a long post on OCMB explaining this new kind of drama and what some OG need to realize about us. Daywatch started with a thread, but OG needs to see a spot on single post explaining why it's stupid to get butthurt.
  11. suntzu Member

There seems to be some sort of new moralfags. Who made the rules such as what happened in the TD stays in? New kind of commandments and who makes them? Who says TD an IRL don't mix? They do, at least some people can't help it.

Violence is bad (am I a moral fag now?). But if I or my friend get butt hurt and got utterly destroyed anywhere, probably I would invite the person to get outside the door and settle it.

If you can call the cops and issue a restraining order, that's not fair game. It's the making up of lies and use groundless lawfare to destroy you.
  12. highoverlord Member

13. GrogStat Member

Bastards. That's two major troll threads in one week.
  14. realitybites Member

I really think you need to read more and COMPREHEND what you have read... td does not cause drama.. it is caused by idiots who go in and come screaming out, and then bawwing in the regular site or irl.

That is your choice. Decentralised fora is ALWAYS where things get done. Picking fights? eheh, that happens in local sites no? Democracy by postcount? LOLWAT?? have you missed our delicious marblecaek?
  15. Mouseyhair Member

Anon has been a meritocracy from the start - if you do a lot, people listen to you. It works and it's great.

Then when someone who does a whole lot threatens to beat up someone else who does a whole lot, we side with the one that didn't lose their cool.

All there is to it.
  16. TakeAnonMe Member

People, listen to this man. He is clearly very tightly involved with the community and has a firm understanding of the site.

We need to hear from people who don't come here; the non-users are the true voice of Enturb.

ALSO WHAT IS WITH USER SIGNATURES

TALK ABOUT EGOFAGGING AM I RIGHT???
  17. themadhair Member

Really? Then why did you follow up with:
    WTF is your problem getting this? Tommy Gorman threatened to smack the shit out of an anon at at a protest. That is why this thread exists. Until the domers start doing anything remotely like that at a protest site then you might have something vaguely resembling a coherent point. As it is you are not getting it, and doing you best to make sure everyone knows you don't get it by following up with posts that are not on the topic at hand.

You really really don't get why this thread exists do you? Take your grudges, egofaggotry and faux self-righteous arrogant bullshit with you when you GTFO.

This thread really has more consensus than most threads ever get on enturb. That consensus seems to be that Tommy should cop himself on, preferably with some sort of post to indicate that he will. Amirite?
  18. highoverlord Member

im so scared of ur avatar.
  19. Balognanon Member

^
    Thank you. Very much agreed.
  20. GrogStat Member

troll.jpg troll.jpg
    troll.jpg troll.jpg
    troll.jpg troll.jpg
  21. themadhair Member

Nitpicking here but (and I am speculating this may be how it went down) if someone as big as Tommy threatens you would you call them out on it? Personally I would probably keep my mouth shut and back away ASAP. If the threatened anon did this I wouldn't blame them, and I wouldn't blame surrounding anons for not calling Tommy out. Firey situations need water not more gasoline.
  22. Erra Member

Yet another thread where the only useful and original information could all fit in 1-2 pages.

Trying to read through it is a near impossible feat. Holy shit people, yes, getting mad at a peaceful protest is bad, no matter who you are. THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU NEED TO REPEAT THAT SENTIMENT A BILLION FUCKING TIMES IN THE SAME THREAD.

I'm not taking any sides in this, or giving any relative info at all. I just think its retarded that threads like this get piled up with useless shit clutter of people repeating the same god damn thing over and over again and getting into petty arguements over stuff thats only marginally related to the topic.

Unless you have something useful (or funny) to say, just STFU. Read the thread, your personal sentiment and opinion on the matter has probably already been said by someone else. Ya dont need to fucking say it again.
  23. Spork Member

24. Anonyphunt Member

Resisting urge to troll internets drama as this is srs bizns.

but will say, guise, whats with the battered wife syndrome? A fucking apology? It's clear from this thread he done it.

1. Tommy can GTFO
    2. Rest of OG didnt, thats cool for now.
    3. Stop OG an hero worship.
    4. ????
    5. Profit
  25. Tuesday Member

So basically you just posted to tell us that you don't have anything to say and that if some one else doesn't have anything to say they shouldn't post? :)
  26. Peter Schilte Member

THIS!

But I would like to make some remarks, though:
    - Tommy Gorman is OG, but OG isn't Tommy Gorman.
    - I don't think any OG will excuse Tommy's inexcusable behavior. At least I hope so.
    - Without all the facts, affidavits, personal stories, depositions, CULT documents, collected over the years and put on numerous websites all over the internet by some of the OG, where would Anonymous get their information?
    - Don't let the actions of one destroy what was started by the OG and taken to today's level by Anonymous. We wouldn't benefit from, nor would the OG, and it would be disastrous for all of the critic movement. The only ones who would benefit from it is the CULT.

(Do you hear the cheers at the orgs over this?)

Peter
    (Non-Anon, non-OG, but yes, I am a critic)
  27. Robert S Member

which basically repeated the sentiment of a couple other posts above. I lol'd.
  28. Erra Member

I said don't post anything thats been said before unless its useful or funny.

I thought the irony was pretty funny, myself.

:D
  29. anon91-19 Member

Tommy shouldn't have done it and should make it right. Dont condemn all OG for his actions. Dont worship them either. simple.

and no one considers that perhaps a movement like this doesnt need the BS drama that endlessly streams from TD? I dont understand why the OG Anons need a place to act like dicks. Cant that just be taken to another site and leave this one to be a place where activists who are here (often based on our own recruiting efforts) to help out the movement dont need to be warned off from places where they'll be treated like crap?
  30. Bumblefuck Member

Tommy, you SoB. I hope you get cancer of the dick.

edit: also magoo for sicking him on MPB in the first place.
  31. anon1957 Member

Long thread is long, but important. This was a train wreck that was just waiting to happen.

I am old compared to you most of you guys and I have been trolled in the dome by MPB. Stung a bit at the time, but I am a big girl and take care of myself.

There is NEVER an excuse to threaten another with physical violence. Ever. Tommy was behaving like the OSA bully he was trained to be. For that reason, he needs to sit down and have a long talk with himself.

Anyone who encourages that kind of behavior (and yes, Tory, I mean you) either explicitly or implicitly deserves to be called out and should also issue an apology. Tory basically called MPB OSA, and I believe she meant it. Meaning that anyone who did not treat her the way she wants to be treated is equated with evil. If she convinced Tommy (knowing Tommy's history and short fuse) that this was so, then she is not innocent in this matter. I am not excusing Tommy--he is a big boy and is ultimately responsible. But it is also worth pointing out that Tory could have chosen to diffuse the situation with MPB by either not involving Tommy in the 1st place or by making sure he didn't do anything stupid.

I saw the post where she gloats to MPB about the apology--not knowing the TG backstory--and thought it was icky for her to do that. Now I think it was despicable on her part.

Some of us who have been watching some of the OG vids with some degree of discrimination have already seen that certain OG are plagued by unresolved "issues" from their days in the cult (ie, obsessing with beating OSA at the stats game, etc). If you spend 20 or 30 years being conditioned to think and behave a certain way, and to adopt a set of values, the behaviors they engender are not going to just go away without some real effort. That is ok and understandable. But one thing about life outside the Truman show is that no matter what happens to you, it is up to you to take responsibility for your attitude and behavior. Yes, there may be "good" reasons for it, but that does not excuse it. Some OG needs to take a good long look in the mirror and take some active steps to deal with with their scilon shit (I recommend reading Weiber's exit therapy thread on OCMB very carefully. He gets it.). I suggest some good old fashioned psychotherapy or at the very least some anger management classes.

Also, Anon needs to be aware that just because OG have suffered at the hands of the cult, that does not make them saints. They also need to watch out for unconscious scilon behavior on their parts and not enable it.

Yes, Anon can stand beside them and support them in the fight to stop the abuses of the cult, but they need to "get" that it is NOT about THEM, it is about the poor souls who are still trapped in the cult and the many fortunate ones the cult will now never be able to lure into its madness.

I believe that both Tommy and Tory not only own MPB an apology (publicly or privately--I could care less) but more importantly one to Anonymous for contaminating the movement with OSA Fair Game tactics (back-biting, black PR and outright threats). And maybe both of you should put your video cameras down for a while (except for when you are stalked by OSA) and practice protesting as just an ordinary anonymous (with a small "a") person. As so many other ex-scilons already do.

I also believe that the worshipping of non-OG "rock-stars" like Boris and Stu is just as harmful. Their contributions can be appreciated, but watch out for the road signs that point to "big egos up ahead."

EDIT: I just want to point out an irony to this situation. Not so long ago, people were criticizing TG for his heavy handed way of "communicating" with scilons at the demos. MPB took it upon himself to defend TG--by pointing out that TG had been in the cult all his life, had been deeply damaged by it, and for that reason people should cut cut him some slack. Though I don't know for sure, I am guessing that is why he, after being threatened by TG, he decided to apologize to Tory. Not because he was afraid of TG (which I doubt!) but because being the compassionate bitch that he is, he "gets" them better than they get themselves. He is not out their doing what he does for HIM, he is out there (and risking getting Fair Gamed by the real OSA!!!!) for them and for other's like them. Including relatives of Tory and TG who are still "in."
  32. Spork Member

That's probably meant as a rhetorical question, but taking it seriously, one answer might be: it helps keep the site organized and promotes non-flaming discussion in the non-Dome threads. (Sequesters the flames, way OTT and X-rated stuff etc.)
  33. Two Beans Member

Reading this thread was very entertaining. Thank you, Anonymous. Thank you.
  34. Shellback Member

I'm probably going to get my ass kicked for this...

1) Love the OG. Love what they are doing.
    2) Don't expect them to understand the traditions of Anon, such as they are.
    3) Since they may not understand you, don't expect them to react like you.
    4) Since many of them were trained in a tradition to fight when dissed, expect some of them to fight when dissed.
    5) Remember the first time you got butthurt?
    6) Learn from each situation and adapt, Scientology won't do that (mostly.)
    and finally;
    7) Expect the Scilons to try to take advantage of each mistake, I would If I were them!
  35. Dammerung Member

@Shellback -

There is a very large difference between this and butthurt. MPB being butthurt would have been Tommy Gorman saying something like "Oh yeah, MPB? Well, you're a fagsicle with EXTRA NIGGER SAUCE", or something better. This was him threatening MPB with bodily harm if MPB did not apologize for what happened in the Thunderdome, of all places. This is disgusting. It seems clear to me that Tommy hasn't gotten over his OSA days, and is still acting like an OSA troll.
  36. Skeptic1337 Member

I don't give a shit what the scilons do. This is what Anonymous does, some thing is fucked up the world sees it. Repressing information because it "may be damaging" is not right and creates situations in which we create taboo subjects.

Fuck that shit, this thread needs some TG in it.
  37. D... Member

Aaaah. Fuck.
  38. Re: CO: GORMAN

Most
    depressing
    thread
    ever.
  39. Ironhead Member

agreed..

still not enough info on any of this for me to weigh in as much as I'd like to. what I've gathered so far is that magoo was besmirched, in the place of besmirching, she wasn't quite as ready for that as she might have first gathered...than somehow TG get's wind of this and is enraged...drama ensues...

first time I was trolled, I thought and thought about it for a day, and wanted to reach through the screen and feed said individuals their own asses (which I geuss means they were successful at trolling me). but of course I knew better than to threaten them...it was TD, and if it's in TD it's usually really stupid petty stuff not worth getting riled up about, I know that now. I think TG should address this issue, but I think ppl here shouldn't be too quick to judge him, this is a guy who by neccesity has to be perpetually on def con 5, curtasy of OSA. I know, I know...no excuse no excuse. not excusing his behavior, just trying to understand it.

re: OG worship.

they never asked anyone to ask for their autographs, people swarmed to them. they never asked for anyone to fight their battles for them. if you figure their too big for their britches, than go work your projects and leave em be. but it's a damn foolish thing to reject allies out of jealousy.
  40. exOT8Michael Member

You won't find me standing in your way.:woot:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.