Customize

Clearwater April 16th

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by amaX, Mar 17, 2011.

1. amaX Member

CLEARWATER, FL
    APRIL 16, 2011
    CITY HALL FOUNTAIN
    112 S. OSCEOLA AVE. (Corner of S. Osceola Ave. and Pierce St.)
    START GATHERING AT 10:30A.M.
    FIRST MARCH BEGINS AROUND 11:00A.M.

We meet here:

cityhallfountain2.png

CULT
    WATCH
    DAY 1,827

On April 16, 2006, Shawn Lonsdale took his camera to downtown Clearwater and filmed the cult's Easter egg hunt. This was Day 1 of Cult Watch. We have honored Shawn many times here in Clearwater. We honestly sometimes feel that he's watching over us. We even raided for a week and during that week we met a few non-Sci people who came up to talk to us about Shawn. He is a hero here in Clearwater.

April 16, 2011 will be the 5th Anniversary of Shawn's Cult Watch.

I ask all Anons to remember Shawn on this day. Many of you who've been here since the beginning know him. Those of you who are new to this fight should familiarize yourself with Shawn who was inb4us.

Rest in peace, Shawn Lonsdale.

It's already hot here in Clearwater. We have to keep marching here so wear comfortable clothes and shoes.

It's important to stay hydrated here. Water is provided and we encourage you to drink plenty of it.

WE ALSO HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU WEAR A MASK OR BRING SOME SORT OF DISGUISE LIKE A BANDANA OR SCARF TO COVER YOUR FACE. THE CLEARWATER POLICE DEPARTMENT KNOW THE MASK LAW IN FLORIDA AND WILL NOT ASK YOU TO REMOVE THE MASK. YOU CAN WEAR THE MASK AS YOU WALK INTO AND OUT OF DOWNTOWN TO HELP HIDE YOUR IDENTITY. MASKS ALSO SHOW SOLIDARITY.

This is Clearwater. You are liable to be seen by a Scientologist anywhere you park in the vicinity of downtown. However, if you are trying to remain anonymous then it is recommended that you park farther north than Jones St. Farther to the east than N. Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave. Farther south than Druid St. *The Publix Supermarket at the corner of Ft. Harrison Ave. and Turner St. always has a lot of visiting public Scientologists AND Sea Org who shop there. It's not recommended to try and park there if you're trying to remain anonymous.

Clearwater Anonymous provides pizza, water, and cake. Donations are accepted, but never expected. We also supply signs and for the rare times we hand out a flier around here...we have fliers! Most of the general public in the Tampa Bay area know almost as much as we do about Scientology since they live and work here.

We're really happy with our brand spanking new sound speaker system that weighs next-to-nothing, doesn't sap batteries, and is LOUD ENOUGH FOR US TO HEAR! It's our best purchase ever!

We did 5 raids in 4 days with two venues in Pinellas Co. and trekked to Tampa in March! We had amazing OOT's this month: Chicago Anons joined us for all raids. We look forward to ChiAnons coming back very soon! <3

See you downtown!
  2. anonymous612 Member

FIRST TIME PROTESTERS: If you are planning to ride the bus into downtown and are not familiar with the PSTA bus system, please get in touch with me. Our bus system is infamously poor quality and runs irregularly, and if you are new to it you may need assistance planning your route.
  3. Darth Xander Member

I'll be there for the second month in a row!
    • Like Like x 3
  4. anonymous612 Member

inb4 four day record becomes six day record.
  5. Anonymous Member

Not to knitpick, but the map states: "Peace Memorial Presbyterian" and then "Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization".
    The first one is a legitimate church. The second should more accurately get designated as "Scientology Crime Syndicate Headquarters Clearwater".
  6. Anonymous Member

That's nice, you're very clever and funny and entertaining, take it up with Google.
  7. Anonymous Member

Thank you OSAbot.
  8. Anonymous Member

What do those Presbyterians think about being surrounded by clams?
  9. anonymous612 Member

That was me. You calling me OSA?
    They have a bit of a history with them. CoS has wanted to buy the property for years, and a few years back tried to get the Presbyterian Church to stop ringing its bells on Sunday because it was disturbing Scientology services. Supposedly when they refused the Reverend's tires were slashed, but I've never seen dox on that.
  10. amaX Member

APRIL 16, 2011 IS GOING TO BE THE 5TH ANNIVERSARY OF SHAWN LONSDALE'S CULT WATCH.
  11. Anonymous Member

OSA also means Optical Society of America. You wear glasses don't you?
    What!? I thought that scientology supported religious freedom! I wonder if they really mean freedom for them to operate under cloak of religion.
  12. anonymous612 Member

Well...fuck. You've got me there.
  13. Anonymous Member

First off, anonymous612 I'm not familiar with the PTSA bus system, but there's a stop outside my house and if that can deliver me then great; please help with basics, I'll figure out specifics.

I've been a member since I signed up but moved to Florida a bit ago from an area that didn't have Scientology at all, thus no protests. I have the type of background that could allow me to enter Scientology as a "spy;" therefore, I have the background to enter Anonymous as a "spy." So... what should I expect? I have never been to a protest. I'm not willing to provide any additional information about my background unless to someone I get to know and trust because it seems like anyone can show up. Basically, how do the newbies get treated?

What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not I'll be treated like a traitor because I'll be just as happy spending the day in bed reading about stupid shit. This is Clearwater and I'm guessing (literally, or assuming if that word is some how better) that CoS has at very least tried infiltration before.

I am new-to/living-in Clearwater, bored as fuck, and I'm up for whatever cacophonistic shit Anons are up to (like a protest on April 16th) but the whole thing makes me nervous (go figure that I'd somehow be socially awkward).
  14. anonymous612 Member

PSTA is $2.00 per bus, and they don't do transfers, so if you have to take two buses into downtown (pray you don't have to D: ) you will need to pay twice. It's my understanding that the $4.50 all day Go-cards can be purchased directly from the bus driver, though, but I can't guarantee that. PSTA's homepage has the schedules and system map, and a Google Maps plugin to map out and schedule your route. You're looking for one of the routes that terminates at Park Street Terminal, because that's right in the middle of downtown. Whether you prefer to use a smaller busstop to leave downtown so you can dodge tails is your business, just check that it's on the same route going the direction you want. And for the love of god don't miss your bus. Even the most frequent ones run only once an hour (apart from Rt 19, which is 30min). The less frequent ones can be as long as once every three hours.

They have. Who cares? We've been doing this for a long time. I'm not going to tell you anything I wouldn't tell a Scientologist anyway. Why would we treat you as a traitor unless you personally have screwed us over on something in the past? I mean yeah, Marty Rathbun better not show up at a protest because I've got a few strong words for him. But some random anon we've never met or dealt with before? No one's gonna try to bite you here.

At least not us. There's this one Kiwi scifag that might, he's kind of a dick.
  15. Anonymous Member

thanks for the reminder
  16. SHUT UP 'BIMBO' >_<
    WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO ELITIST AND KICK ME OUT OF YOUR COOL CLUB!?

Also, I'll be there. >_> <_<
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Zak McKracken Member

I'd say the same goes for just about any Anonymous cell, anywhere.

If we don't know that you're not a Scientologist - hey. It doesn't matter!
    Scientologists are welcome to join us in protesting the cult, too :3

612 might be a spy. In fact, the entire damn CW cell could all be CoS spies, and it wouldn't make any difference because I wouldn't trust her with anything personal, that I wouldn't share with a spy.
    Not because she's creepy, or because she carries around buckets of acid wherever she goes-
    its just the way we roll.

Being a n00b, you may find yourself being scrutinized (Anons watching to see if you do anything obviously retarded) but that's no different from how we watch each other anyway. New or old, anons who make fools of themselves get called on it. Generally, in good humor :)

You get used to it.
  18. anonymous612 Member

Now, in the interests of full disclosure, if you do something stupid like break the law and we warn you on it and you don't knock it off, we'll call the cops on your ass. But that's a separate subject and I think most cells would do that.

WILL YOU STOP TELLING PEOPLE THAT IT'S MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO INFILTRATE HELP THE NEWFAGS.
  19. Sethdood Member

NYC Anon here. Good to see things happening in Clearwater which makes the cult frown. When you see scilons, please tell them I said "suck my dick off its dick stump."
  20. i will
  21. amaX Member

We're going to honor Shawn Lonsdale at this protest. We usually dress like him on the days we honor him. Baseball cap, t-shirt, khaki/cargo shorts. Just the baseball cap will be enough. Bring a camera!

CULT WATCH
    DAY 1,827

22. anonymous612 Member

:D BASEBALL HATS. BRB.
  23. much support anon - but I will not be able to show up, since I still have family members inside the cult i do not want to be cut off from. Scns who know me might recognize me, even with a mask on. I might show up if I grow a pair, but being an ex-scn living in Clearwater trying to protest the cult has too many cons. good luck out there guys.
  24. please keep your family.xenu will do the work.
  25. anonymous612 Member

26. Anonymous Member

Didn't know where to post this.
    It was listed on tbextra.com under Clearwater Church / Religious Organization venues.
    I took out the hot link out of the add to their website

http://events.tboextra.com/clearwater-fl/venues/show/2843705-fort-harrison-hotel

The Fort Harrison Hotel is claiming they support programs for foster children?
    I also thought that they did not offer the Ft. Harrison for community groups for banquets, proms ect...????
    Fort Harrison Hotel

210 S. Fort Harrison Ave., Clearwater, FL, 33756

The Church and our parishioners are also very much involved with activities to improve our community. This includes sponsoring and supporting programs to foster children, prevent drug abuse, improve literacy and more. It also includes the restoration of several of Clearwater's signature buildings, including the Fort Harrison Hotel, the Clearwater Bank Building and the Coachman Building.

Facilities of the Fort Harrison and Clearwater Building are available and used routinely by residents and community groups for banquets, proms, conferences, exhibits and performances.
    We also hold daily open houses, to give anyone the opportunity to find out more about the Church, what we do for the community, and what we can do for them and the public is invited to eat lunch and dinner in the Hibiscus Restaurant at the Fort Harrison.
    You are always welcome at Flag.
    Tags: church of scientology clearwater
    Venue Type: Church / Religious Organization
    Accessible to persons with disabilities.
    Creator: AngelaLeMay
    Creator: AngelaLeMay
  27. lambear Member

They do have an annual foster family party where they promote all of their special programs, such as their tutoring services, learning how to learn, the intro courses etc. It's just a way for them to worm their way into the foster family groups and recruit. I've been there and seen it.
  28. Guerillanon Member

29. anonymous612 Member

OH GOD IT'S YOU AGAIN.

You should raid with us. D:
  30. amaX Member

I FELT A GREAT DISTUBANCE IN THE FORCE AND FELT MYSELF BEING DRAWN HERE AND I FIND YOU?
    Still jumpin' over everything, boy? I knew we shoulda sprung for that internal locator chip for you.
  31. Anonymous Member

"Facilities of the Fort Harrison and Clearwater Building are available and used routinely by residents and community groups for banquets, proms, conferences, exhibits and performances."

so is this true? I know they told the town this in the beggining, but then changed their mind.
    Have they changed their mind once again?
  32. anonymous612 Member

Depends on whether the "community group" has Scientology ties, of course.
  33. Anonymous Member

ahh
    so it is not really "routinely used by residents"? then as they proclaim
    any proms lately? lol
  34. anonymous612 Member

Lmao no. Seen the Boy Scouts use it occasionally though. But CoS sponsors them and the Girl Scouts pretty heavily here.
  35. Darth Xander Member

Hibiscus open on Sundays to the public? Think I'm gonna have to put that to the test on the 17th.
  36. anonymous612 Member

Their Saturday buffet has a wafflemaker.
  37. amaX Member

They like to let the people in North Greenwood use the facilities. North Greenwood is a poorer community with quite a few black citizens. I'm guessing the cult is still trying to somehow gain a foothold in that community in the hopes of getting slave labor for the Sea Org, but the citizens of North Greenwood have never fallen for it. The North Greenwood people basically use some of the facilities and then go on their merry way.
  38. amaX Member

NONE of you are going to eat at the damned Hibiscus Room! You want waffles, we'll go to IHOP or something.