Customize

Clearwater Hearings 82, Paulette Cooper

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by indeedindeed, May 21, 2008.

1. indeedindeed Member

Clearwater Hearings 82, Paulette Cooper

The Clearwater Hearings were an investigation held by Clearwater City Council on Scientology in may 1982. They are an important document, which everyone should be familiar with imo. This includes people who are only able to speak german or wouldn't otherwise get to know what happened there. I haven't searched the internet so far, should anyone come across an already existing german translation, just say it here and link to it.

Clearwater Hearings at XENU TV - Exposing Scientology Through Streaming Video :

The 1982 Clearwater Hearings

Transcriptions at Lermanet.com Exposing the CON: The truth about the Fraud called Scientology (they are linked to at xenutv.com whenever they exist ):

1982 Clearwater commission Hearings

Now some YouTube videos of two of the highlights of the hearings for your enjoyment:

YouTube - Clearwater Scientology Hearings. Scott Mayer 1/5
    YouTube - Clearwater Scientology Hearings, Scott Mayer 2/5
    YouTube - Clearwater Scientology Hearings, Scott Mayer 3/5
    YouTube - Clearwater Scientology Hearings, Scott Mayer 4/5
    YouTube - Clearwater Scientology Hearings, Scott Mayer 5/5

YouTube - Clearwater Scientology Hearings, Paulette Cooper 1/4
    YouTube - Clearwater Scientology Hearings, Paulette Cooper 2/4
    YouTube - Clearwater Scientology Hearings, Paulette Cooper 3/4
    YouTube - Clearwater Scientology Hearings, Paulette Cooper 4/4

I think it would be very useful to get a translation of the Clearwater Hearings transcripts. Obviously, this will be a long-term project.
    As with the Verfassungsschutz-AG report, excerpts may be translated first.
    Most of us know the basic story of Paulette Cooper, who was subjected to the infamous "Operation Freakout", but it might be interesting to inform german readers about the backgrounds and how she was still being subjected to harassment years later.

So, the first thing I will try to translate (and I will post it, when it's done and I will indicate when I will begin to translate it) is the testimony by Paulette Cooper, 8 May 1982 as found here:

Clearwater Testimony

update: I've started to translate the text.
  2. indeedindeed Member

Re: Clearwater Hearings 82, Paulette Cooper

original is at the solitarytrees.net page I linked to in OP. first translation draft.