Customize

Clearwater June 18: WELCOME TO LAZYTOWN!

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by amaX, Jun 5, 2011.

1. amaX Member

lazytown-1.png

WELCOME TO LAZYTOWN!

I'm not sure why we didn't think of this before, but I promise that lulz will be delivered when the Clearwater Cell rolls out into Lazytown/Population: Meh!

Saturday June 18th.

Clearwater Cell Base Camp is located at City Hall Fountain at 112 S. Osceola Ave. in downtown Clearwater.

MAP:

cityhallfountain2.png

We start gathering at 10:30AM. We usually start out around 11:00AM and finish around 3PM.

We provide water, signs, and fliers (we rarely need fliers, but they are on hand.) It's too damned hot for pizza and cake. I might drag some cupcakes and chips out that day, but if you think you're going to need sustenance? Bring a power bar or snack.

Wear comfy, cool clothing and footwear (omgWTH Winter Wear Anons?!? ;-)). It's already brutally hot downtown. The high rise buildings keep a lot of the nice Gulf breezes from getting to us so make sure you're dressed appropriately for hot, humid weather.

Staying hydrated is the most important thing while protesting downtown. Drink water before we start out and take a bottle of water with you when we head out. During the summer months, we take lots of breaks at Base Camp. Clearwater Anons know what to look for if you're getting overheated. If we start icing you down? Just go with it, man.

Remember if you need to maintain your anonymity then you need to plan ahead. Getting yourself to and from downtown can be tricky with all the cult surveillance cameras located just about everywhere. Familiarizing yourself with the bus system is a good choice. Park elsewhere and take the bus downtown. Clearwater Police Dept. is VERY aware of the mask law in Florida and masking up before you get to downtown is highly recommended. Masks, bandanas, scarves, sunglasses, hats can all be used to disguise yourself. The GF mask is also a sign of solidarity even if you've been namefagged. You can also park blocks outside of downtown and walk into and out of the area. Or have someone drop you off in one spot and pick you up in another. I suggest being dropped off at least 6-10 blocks from the downtown area.

BRING A CAMERA---EVEN IF IT'S YOUR CELL PHONE CAMERA OR AN INEXPENSIVE DISPOSABLE CAMERA. HAVE IT READY AS SOON AS YOU GET NEAR DOWNTOWN. BE READY TO TAKE PICTURES IF YOU'RE APPROACHED BY ANYONE.

DON'T BE AFRAID TO DIAL 9-1-1 IF YOU FEEL YOU'RE BEING THREATENED BY ANYONE. THE CLEARWATER POLICE DEPARTMENT WILL SEND SOMEONE IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT TRANSPIRES WITH THE RESPONDING OFFICER? ASK TO SPEAK TO THE OFFICER IN CHARGE FOR THAT DAY. IF YOU DON'T CARRY A CELL PHONE WITH YOU AND YOU FEEL YOU'RE BEING THREATENED? TRY TO GET TO FT. HARRISON AVE. FT. HARRISON AVE. ALWAYS HAS HEAVY TRAFFIC.

See you in Lazytown on June 18th!
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Dream2Freedom Member

WinterWearAnon Will be there can't wait
    • Like Like x 2
  3. anonymous612 Member

lazytown1.jpg

OP: typo? We start gathering at 10:30 and leave at 11am.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. amaX Member

Brain damage. Tks for catching that. Fixed in the OP.
  5. Lazydude61 Member

Awesome, I've been looking for a protest to get my feet wet. Count me in. ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  6. amaX Member

Lazydude in Lazytown? PERFECT!
  7. Lazydude61 Member

Its like it was meant for me! lol
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lazydude61 Member

got some friends on board, ROAD TRIP TO LAZYTOWN!!! lol
    • Like Like x 3
  9. amaX Member

10. anonymous612 Member

We have got to stop doing that, AMA...
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Dream2Freedom Member

I lol'd... I think they want us around now a days.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. xenubarb Member

You guys be VERY, VERY CAREFUL. NOI is an unknown quantity and may not react the same as Scilons. Watch each others' backs. Don't let anyone wander off alone to their car. You know the routine. I just think a bunch of thugs from da hood might be a little more willing to engage in physical interaction.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. amaX Member

We've met up with them before. The last time we came in contact with them was at the Yborg offices in Tampa. We ended up getting bored and started directing traffic for the sci's. I actually got to direct the Rev. <coff coff> Alfreddie Johnson and his bowtied-suited up NoI buddy into the parking garage. So far, they haven't engaged with us at all.
  14. Dream2Freedom Member

Nice just AMA. What is the NOI I haven't heard about them till now.
  15. amaX Member

Nation of Islam? Louis Farrakhan? Malcolm X? Million Man March? You should really check them out since they're in bed with the cult of scientology.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dream2Freedom Member

Oh.. That NOI, I thought we were talking about something else. My bad lol
  17. amaX Member

lolol
  18. anonymous612 Member

You do realize we've protested them before, right? Repeatedly?
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Lazydude61 Member

I'm sure the scilons don't need any more bad press so I think they will behave themselves.
  20. Anonymous Member

hey six, I thought it was a good thing xenubarb was concerned. I think the NOI factor, and all the details of what's gone on, where, who, and all that has been a bit scattered, so hard to keep track of. Of course, I know there's no need to say it to clwtr anons.

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, is happening this weekend at the super powerz (damn I want to see a gyroscope being hoisted) and oddly enough, I think the NOI in Clearwater have been well sheltered and herded from any unruly outside sources.
    stay cool (lol, it was hotter in Minnesota, Maryland, Washington, DC, New York and well half the country).
  21. anonymous612 Member

:p The Tampa area (of which Clearwater is a part) has never hit 100 degrees. Ever. EVER. Sucks to be you guys.
  22. Dream2Freedom Member

I'm gonna be bringing a plain white mask this time...something I can spice up for cheap.
    Hopefully we have a good turnout.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. amaX Member

I've made eight new signs with messages on the front and back and spruced up two older signs! We're ready!
  24. Fuck I don't think I can go to this one. From what I can tell my local Anons are quite well organized :D I'm actually getting pretty excited. I'll try to go to the next one D:
  25. anonymous612 Member

There are at least two anons who can protest on pretty much a moment's notice, so you'll have plenty of alternatives, trust me.

As a preemptive heads up, though. The location in Ybor? We are currently still dealing with the Tampa PD regarding the right to wear masks at the protest. There *IS* a state law expressly allowing it, however we've yet to permanently convince them...so if you plan a protest in Ybor as opposed to attending one the CW anons have planned you may run into a significant amount of trouble. They have actually threatened to arrest us before, so I'd suggest getting with one of us first to give your our police contacts if you go to protest in Tampa on your own.

That being said, we protest in Ybor regularly, lucky you.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. I see. I'm currently underage which makes it a bit more difficult for me to venture out to these demonstrations of EPICNESS.
  27. Dream2Freedom Member

I'm underage aslo unless you have a license I can see where your problem is.

Do we have any plans on going to ybor this time around?
  28. anonymous612 Member

Not specifically but I'm sure it can be a possibility. We do have plans for it around the end of the month, though.
  29. Dream2Freedom Member

Alright I'll try to get transportation just in case.
  30. anonymous612 Member

If you can't, don't stress about it too much, figure out transportation to Clearwater and we'll figure out how to get you from there to Ybor.
  31. Dream2Freedom Member

Steal a scilon car of course... not that I condone stealing scilon cars... or know how... *cough*
  32. I have a permit but I still drive regardless. I'll be getting my license on October 1st. I go to Ybor all the time to skate so if we do go to Ybor I might be able to make it :)
  33. anonymous612 Member

Might want to take this conversation to PM before it gets any more personal, guys.
  34. Yeah sorry about that.
  35. Anonymous Member

Lazytown takes it to Crazytown with a twist, Sci is "Takin' It To The Hood" hee hee

TAKIN’ IT TO THE STREETS Michael McDonald
    You don’t know me but I’m your brother
    I was raised here in this living hell
    You don’t know my kind in your world
    Fairly soon the time will tell

You, telling me the things you’re gonna do for me
    I ain’t blind and I don’t like what I think I see Takin’ it to the streets
    Takin’ it to the streets
    Takin’ it to the streets
    Takin’ it to the streets
    Take this message to my brother
    You will find him everywhere
    Wherever people live together
    Tied in poverty’s despair

You, telling me the things you’re gonna do for me
    I ain’t blind and I don’t like what I think I see
    Takin’ it to the streets
    Takin’ it to the streets
    Takin’ it to the streets
    Takin’ it to the streets
    ©1976 Tauripin Tunes
    All Rights Reserved

36. anonymous612 Member

Final update:
    Yes protest is on. Remember to stay hydrated, the heat will be a motherfucker. We are meeting at CITY HALL, map in the first post. There should be someone there by ten am at the latest, but if you don't see anyone, they're probably running a bit late. If you want to avoid being namefagged, DO NOT PARK IN DOWNTOWN CLEARWATER, PARK OUTSIDE IT AND WALK IN. If you don't give a shit about that you're welcome to park directly at City Hall, parking there is free on Saturday. Hope to see you all there tomorrow.
  37. Dream2Freedom Member

So is the protest still on?
  38. How did it go? o:
  39. anonymous612 Member