Customize

Clearwater Fl anyone?

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by Darthanon727, Nov 26, 2013.

1. amaX Member

I wasn't so unpleasant when you contacted me privately so I could check-out at your fantastic mapping system and told you that what I know is far surpassed by what you've already gathered. Did I try to tell you that you were doing it wrong or give you advice to contact someone who was far less qualified than you? No. I respected your work and your experience. I tried to promote your mapping system. I still think it's great work and will come in handy if you can find some way to promote it.

I find you the unpleasant person because you don't give me the respect that I gave you. You have absolutely no business giving anyone advice about how to protest in Clearwater. I find you yet another person who gives shoddy nonchalant advice to someone who needs very good advice. I find you someone who has no respect for Chanologists who've been at this for years now. You're just another person giving what could be dangerous advice to someone and you do force me to do something.

You most certainly do force me and the other CW protesters to make sure that we are constantly on the look-out for very bad advice and make sure we correct it.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rod Keller Member

Where is the killfile on this thing? Oh, there it is.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. amaX Member

Wow. What an unpleasant person.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. amaX Member

The CW cell worked very hard with the CPD attorney to let them allow us to protest standing still. Can't have more than 3 people standing together because it blocks the sidewalk. And there was a stipulation that if we ever got big numbers again that we would have to keep moving during those protests. We usually have 6 or less so we're no where near a big number these days.

We keep moving in Sea Org Alley (Watterson St.) because we're trying to keep up with the buses which load and unload all along the street. Protesters like to be waiting for SO to get off of the buses so we can talk to them and show them signs and get pix.

The Anon poster above gives some VERY good advice: wear sensible shoes because you will still be walking a lot going from building to building or making sure you're waiting for SO to get off of a flagbus.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

Thank you amaX.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. laughingsock Member

Can i just say if darth was OSA (I don't think he is) he would be winning the get anons all stired up award
    • Like Like x 1
  7. anonymous612 Member

Officially you can stand still, but in particularly intense situations or as a concession to get scientologists to shut the fuck up, you may receive police orders to keep moving at any given time, so plan for it even if it isn't required.

Additionally even when you're "allowed" to stand still, it is both physically dangerous and ineffective protesting. Mobility is necessary.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

And given the amount of territory they have there, moving is more fun.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. amaX Member

i know. they're positively awful about it. <insert heavy sigh here.>
  12. Rod Keller Member

Like I said, I'm pretty untrollable. Also, I don't think "mutual" means what you think it does.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

What was this thread about ???
    • Like Like x 1
  14. This thread gave me a happy.
  15. Howard Hunt Member

Point taken......
    • Like Like x 1
  16. anon walker Moderator

I'm in ur thread, moving ur off-topic OSA nonsense to the Sandbox.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Anonymous Member

Although it was a mod decision to move the off-topic OSA responses to the Sandbox, if anyone cares to see look there, they will get educated on the type of tactics scientology uses to get a thread off-topic. I've seen more of this type of thing at WWP lately, and it shows the desperation, and frankly the ineptness, of the scilons to disrupt protesters' communication.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. themadhair Member

Long time Chanology protester here. Oldfaggish enough to have rung the local cops in January 2008 in preparation for our first protest in February 2008. The Irishfags and the Clearwaterfags have had a good relationship in that time, and we are thankful for assistance the Clearwaterfags have provided to us in the last five years – including a bit of ninja-ing that went way above and beyond the call of duty.

Does anyone remember how in March 2008 the cult tried to get an injunction against the protesters there? This is just one example of how the Clearwaterfags have unique challenges that the vast majority of Chanology protesters simply do not have. The bottom line is that Clearwater is a dangerous place to protest, and that has been true long before Chanology came along. Throughout the last five years the message from the Clearwater anons has remained the same with regards to OSA and the cult situation there - and I can fully empathise with Clearwaterfags when, as has been too often over the last five years, the same stupid, inaccurate, misleading and factually incorrect advices and comments have been posted by ignorant clueless muppets who have fuck-all knowledge of the situation there.

How often did it need to be repeated why Patricia Greenway was bad news and a fuck-up waiting to happen? How often does the LMT injunction and why it is a potential problem need to be harped on about until people get a clue (even after the Clearwater anons have explained how the cult have been trying to get the cops to PA on it)? How often does the cult anti-protester tactics in Clearwater, which are an order of magnitude more dangerous than what 99% of Chanologists will ever experience, need to be explained and emphasised and repeated until that shit sinks in?

None of this shit is new but, apparently, still needs repeating. The refrain from some to 'play nice' is not only unhelpful, but dangerous. Any noob wanting to protest in the belly of the beast needs to be fully aware of the reality of the dangers that entails, and any advice that fails to drive this crucial point home hard is putting them at risk. Far better for everyone in the long run for any delusions to be punctured and any inaccurate misconceptions to be challenged regarding what risks protesting in Clearwater brings.

I wanted to post the previous so the proper context is clear when I respond to this. The quoted advice is ignorant, pointless and irrelevant for the reasons AmaX pointed out. It really doesn't matter what good intentions you had when recommending this, if the advice is as ignorant, pointless, irrelevant and potentially dangerous for noobs then it needs to be called out for that and the person posting it told to fuck off.

TL;DR:
    Generally don't post non-anon these days, but occasionally there is need as in the present case. Protesting in Clearwater is dangerous, as documented by a litany of history, and taking advice on such from people lacking on-the-ground experience is a recipe for getting fucked. Some of the folks lacking this experience, and yet feel the need to foist their inaccurate and misleading shit onto all of us, need to be told in the strongest possible terms to fuck off. The Clearwater anons are fully justified in being a little mean if helps prevent some noob getting fucked due to that noob following ignorant dangerous advice (no matter how well-intentioned).
    • Like Like x 9
  19. Anonymous Member

I like both Rod Keller and amaX. How the fuck do I reconcile OG with Chanology? That's not a rhetorical question, BTW. I'm kinda both.
  20. Anonymous Member

If you're having fun you're Chanology if you're stressing over having fun you're OG.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Rod Keller Member

I'm sure you didn't mean it, but it sounds like you think Ray would put people in danger. If that is what you meant, I disagree. I haven't talked to him lately, but he's an impressive man and I have always come away knowing something I didn't before. I agree protesting in Clearwater can be dangerous, but I don't understand why there are such harsh words used in this thread, or maybe you think I don't have on-the-ground experience in Clearwater. OG held five protests from 1996 to 2000, not including any the LMT had during their stay. Nobody was arrested, despite a variety of volatile protest personalities and an array of counter-protest strategies. I think we did a good job of maneuvering the complexities of permits and restrictions, and people got to protest in their own way every time. So if you have a beef with me, maybe explain it more clearly. The quotes above seem overly angry and your point is murky to me. I'm willing to discuss things calmly.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Fabulous, then start a new thread. This discussion is stinking up the place.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Rod Keller Member

I don't see it as a conflict. A few ALL CAPS and suddenly we're in a flame war? Protest as safely as you can. Don't do anything illegal. Even if you try to be anonymous, there is a good chance they will identify you.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. anonymous612 Member

That's interesting considering you don't need a permit in Clearwater and the vast majority of the restrictions were post-LMT.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. amaX Member

fify
    thank you so much for posting this non-Anon wall-o-awesome-text. i'm gonna do it. i'm gonnnnna make a heart emote for you. here it is! <3
  26. amaX Member

17 years ago you held 5 protests over a 4 year period? Look, I applaud you for that. Anyone who protests in CW has to have balls. Good job. Well done. Thank you.

Here we are 13 years after your last protest. I don't even know how many times the CW Cell has protested over the last five years. It's impossible to count. Six and I once protested 13 days out of 14. Six used to go solo-raid every single day. Sometimes she would stay so long that I'd have to go rescue her when it started to get dark. Six and I even stopped posting about how many times we went downtown. Xander does the same thing nowadays. He goes out so many times that no one knows about. And in all that time there's been one arrest. Mine. It was a set-up and the charges were dropped and the cult didn't get their restraining order against me.

We've been attacked physically and verbally. The fair game has been brutal for me. Xander has had some shitty fair game thrown his way, too. We've been tailed and harassed and screamed at. We've been shoved into traffic, Peter Mansell tried to hit one of us with a cult car, we've been slapped, had hot coffee thrown on us, punched, kicked, tripped, and kettled. The abuse list goes on and on.

Here we are 13 years after your last protest and we don't even know how long it's been since you've talked to Ray Emmons, but you're spouting advice about something you are no longer are familiar with and you're still looking for approval for your bad advice. You don't know what it's like downtown any more. It's irresponsible for you to give advice. Bless Ray Emmons' heart---it would be irresponsible for him to give advice right now, too.

When I'm wrong? I admit I'm wrong. You're not that type of person and I don't know if you're just being an arrogant asshole and refusing to back off of defending your irresponsibility or if you really just don't get it no matter who many times someone explains it to you.

tl;dr: it's dangerous protesting in CW and you're wrong if you give silly advice to a newbie protester when you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
    • Like Like x 2
  27. themadhair Member

The underlined and bolded is rather problematic, particularly if you continue to feel the need to offer your 'advices'. Until you start understanding and getting a clue then, imo, by far the best response to you ITT is to tell you to fuck off until you do. Better being a harsh bastard then let any impression that you have advice to offer on this topic stand (imo).
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Rod Keller Member

My advice is to be safe and don't do anything illegal. Talk to people who have been there before and make up your own mind how you plan to protest. I can't see how any of that is controversial.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  29. My advice to you: STFU
  30. themadhair Member

To say you are being a duplicitous cunt right about now would be an understatement, and your attempts to hide behind this banner of "I'm only giving advice" needs to be called out.

Exhibit A:
    Exhibit B:
    Exhibit C:
    When you post this ignorant inaccurate and misleading shit you are putting protesters, who make the mistake of assuming you aren't full of shit, at risk. The very best you can do for Clearwater protesters is to stop posting this type of shit under the guise of being helpful and to fuck off.
    • Like Like x 5
  31. Quentinanon Member

OSA uses Hubbard Fair Game Tech. Keep in mind these Hubbard quotes in dealing with the scientology criminal enterprise:
    "Never fear to hurt another in a just cause."
    "Ruin them utterly if you can."
    "Dispose of them quietly and without sorrow."
    "Fair Game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any scientologist without any discipline of the scientologist. May be tricked, sued, or lied to or destroyed."
    • Like Like x 2