Customize

$ci rates relief flier

Discussion in 'Scientology Property Tax' started by Bluebell, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Bluebell Member

2. Anonymous Member

Re: $ci rates relief flier

a city does.

several cities do.
  3. Anonymous Member

Maybe redraft? It's not quite true to say they 'don't pay rates' (except in Sunderland).

How about:

NO MORE SCIENTOLOGY TAX BREAKS

or

TAXPAYERS FUND SCIENTOLOGY

or

SCIENTOLOGY's £1.3m TAX BREAK

or something like that?
  4. Anonymous Member

or

YOUR TAXES FUND SCIENTOLOGY
  5. BigBeard Member

You might also point out COSRECI is NOT a charity in Australia, even thought the UK branch, supposedly operating under their auspices, claims it is to get their tax break. That's called fraud most places.

BigBeard
  6. Bluebell Member

I like.
  7. Anonymous Member

I like the flier as it stands - the whole 'charity' thing leads to info overload; and the fact that the cult might pay rates on their lower-value (for rates) properties is superfluous. Keep it hard hitting, and avoid the 'buts' and 'ands'.
  8. Anonymous Member

Change the headline to:

YOU PAY TAX.
    SO WHY DOESN'T THE 'CHURCH' OF $CIENTOLOGY?
  9. Anonymous Member

YOU PAY TAX
    SO WHY DOESN'T THE 'CHURCH' OF $CIENTOLOGY?
  10. Anonymous Member

Disagree. Top line should refer to cult and tax.
  11. Anonymous Member

disagree - make it personal

fuck it. do several versions
  12. Anonymous Member

How about

Scientology does not pay rates.
    YOU pay their taxes!
  13. Anonymous Member

Rates are a kind of tax. You will have more impact if you refer to them as TAX in the headline. Explain detail of exactly what tax in the bodycopy
  14. Anonymous Member

I think you should state that they are not recognised as a religion and do not have charitable status in the UK because they are deemed OF NO PUBLIC BENEFIT by the charity commission
  15. Sponge Member

A tailor-made flyer to drop in businesses might be a good idea too.
    Business rates is a huge chunk of money to pay every month before that business can start making a profit. It will annoy many of them that a non-charity in their area is getting such tax breaks, especially those struggling businesses who have made other types of borderline relief claims in the past (such as hardship relief) and been rejected.
  16. Anonymous Member

Scientology doesn't pay property tax!
    Council thinks YOU should pay it for them.
  17. Anonymous Member

keep it simple:

YOUR TAXES FUND SCIENTOLOGY
  18. RolandRB Member

Except there isn't a new 5m Ideal Org on 51 Fawcett Street. Just The Tardis which is closed most of the time.
  19. Anonymous Member

san serif type face would have more chance of being read
  20. Bluebell Member

Ok the main text of flier, any changes needed?

Scientology does not pay rates

In Britain, the church operates as COSRECI - Church of Scientology Religious Educational College Inc, a not for profit organisation, which filed an income of £12,958,196 in 2008. (They have been known to claim they are an Australian charity, so as to get tax breaks, this is in fact FALSE, COSRECI is NOT a charity in Australia.) Despite its wealth, and the Charity Commission’s ruling that the church isn’t a charity for religious purposes, the City of London grants 80% relief for its “London Org” (i.e. HQ) on Queen Victoria Street, thus saving it a total of £1,306,363 in rates since the centre opened in 2006.

Westminster council gives 80% relief on its “London Celebrity Centre” in Leinster Gardens, saving it £165,303 over the past decade. Birmingham council gives 80% relief on the Scientology property at Winston Churchill House. Sunderland council gives a FULL 100% to the new £5m “Org” on Fawcett Street. Whether the church enjoys rates relief on the most famous Scientology property in Britain, its “stress test centre” on Tottenham Court Road, is a secret: Camden council refuses to say.
  21. sooleater Member

dont make a wall of text
    maybe you can make the button text transform into a small table?
    to make moar free space on the fyler
    for better reading
  22. RolandRB Member

As said before, they don't have a "new £5m “Org” on Fawcett Street".
  23. Anonxmous Member

I made about 15 minor tweaks, none are critical - tightening up the text in places - I think 'subsidy' works better than 'saving', etc. There's a handy site at [NOPARSE]http://www.quickdiff.com/index.php that lets you compare.[/NOPARSE]
  24. Bluebell Member

looking good?

scitaxrelief.jpg
  25. Anonymous Member

Westminster council: gives 80% relief on its “London Celebrity Centre” in Leinster Gardens
    Birmingham council: gives 80% relief on the Scientology property at Winston Churchill House.
    Sunderland council: gives 100% relief on “Org” on Fawcett Street
    Camden council: dont say how many % relief on “stress test centre” on Tottenham Court Road,

moar table style
  26. Bluebell Member

ok how about this?

In Britain, the church operates as COSRECI - Church of Scientology Religious Educational College Inc, a not for profit organisation, which filed an income of almost £13 million pounds in 2008. (They have claimed to be an Australian charity, to get tax breaks; this is FALSE - COSRECI is NOT a charity in Australia.) Despite its wealth, and the UK Charity Commission ruling that the church is not a charity for religious purposes.

City of London grants 80% relief for its “London Org” (i.e. HQ) on Queen Victoria Street, subsidising it by £1,306,363 since the centre opened in 2006.

Westminster council gives 80% relief on its “London Celebrity Centre” in Leinster Gardens; a subsidy of £165,303 over the past decade.

Birmingham council gives 80% relief on the Scientology property at Winston Churchill House.

Sunderland council gives a 100% relief to the “Org” on Fawcett Street.

Camden council refuse to say if the church receives rates relief on its “stress test centre” on Tottenham Court Road.

27. Sponge Member

[STRIKE]^The "new £5m "Org" on Fawcett St.

Incorrect.

51 Fawcett St is the Sunderland City Centre shop with the blue doors. Yes it gets the rates relief at Fawcett St. but the big new Idle Org you mention is actually the shitty old boarded-up ex-nursing home building in Gateshead. The cult refers to it as the Northumbria Ideal Org.[/STRIKE]

[edit: I suck. I was on page 1. I see you made the changes]
  28. Bluebell Member

Ok fixed up flier and sign or 2 and if people like I'll post the link for the PDF's

scitaxrelief.jpg

taxesf.jpg

taxes1.jpg

taxes2.jpg

[COLOR="White"] ... [/COLOR]
  29. Anonymous Member

$ciento£ogy

Nah.
  30. Anonxmous Member

$CIENTO£OGY