Customize

Claire Headley and Tony Ortega: Up the Bridge to Total Freedom

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Mar 5, 2013.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Claire Headley Gets Us Ready to Go Solo: More Prep for Scientology OT!

By Tony Ortega

Claire, you’ve taken us on a great journey of adventure up Scientology’s “Bridge to Total Freedom.” We’ve gone Clear, and we did our Preps before we start the Operating Thetan levels. But you tell us there’s even more we have to do before we can do those levels. We need to do some training as auditors — and learn to audit ourselves in Solo Auditing?

CLAIRE: We have to do this first because OT 1, 2, and 3 are all solo audited levels. So that means you will be delivering those levels to yourself. For which you must be trained as a solo auditor.

THE BUNKER: We’ve looked through the materials for Solo Auditing, and once it again it looks like a huge amount of repetition, with pages and pages of stuff we’ve already seen before.

CLAIRE: Yes, it is a lot of repetition of what we have already covered. As I remember, one of the first major steps on this course is what is referred to by Scientologists as the “wall of books.” Meaning you do a full study of all of the basic books, even if you’ve already studied them before.

<snip>

COST THIS WEEK: $5,778

COST SO FAR: $248,975

http://tonyortega.org/2013/10/29/cl...eady-to-go-solo-more-prep-for-scientology-ot/
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Anonymous Member

I guess it really never occurred to me how solo auditing was billed. Do you get charged for the number of hours you spend auditing yourself?
  3. Random guy Member

What's to stop an enterprising clam from auditing himself in his spare time?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Presumably they include this in sec checks.

"Have you performed any unlicensed therapy on yourself and not paid us for the privilege?"
    • Like Like x 2
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

Claire Headley Takes Us OT! Here We Go with Scientology’s Operating Thetan Level One!

By Tony Ortega

Well, this is it. We’re finally plunging into Scientology’s “Operating Thetan” levels after Claire Headley has taken us all the way up the Bridge to Total Freedom. Claire, we’re very excited about this. You’ve explained to us that the anticipation of Scientology’s superhuman secrets — finally revealed on the OT levels — is what keeps people in for years, toiling away at repetitive tasks that can seem ridiculous in the extreme. But now, we’re finally here!

CLAIRE: Well, cool your jets. We have one final step before we can plunge into OT 1 itself — and that’s “OT Eligibility.”

THE BUNKER: Say what?

CLAIRE: It’s basically another “sec check” — an interrogation — and it’s like the False Purpose Rundown that we’ve done before. But in this case, it’s an investigation so that a Knowledge Report (KR) can be written up, and then an ethics officer goes through it in detail to see what you’ve confessed to — and then handles everything that came up in the KR. It’s got to be done before you can be approved to start the OT levels.

Also, a review is run to make sure you’ve done all the grade levels in full, and that your case supervisor has signed off on them. Your ethics have to be acceptable, and you have to prove that you’re an active and participating Scientologist.

<snip>

COST THIS WEEK: $13,158.25

TOTAL SO FAR: $262,133.25

http://tonyortega.org/2013/11/04/cl...with-scientologys-operating-thetan-level-one/
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ot7's and above audit themselves.
    Although an exe or an independent cultist could tell you more on the subject.
  7. > additional.
    My OT1 cognition was to watch people unobtrusively and fap.
    It was a very spiritual experience.
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

Bruce Hines Joins Us As Claire Headley Keeps Us Moving Through Scientology’s OT Levels!

By Tony Ortega

Claire has brought us all the way to the “OT” levels, and last week she introduced us to “Operating Thetan Level One,” consisting of L. Ron Hubbard’s handwritten 1968 notes. We had all sorts of fun with Hubbard’s instructions to go outside and “count bodies,” at hundreds of dollars an hour!

Some time in the 1980s, we believe, those handwritten notes were replaced with another set of instructions known as “New OT I,” and we wanted to take a look at them as well as welcome a new member of our team as we continue up the Bridge to Total Freedom. Bruce Hines, thanks for joining us! How about a little background for our readers.

BRUCE: I got into Scientology in 1972 and left it in 2003. I joined the Sea Org in 1979 and was in it up to the time I left. From 1979 to 1987 I was at the Flag Land Base in Clearwater, Florida, where I was an auditor for people on OT levels. From 1987 to 1995 I was in what was called the Office of the Senior Case Supervisor International, which was part of the Commodore’s Messenger Organization International at that time. There I mainly served a quality control function, and was also ordered to audit some celebrities and other people who were considered important. I knew Marc and Claire there, though we did not cross paths much. I did do a security check on Marc that allowed him to come to the Int base for posting. Then I fell from grace and was on the Rehabilitation Project Force (the Sea Org’s prison detail) from 1998 to 2001 at “Happy Valley,” a property near Int Base which the church no longer owns. Then from 2001 to 2003 I was in New York City at the organization on 48th St between 8th and 9th, and was involved in renovating the org on 46th St in the early stages of the Ideal Org program.

THE BUNKER: Wow, that’s an amazing background. And last week, in our comments section, you gave us some history on OT I.

BRUCE: Yeah, through the years there have been three different versions of OT I. Originally, like in 1967 or so, the level consisted of auditing more of the “Clearing Course” materials (this was also solo auditing and it was the only way to go clear before “Dianetic Clear” came out in 1978). Next was the Hubbard handwritten version that consisted of processes done solo while out walking around (as described here last week). Then much later, an entirely different version came out, and it was now called “New OT I.” This is the only version that a person would do these days.

THE BUNKER: Let’s take a look at “New OT I” and how it works. In this version, an e-meter is used as the subject goes through solo auditing, asking himself questions and reading the results on the machine.

<snip>

(Our cost so far remains the same this week: $262,133.25)

http://tonyortega.org/2013/11/12/br...eps-us-moving-through-scientologys-ot-levels/
    • Like Like x 2
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

Claire and Bruce Take Us Into the Bizarre World of Scientology’s Operating Thetan Two!

By Tony Ortega

Once again, Bruce Hines joins us this week as Claire continues to take us through Scientology’s legendary “OT” levels. And today, we’re beginning Operating Thetan Level Two, which Bruce last week promised us would be “bizarre.” Is that true, Claire?

CLAIRE: OT 2 was absolutely the most complicated, esoteric, and ethereal level I experienced in Scientology. And I do believe that’s saying something!

THE BUNKER: That does seem to be saying a lot. Well, let’s get to it! There’s a ton of material to go through in OT 2, and it starts off with a statement by L. Ron Hubbard that this level will be approached first with a study of course data, and then with auditing. If we’re not incorrect, that’s the method that the OT levels will have from now on, isn’t that true?

BRUCE: With the exception of the current OT 4 (or “New OT IV”), all of the existing OT levels involve first studying the theory and doing some drills (practice), and then doing the actual solo auditing.

THE BUNKER: So in this case, what is the course data about? Hubbard says it should only take us three hours to get through. And we start out with some review, which seems pretty standard. There’s the usual Keep Scientology Working drill, for example.

But then we get to the really interesting stuff — our Whole Track!

Hubbard believed that we are immortal beings he called “thetans,,” and although we may no longer be aware of it, we’ve actually existed for unthinkably immense periods of time. We begin to recover knowledge of our real selves as we remove the “reactive mind” until we become “clear,” which happened a few levels ago. Now, we can really begin auditing way down our “whole track” of existence. And as we do so, we’ll bump into things along the way.

BRUCE: Those things we’re bumping into are whole track “implants” that all beings on earth supposedly received. Implants are extremely intense thought-control incidents that we all were subjected to, in which post-hypnotic commands or situations designed to confuse one’s sense of space or time are given to the hapless victim, under overwhelming duress (like explosions, pain and drugs, or whatever). It was the evil psychs who did this, millions or billions or trillions or quadrillions of years ago.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/11/20/cl...e-world-of-scientologys-operating-thetan-two/
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Bizarre and Pricey! Auditing Scientology’s Operating Thetan Level 2 with Claire & Bruce

By Tony Ortega

Last week, Claire continued to lead us up Scientology’s “Bridge to Total Freedom” as we began our look at Operating Thetan Level Two. With help from former top auditor Bruce Hines, we learned about the incredibly ancient “GPMs” which lie in wait along our “whole track” as we prepare to travel far back into our pasts through auditing.

In fact, these incidents — booby traps implanted by “evil psychs” trillions and trillions of years ago — continue to be the source of our troubles today, and so it’s necessary to go back and neutralize them. Cowabunga.

CLAIRE: If you think this is a mind scramble, not only are you going to have to study all this theory, but then you’re going in session and you have to come out the other side with all the end phenomena of good indicators, floating needles, and cognitions.

<snipped>

COST THIS WEEK: $5,250
    COST SO FAR: $267,383.25

http://tonyortega.org/2013/11/26/bi...ating-thetan-level-two-with-claire-and-bruce/
    • Like Like x 2
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

Our Experts Prepare Us for the Wall of Fire — Scientology’s Operating Thetan Level Three

By Tony Ortega

And now we come to it. After taking us all the way up from the bottom rung of Scientology’s “Bridge to Total Freedom,” Claire Headley has brought us to the most legendary level of all, Operating Thetan Level Three. Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard claimed to have nearly died learning its secrets. He warned that anyone unprepared for it would catch pneumonia and perish.

Before we dive into those secrets ourselves, we wanted to ask Claire and her fellow tech expert Bruce Hines about expectations.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/12/03/ou...re-scientologys-operating-thetan-level-three/
    • Like Like x 2
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

The big reveal: What you actually learn on Scientology’s Operating Thetan Level Three

By Tony Ortega

And now, it’s time for the big reveal. We have a lot of ground to cover. Thankfully we have Claire and Bruce Hines to help us understand this stuff.

So after several years of devotion and a couple of hundred thousand dollars in fees (not to mention additional donations and other costs), it’s finally time for us on our trip up the “Bridge to Total Freedom” to see what’s kept in that locked briefcase they open up for you on Operating Thetan Level III. What you’re shown is some handwritten pages which L. Ron Hubbard scribbled in 1968.

Let’s just take a little peek at some of it in the name of fair use.

<snipped>

COST THIS WEEK: $10,890
    COST SO FAR: $278,273.25

http://tonyortega.org/2013/12/10/th...on-scientologys-operating-thetan-level-three/
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

At OT 3, you learn you have space cooties — how do you get rid of them? Scientology exorcism!

By Tony Ortega

Last week, Claire and tech expert Bruce Hines helped us with the big reveal — the mind-blowing “data” of Scientology’s “Operating Thetan Level Three,” the stuff of intergalactic genocide and a leader named “Xenu” which became the subject of a 2005 episode of South Park. But we don’t want to leave OT 3 just yet. This week, we have more questions for Bruce and Claire about this high-level counseling, which runs about $800 an hour for veteran Scientologists.

Bruce, Claire, last week we learned that in 1968, L. Ron Hubbard scribbled handwritten notes which reveal to his followers who reach this level that they are actually infested with the disembodied souls left on earth after an intergalactic genocide which happened 75 million years ago (also known as “Incident 2″). In order to free ourselves of these invisible “body thetans” we must “run” them through Incident 1 (a universe-founding event of 4 quadrillion years ago) and Incident 2 until they “blow” — detach themselves from us and leave us alone.

But what does that actually entail? What does “running” body thetans through “incidents” during solo auditing look like?

BRUCE: “Running an incident” comes from basic Dianetic theory and practice. A person’s past, every consecutive moment of it, is recorded on the time track, which is considered to be like a three-dimensional movie containing all 57 perceptics (not just sight and sound like a real movie). In Dianetics one is supposedly removing the harmful charge from incidents on the track that contain pain and unconsciousness or heavy loss. A person can move up and down this time track and is often, according to the theory, not in present time. This is a sort of mental thing, or something that the person as a spiritual being does knowingly or unknowingly.

<snipped>

For now, we’ll stay with our current running total for our trip up the “Bridge to Total Freedom,” which is $278,273.25.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/12/17/at...-do-you-get-rid-of-them-scientology-exorcism/
    • Like Like x 3
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Being and nothingness: And now we move on to Scientology’s Operating Thetan Level Four!

By Tony Ortega

After our holiday break, it’s time to get back to moving up the Bridge to Total Freedom! When we we left off in December, Claire and Bruce had taken us all the way through Operating Thetan Level Three and L. Ron Hubbard’s epic handwritten tale about the galactic genocidal warlord, Xenu. This week, it’s on to OT 4, but initially we’re going to look at “old” OT 4, which Claire tells us she didn’t experience.

<snipped>

After OT 3, this material from Old OT 4 does seem like a letdown. But next week, we’ll look into what replaced it! (And then total up our new costs. Our current tally is $278,273.25.)

http://tonyortega.org/2014/01/14/be...-to-scientologys-operating-thetan-level-four/
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Ok. I know none of this shit makes sense-or is really supposed to- but I couldn't help but notice that OT 4 was supposed to help you not have your memories erased and mind implanted after death.

But how can you be auditing 'genuine' past lives in this life if your memory of all your past lives was erased at the implant station?

Yeah, I know, you mocked it all up, now find out who you really arggggh...
    • Like Like x 2
  16. RightOn Member

your understanding of this is scary. I can't wrap any of it around my head. It all starts sounding like Charlie Bown's mother.
    And logic and scientology should never be in the same sentence
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DeathHamster Member

According to Hubbard, they should be hanging out at the Implant Stations and recruiting.
    I'd love to hear the recording of this. I bet Hubbard was using a racist fake oriental accent for that. "You've been a good boy."
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Crap, looks like even after death the departure hubs will be filled with cult recruiters:(. At least, according to Snagglepuss, they'll be openly passing out corporate logos and mind fucks instead of flowers and candy.

You're probably right about the accent. I can hear the cued chuckling of his captive crowd now. Funny how so many openly racist cult leaders don't mind the color of other people's money.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

Drug flashbacks from one million years B.C.? It’s time for Scientology’s New OT 4!

By Tony Ortega

Bruce and Claire, last time we reached Operating Thetan Level Four on our trip up the Bridge to Total Freedom, but it was an early version that was later superseded by “New OT 4.” So let’s see what New OT 4 has in store for us.

It’s interesting to see the date on the materials for OT 4: January 29, 1980, which is just two weeks before Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard went permanently into hiding until his death in 1986. So this material was issued when he was at ‘X,’ an apartment complex in Hemet.

As for the level itself, we’re back to body thetans and clusters of BTs — the disembodied alien souls that take up residence inside our bodies or float nearby, which we first leaned about at OT 3.

Hubbard now tells us that body thetans are affected by drug use.

We learn that drug use along our whole track — long in the past — was worse than the drug use of today. And drug use today has a tendency to “restimulate” your body thetans about the drug use they went through in the distant yesterday.

<snipped>

THIS WEEK: $ 9,831.25
    TOTAL SO FAR: $ 288,105.50

http://tonyortega.org/2014/01/28/new-ot-4/
    • Like Like x 1
  20. RightOn Member

TOTAL SO FAR: $ 288,105.50
    wow think of all the good this money could have done
    • Like Like x 2
  21. fishypants Moderator

Though I've been familiar with Scientology for some years now, I STILL find it hard to understand how anyone could give credence to Hubbard's nonsensical ramblings.

That's brain-washing for you I suppose... or maybe it's self-selection of the gullible.
    • Like Like x 3
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

The secret of everything? It’s time for Scientology’s Original Operating Thetan Level Five!

By Tony Ortega

This week, as we move on up to Original Operating Thetan Level Five (OT 5), Claire told us she never had any experience with it. But Bruce was ready to help us get another step up the Bridge to Total Freedom.

According to the Original OT 5 materials we looked at, this level is about “the truth about the physical universe,” which is different from “the laws of physical scientists.”

Yes, we’re going to learn the truth about the MEST universe (matter, energy, space, and time), and once we do, we will become “free of its laws.”

Sounds fun! At this point, we should be able to exist completely exterior of the physical body, and the drills of OT 5 will allow us to “communicate” freely with the “environment.”

Oh, we can hardly wait! Now, let’s see how the true nature of the universe is revealed in a way that those silly scientists have never figured out.

<snipped>

Next time, we’ll do New OT 5, and we’ll add it on to our running total. For now, we’ll stay at $288,105.50 for now.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/05/th...tologys-original-operating-thetan-level-five/
    • Like Like x 2
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

It’s time to wake up our space cooties on Scientology’s New Operating Thetan Level Five!

By Tony Ortega

This week, Bruce is helping us as we soldier on into the strange environs of New Operating Thetan Level Five. We’re now moving into a new realm — New Era Dianetics for OTs, which is usually shortened to NOTs. We’ll have Bruce explain that in a bit.

But first, let’s take a look what we ran into as we leafed through the materials for New OT 5.

We ran into a checklist of prerequisites, which include having a security clearance and making sure we don’t have a vitamin deficiency.

Once we’re ready, there’s a 29-step checklist that makes up OT 5 itself. Each of them refer to corresponding NOTs procedures. So the first step, for example, is “Indoctrination Step & clearing words,” which refers to NOTs 4 and 27.

Other steps include “Handle BTs who went Clear,” “Handle BTs who went Exterior,” “Handle BTs audited past erasure,” and “Repair BTs run on uncharged items.”

“BTs” stands for “body thetans,” those disembodied alien souls that we thought we’d gotten rid of on OT 3 and then OT 4. But apparently our BTs need further handling because they’ve been going Clear and Exterior on us.

Some additional steps in New OT 5:

Handle BTs/clusters Being Body Parts
    Handle BTs On or Around the Body
    Generally Spotting and Blowing BTs/clusters
    Mass That Kicks in when Pre-OT Looks into Body
    BTs with Mis-U words Rundown

And here’s the final step, which is a doozy: “Verify whether Pre-OT has achieved the full EP of NED for OTs as described in NOTs 27, pages 8 & 11. If so Declare. If not, locate the unflat/incomplete Pgm step(s) and handle…DO NOT DECLARE UNTIL PRE-OT HAS THE FULL EP.”

Well, that certainly sounds sophisticated and worth hundreds of dollars an hour, doesn’t it?

<snipped>

According to a 2007 price list, 50 hours of intensives for New OT 5 runs $27,300.

COST THIS WEEK: $27,300
    COST SO FAR: $315,405.50

http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/11/it...scientologys-new-operating-thetan-level-five/
    • Like Like x 1
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

Going three feet back of your head: Scientology’s Original Operating Thetan Level Six!

By Tony Ortega

Bruce Hines is helping us again as we push on into the upper Operating Thetan levels, and boy, are we excited. This week, we’re up to Original OT 6, and the title for this level’s materials is “Familiarisation as a Thetan Exterior with the Physical Universe.” Hey, that’s sounds major!

After some review and preparation, we proceed to Step One.

“Be three feet in back of your head,” we’re told, the classic Scientology instruction to go “exterior” from our bodies.

Then we’re asked to do a series of exercises involving making “copies” of things we see in the room and then “disposing” of them. We’re told to find locations in the room or on Earth and “hold onto them” for two minutes. Once again, as in the previous level, we’re asked to “spot spots” in the room. And then there’s this fun instruction:

“Be in the following places: The room, the sky, the moon, the sun. The above steps should be done to a Major Cognition or ability regained. Repeat until this occurs. Write it down.”

Groovy.

Now on to Part Two, which takes place while we’re instructed to be lying down with our eyes closed.

We’re told to locate an animal and make it move it around, to find a person walking and make them walk faster, and then make a walking person stop and start again. We’re told to find someone “in a distant land”…

“Notice the terrain. Notice the general environment. Smell the air. Locate a thought that is his. Locate a thought that is yours. Continue until flat.”

Far out.

On to Step Three.

Now we’re told to turn on sexual desire and then turn it off. “Continue that step until you feel you have control over the sexual drives.”

Whatever you say, L. Ron.

We’re then told to create a feeling of pain, and then of serenity, then of hunger, then of admiration.

“The end result of these particular drills is the regained ability to control the body and its sensations…The Operating Thetan must be able to manufacture and experience to his complete satisfaction, all sensations including pain in mock-up form, and all energies such as admiration and force.”

Out of sight.

So it’s on to Step Four.

Now we’re told to “postulate” some emotions — anger, boredom, grief, cheerfulness, and serenity. “This is continued until you are sure that you can create any emotion.”

And finally, we get the big test to make sure this stuff is more than just lying down with our eyes closed while imagining things…

“Finally, exteriorized visit a friend who lives in another state. Greet him and flow affinity to him. Ask him to communicate to you by letter.”

And that’s it.

Hey, what if your friend doesn’t like to write letters?

<snipped>

Next week, we’ll look at New OT 6, one of the most voluminous levels on the entire Bridge. (For now, we’ll hold on to our cost so far: $315,405.50)

http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/18/go...ntologys-original-operating-thetan-level-six/
    • Like Like x 1
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

Telepathic space-age exorcism — Let’s do Scientology’s New Operating Thetan Level Six!

By Tony Ortega

Bruce is along with us again this week as we dive into New OT 6. Despite all of the work we’ve done on OT 3, 4, and 5, we’re still exorcising our space cooties on this level — or, in Scientology jargon, auditing our “body thetans” or “BTs.” All of the things we’ve been learning over so many levels is all coming together now, with our BTs hanging together in clusters, and our learning how to telepathically communicate with them and see if they’ve got leftover issues from “Incident 1″ (of 4 quadrillion years ago) or “Incident 2″ (the Xenu genocide of 75 million years ago).

The set of New OT 6 materials we have is incredibly long and contains all of the New Era Dianetics for Operating Thetans (NOTs) stuff that Bruce first told us about on New OT 5. There’s so much material, we’ve just put together some titles and a few outtakes for samples.

<snipped>

COST THIS WEEK: $13,600.00
    COST SO FAR: $329,005.50

http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/25/te...-scientologys-new-operating-thetan-level-six/
    • Like Like x 1
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

Bruce Hines takes us through Scientology’s Original Operating Thetan Level Seven!

By Tony Ortega

We sure have come a long way since Claire first started us out in this series with Scientology’s “Personality Test” a full year ago tomorrow! And now, we’re all the way up to Original OT 7, and Bruce Hines is here to help us as we near the top of the “Bridge to Total Freedom.”

Bruce, we’ve gone through the materials for Original OT 7, which begin with the statement, “The purpose of OT VII is the rehabilitation of ability to project intention.”

Original OT 7 consists of 49 processes, each of which has one to several individual activities. We’ll pull out a few of L. Ron Hubbard’s specific instructions in the name of fair use. (And remember, we’re being asked to answer these questions while paying several hundred dollars an hour, and by this time this catechism should be unlocking the secrets of the universe and helping us unleash superhuman abilities.)

<snipped>

We’ll do New OT 7 next week, and update our costs at that point. For now, we’re still at $329,005.50.

http://tonyortega.org/2014/03/04/br...ntologys-original-operating-thetan-level-six/
    • Like Like x 2
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

Finally, a last stand against space cooties: It’s Scientology’s New Operating Thetan Level 7

By Tony Ortega

Wow, we’re really getting near the top of the bridge. This week, Bruce Hines gives us some amazing insights about New OT 7. But first, let’s take a look at the materials we have on it, which are quite brief.

What we have from L. Ron Hubbard all fits on just one page. (And yet, we hear this is the level so many people get stuck on for the longest — for several years in many cases.)

In the instructions we have, the “Pre-OT” is told to do solo auditing in order to remove body thetans or clusters “one area at a time.”

“You may in some instances have to have the Pre-OT handle BTs Dianetically, running them back through a chain of incidents. This can be complex, with three or four BTs and chains crossed.”

The instructions tell us that running the engrams of body thetans can be “dicey,” because multiple BTs can share engrams originating from different chains, or something. It sounds complex.

“When the Pre-OT has a transparent body and a clear area around it to some distance…and when he realized he is alive and very much himself,” then the “end phenomena” of ‘New Era Dianetics for OTs’ has succeeded.

At that point, the person will have achieved “Cause over life.” Woo-hoo!

So it sounds to our unsophisticated ears like this is just some mop-up of leftover BTs. So why does it take so long? And how did it come to have the name “on the level.”

And why does it require sec checks every six months? (Which isn’t mentioned in the materials we have.)

<snipped>

COST THIS WEEK: $59,800
    COST SO FAR: $388,805.50

http://tonyortega.org/2014/03/19/fi...cientologys-new-operating-thetan-level-seven/
    • Like Like x 2
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

Jefferson Hawkins helps us understand Scientology’s L Rundowns

By Tony Ortega

For more than a year, we’ve been exploring Scientology’s “Bridge to Total Freedom,” step by step. We last left off after Bruce Hines helped us understand Operating Thetan Level Seven. That leaves us with one final level on the Bridge, OT 8. We plan to dive deeply into that final step on our journey.

But before we do that, we wanted to take a detour. Since we want to end this series on OT 8, we thought we’d do things a little out of order and spend some time now on the “L Rundowns.”

The “L’s,” as they’re known, can come after OT 8, but they also can come at any time after OT 3. They’re a separate set of very expensive rundowns that are supposed to be “boosters” for Scientologists working on their OT levels. At least, that’s how the introduction to the L’s reads in our materials.

The L’s — L10, L11, and L12 — are delivered at Scientology’s spiritual ‘mecca’ in Clearwater, Florida. According to Scientology, they “increase a person’s power and effectiveness.” Also, they are supposed to help a person get through the OT levels faster.

So what’s in L10?

The L10 intro tells us it is “designed to handle the things a thetan uses to restrain himself. The person regains his ability and power to do those things he intends to do and as a result he feels more at cause than ever before.”

<snipped>

COST THIS WEEK: $72,000
    COST SO FAR: $460,805.50

http://tonyortega.org/2014/04/15/jefferson-hawkins-helps-us-understand-scientologys-l-rundowns/
    • Like Like x 3

29. After decades of this mountain of batshit insane LRH processing and interrogation, can a Scientologist buy his or her way back down the Bridge to the start, you know, Sanity? I've yet to see an OT VIII capable of putting a coherent sequence of sentences together.

Can Scientology produce this shining example of enlightenment who has used L. Ron Hubbard's 'Tech' to get there, perhaps list all of their amazing accomplishments to mankind and demonstrate their super powers?

There are NO Hubbard Dianetic Clears with the promised perfect recall, vision and freedom from most common illnesses that afflict mankind. None, Zero, Nata. How can there be any OT's at all if there isn't a single Clear on the planet and one has to be Clear to move on up Hubbard's phony Bridge.

Scientologists: Take Note:LRH was a conman, MmmK? Deal with it, come on now, back it up, down the Bridge, you can do it..........Come on Down!
    • Like Like x 3
  30. vaLLarrr Member

^^^ crazy old fart paid $$$ for OT powers... still needs to wear glasses LOL
    • Like Like x 4
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

Up the Bridge: We finally reach ‘OT 8′ — but was its first version really a hoax?

More than a year ago, we started a project — ‘Up the Bridge’ — which we thought would be very useful for our readers, particularly those who had never been members of Scientology. With the help of experts — Claire Headley, Bruce Hines, and others — we ventured step by step up Scientology’s legendary “Bridge to Total Freedom.”

Even members of the public with only a vague understanding of Scientology seem to realize that the church is unique in that it involves a series of ever more expensive courses or levels that members go through to reach higher states of spiritual enlightenment. But what were these steps, and how much did they cost? With Claire’s help, we started at the very bottom, learning how something like “Study Tech,” for example — a course about how to use a dictionary to look up or “word-clear” concepts — contributes to the organization’s layers of control. Some of these lower level courses cost very little.

At the upper end of the Bridge, we’ve been going through the “Operating Thetan” levels, which can each require weeks or even years of counseling — called ‘auditing’ — and can run several hundred dollars an hour. In our last installment, Jefferson Hawkins helped us understand one of the “L Rundowns” — a sort of booster to the OT levels — and by that time we had reached a running total in course costs (not counting transportation, lodging, and other costs and donations) of $460,805.50. And now, finally, we’ve reached the highest level of them all — Operating Thetan Level Eight.

Released in 1988, two years after the death of L. Ron Hubbard, OT 8 has only ever been delivered to church members in one place — aboard the church’s private cruise ship the Freewinds, which sails between several Caribbean islands and made its maiden voyage that year. But there’s been a running controversy over what materials those students in 1988 were given when OT 8 was debuted. In 1993, a bizarre document purporting to be OT 8 showed up in a giant court filing — the notorious “Fishman Papers” — which a man named Steven Fishman submitted in a lawsuit that resulted from Time magazine’s 1991 cover story calling Scientology “the thriving cult of greed and power.” (Briefly, Fishman was being sued for things he said about the church in the magazine article, and Scientology claimed he had to be lying because he had no real knowledge of the church. So, in order to prove that he was a knowledgeable member, he submitted Scientology’s entire secret upper level teachings as a court declaration. The Fishman Papers then began leaking out on the early Internet about a year later, and it’s all been pretty much downhill for Scientology ever since.) The OT 8 document was so strange — with L. Ron Hubbard telling his followers that he was a prophesied reincarnation of the Buddha, and that he was the “Antichrist” predicted in the Book of Revelation, and that Jesus was not the figure most Christians made him out to be — there have always been doubts about the document’s authenticity. (Scientology officials have dismissed it as a hoax.)

Before we move on in the next installment to what Scientologists learn today on OT 8, this week we wanted to deal with this controversy. It’s something we’ve been waiting to do for a very long time, and in part inspired this series to begin with.

Continued at
    http://tonyortega.org/2014/06/24/up...ot-8-but-was-its-first-version-really-a-hoax/
    • Like Like x 1
  32. fishypants Moderator

jVKbR9R.png
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Random guy Member

Sooooo, the Fishman affidavit was correct all along. Nice.
    • Like Like x 4
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  35. anoninoob Member

• Like Like x 3
  36. Whoa, Pat Harney speaks!

I clicked on the link above and found that Pat gave a radio interview today in response to what Claire said yesterday:
    Pat Harney- Public Affairs Director for the Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization

37. The Wrong Guy Member

Need a boost to your superpowers? Scientology has a (pricey) solution for that!

By Tony Ortega, April 12, 2017

Quote:

Thanks to Rasha, we have the new Source magazine from Scientology’s Flag Land Base, and it has some fun items to help you expand your space and your havingness!

These publications put out by the church which encourage Scientologists to travel to Clearwater, Florida and spend serious money are a lot of fun. And in this issue, we were intrigued to see they were featuring the L Rundowns — L10, L11, and L12.

We have a special fascination for the Ls, a set of three auditing processes that are only available at the Flag base and which stand somewhat apart from the grade chart that Scientologists follow up the Bridge to Total Freedom. Three years ago, as part of our project to learn about each of the courses and levels that Scientologists experience, we spent some time talking about the Ls with former church executive Jefferson Hawkins.

<snipped>

Well, there you have it, Scientology’s pitch for the L Rundowns. Did you happen to catch any claim that was actually measurable? Once again, Scientologists seem to be spending incredible amounts of money for what basically comes down to a confidence boost. But hey, who couldn’t use more havingness?

More at http://tonyortega.org/2017/04/12/ne...s-scientology-has-a-pricey-solution-for-that/
  38. Quentinanon Member

The Ls were developed as cash cows. They are essentially aggressive sec checking plus some 1950's processes. They translated into more money for Hubbard.
  39. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology's Bridge to Nowhere: Part 1 | Chris Shelton

In this video I breakdown the specific steps of the lower-half of Scientology's Bridge to Total Freedom, developed by L Ron Hubbard in the mid-1960s and representing the steps every Scientologist takes in their supposed journey to spiritual immortality.
  40. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology's Bridge to Nowhere: Part 2 | Chris Shelton

In this video I breakdown the specific steps of the upper-half of Scientology's Bridge to Total Freedom, developed by L Ron Hubbard in the mid-1960s and representing the steps every Scientologist takes in their supposed journey to spiritual immortality.