Customize

Christine Assange speaks: US wants revenge on Julian

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by The Wrong Guy, Nov 12, 2011.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

WikileaksUsa wikileaksusa
    #Wikileaks: Australia: Christine Assange speaks: US wants revenge on Julian goo.gl/fb/Sb7lt
    3 minutes ago

Christine Assange speaks: US wants revenge on Julian

"I started off on this journey saying WikiLeaks is great in theory but … I’m not going to support it publicly before I’ve read everything I can on it,” she told Green Left Weekly. “It was quite a journey for me.”

“I’m really just the average Mary Smith … Now I am horrified, both about the threat to Julian, and about the threat to global democracy, that I discovered from investigation and reading of my own.”

Her journey is taking her to Canberra on November 17, when US President Barack Obama is addressing the Australian parliament and meeting PM Julia Gillard. She will join anti-war protesters opposing the Australia-US alliance. She accused the Australian government of “arse-covering” for the US over WikiLeaks, and failing its obligations to an Australian citizen for the sake of the US alliance.

“In my opinion we have become nothing more than a franchise of the US and Julia Gillard has traded my son for her position as prime minister … I’m going right to where the buck stops, which is Canberra, and I’ll be talking to people about this case."

“The only way we can get protection for our citizens — because if they won’t protect Julian, they won’t protect anyone else — is to let them know, so I’m asking the people to make November 17, not ‘celebrate Obama day’ but ‘support Julian Assange day’.”

More: http://www.greenleft.org.au/node/49439
    • Like Like x 5