Customize

Clearwater, FL -- May 23

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by anonymous612, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous612 Member

Clearwater, FL -- May 23

[IMG]

[SIZE="7"]May 23rd Protest in Clearwater[/SIZE]

3454109988_292f78073f.jpg?v=0.jpg

As decided at the April protest, Clearwater will be raiding on May 23rd. Meetup location is City Hall in downtown Clearwater, at the intersection of S Osceola Ave and Pierce Street (Map). People generally arrive by 10:30AM and the first leg of the march heads out at 11:00. If you do not see someone at the large fountain in the City Hall parking lot by 11:00AM, check the grassy area of Coachman Park (intersection of Drew Street and Osceola, just north of City Hall) that is immediately behind the library, under the tree. This is our usual backup location.Water, cake, food, signs if you don't have your own, fliers, music, etc will be provided; monetary donations to cover expenses are never required but always appreciated. Bottled water is another appreciated donation.

If you have never protested with us before...
    1) Masks are allowed at our protests and highly recommended. Off the top of my head I can think of three cult-owned buildings with a direct camera angle/line-of-sight to our rest area at City Hall, including the Ft Harrison Hotel herself.
    2) Do not park nearby. Extra walking time to your car is a good thing; it gives you longer to spot a potential tail. If all else fails, try the PTSA bus system. PM me if you need help figuring it out.
    3) It's that annoyingly hot time of the year again. Keep properly hydrated at the protest. Drink a bottle of water whenever the march comes back to City Hall for rest, drink a bottle before the first march, and bring some with you on the march as well. Protest weather is in the 80s right now and climbing, local humidity tends to be high which lowers how well you sweat, and you'll be exerting yourself in masks and in some cases suits.

[SIZE="4"]For more information or planning,
    see the decentralized Florida site at Bucket of Acid.[/SIZE]

3453163113_162f73ebda.jpg?v=0.jpg

2. Neiteio Member

Re: Clearwater, FL -- May 23

Just a random question... will there be a dress code? I want to wear my riot armor, but a suit is fine too.
  3. anonymous612 Member

No dress code.

But only the HighOverlord's allowed to wear capes.
  4. valinux Member

How may people will be there? I'm in!!
  5. anonymous612 Member

We usually pull about 20 people minimum.
  6. Xenuphobe Member

I will be visiting FL during that time and plan on joining in.
  7. anonymous612 Member

Orrrrrrly.

Let us know if you need extra directions, Xenuphobe.
  8. Xenuphobe Member

I'm very familiar with the Tampa Bay area, so I should be OK with the current directions. Looking forward to it! It'll be weird to actually be able to wear a mask at a protest for once.
  9. anonymous612 Member

Finally edited the OP so CWA doesn't kill me.
  10. Stormcat06 Member

Hey Anons,

I'm moving down to Florida this week and plan on getting to the protest this month. I am familiar with clearwater as I grew up in the area.. I just wanted to know how the scene was in regards to parking and do the scilons have a bad habit of following people and so fourth.. I plan on bringing someone with me and this will be her first protest. I want to ensure her safety as much as possible.
  11. Stormcat06 Member

double post sorry.
  12. anonymous612 Member

Parking is bad. Best bet is to park away from downtown and walk in. Safest bet is to park WAY away from downtown and bus in. Alternatively you may be able to find a local anon who can meet you and give you a ride, as almost all of us are namefagged already.

And yes, tails are fairly common and need to be watched for.
  13. Anomalee Member

I am guessing it's best to mask up and such before walking to the meetup? I'm curious on how legal that is, since masks are still illegal in public. I assume you have obtained some sort of permit allowing them at the protests, but would that allow them to be worn before it starts etc.?
  14. marlysfan Member

Great picketing advice in general, 612...you forgot one thing, though-

SUNSCREEN!

I cannot emphasize that enough.
  15. zebrafaced Member

Nah, in Florida, it's illegal to wear them into an establishment, or while commiting a crime of some sort. 612 school'd the Ocala PD on this. :D Other than that, you're good.
  16. Anonymous Member

oh, no! masks are totally legal for us to wear.

here are the mask laws for Florida. pay particular attention to the bolded part:

Title XLVI

CRIMES Chapter 876

CRIMINAL ANARCHY, TREASON, AND OTHER CRIMES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER

876.12: Wearing mask, hood, or other device on public way. -- No person or persons over 16 years of age shall, while wearing any mask, hood, or device whereby any portion of the face is so hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer, enter upon, or be or appear upon any lane, walk, alley, street, road, highway, or other public way in this state.

876.13: Wearing mask, hood, or other device on public property. -- No person or persons shall in this state, while wearing any mask, hood, or device whereby any portion of the face is so hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer, enter upon, or be, or appear upon or within the public property of any municipality or county of the state.

876.14: Wearing mask, hood, or other device on property of another. -- No person or persons over 16 years of age shall, while wearing a mask, hood, or device whereby any portion of the face is so hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer, demand entrance or admission or enter or come upon or into the premises, enclosure, or house of any other person in any municipality or county of this state.

876.15: Wearing mask, hood, or other device at demonstration or meeting. -- No person or persons over 16 years of age, shall, while wearing a mask, hood, or device whereby any portion of the face is so hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer, hold any manner of meeting, make any demonstration upon the private property of another unless such person or persons shall have first obtained from the owner or occupier of the property his or her written permission to so do.

876.155: Applicability; ss. 876.12-876.15. -- The provisions of ss. 876.12-876.15 apply only if the person was wearing the mask, hood, or other device:
    (1) With the intent to deprive any person or class of persons of the equal protection of the laws or of equal privileges and immunities under the laws or for the purpose of preventing the constituted authorities of this state or any subdivision thereof from, or hindering them in, giving or securing to all persons within this state the equal protection of the laws;
    (2) With the intent, by force or threat of force, to injure, intimidate, or interfere with any person because of the person's exercise of any right secured by federal, state, or local law or to intimidate such person or any other person or any class of persons from exercising any right secured by federal, state, or local law;
    (3) With the intent to intimidate, threaten, abuse, or harass any other person; or
    (4) While she or he was engaged in conduct that could reasonably lead to the institution of a civil or criminal proceeding against her or him, with the intent of avoiding identification in such a proceeding.

876.16: Sections 876.11-876.15; exemptions. -- The following persons are exempted from the provisions of ss. 876.11-876.15:
    (1) Any person or persons wearing traditional holiday costumes;
    (2) Any person or persons engaged in trades and employment where a mask is worn for the purpose of ensuring the physical safety of the wearer, or because of the nature of the occupation, trade, or profession;
    (3) Any person or persons using masks in theatrical productions, including use in Gasparilla celebrations and masquerade balls;
    (4) Persons wearing gas masks prescribed in emergency management drills and exercises.

so it's cool that you're concerned, but we're legal to wear masks because of that bolded part and the Clearwater Police Department knows the law and they know we're peaceful. why before i was namefagged, i used to put the mask on miles away from downtown and walk to the protests! people would honk and honk and yell support the whole way!

we also showed these mask laws to Ocala's finest and they know that Anonymous is legal to wear masks there, too.
  17. zebrafaced Member

Shit was so cash.

Cop 1: "You can't wear those masks."
    Zebra: "But Corporal Snow already discussed this with us some time ago."
    Lulz: "He got the book out of his SUV, looked it up, and said we were good."
    Cop 1: "Well, you can't."
    612: "The State Statute says we can. We talked about this to our cops in Clearwater."
    AMA: "And they said it was perfectly legal."
    Zebra: "Why would Corporal Snow look through the book then tell us we're good if we aren't?"
    Cop 1: "You can't--"
    612: "O HAYYYY, I have the statute right here. *pulls from pocket*"
    Cop 1: "... k, then stay off of the median. bai."
    Cop 2 + 3: "Have a nice day! Baaaiiii!"

Sixxy saved the day~
  18. anonymous612 Member

Anomalee, you're incorrect. State law exempts us from statutes 876.12-876.15, regarding masks on public property. I recommend you familiarize yourself with chapter 876 in general if you plan on protesting within the state of Florida, and unless you can show me a national law that bans masks, which obviously doesn't exist...I assure you, we're quite familiar with what we can and cannot do.

On a tangent, we are not required by the city of Clearwater to hold permits to protest.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing you May 23rd, but I hope you don't put your anonymity at risk because of a misunderstanding of the laws.
  19. Re: Clearwater, FL -- May 23

Hello anons,

i will be in Clearwater the first week of June.....
    i will be there the 3rd and 4th.....
    so if any one can meet me out there for a raid could be Epic.....
    AAn
  20. Xenuphobe Member

Thnx for parking info! Be there Sat.
  21. anonymous612 Member

Hey guise, note that last I checked there's a 40% chance of rain on Saturday, so bring umbrellas/raincoats/protection for your electronics.
  22. anonymous612 Member

Anyone planning on raiding tomorrow needs to watch this thread carefully. We may be forced to reschedule due to weather.
  23. Xenuphobe Member

watching carefully....
  24. Re: Clearwater, FL -- May 23

good luck guys
  25. ntnmf Member

TODAY WE PROTEST THE CULT OF $CIENTOLOGY...COME HELL OR HIGH WATER!
  26. Sponge Member

27. anonymous612 Member

Savelo doesn't come around.

As of right now, anons will be there tomorrow. No worries, try not to drown.
  28. Re: Clearwater, FL -- May 23

hell ya wear a poncho its a dollar that the dollar store
  29. ntnmf Member

sorry. ronbot savelo doesn't play with us. it's hide tech, curtain tech, alley tech, and side door tech here where the waters run clear.

$cifags have to hide in mecca because OT powers do not exist. not even right in front of the fucking super power building.
  30. ntnmf Member

it's supposed to be 85 degrees. wearing poncho or raincoat will just make me feel like i'm in a purif rundown. niacin smoothies for lunch then?
  31. anonymous612 Member

=D Rain at protests. Heeheehee.

So who's going to get shoved into a puddle by a scientologist? Taking bets now...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.