Customize

Childs & Tobin present another scorching report.

Discussion in 'Media' started by Jacky Blue Note, Nov 12, 2011.

1. I see they've made note of posting history around the 'net. Congratulations. You must be doing it right to get that kind of attention.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AnonLover Member

parking ITT waiting on the oh so awesome mongrel to post pic of frontpage fap fodder.
  3. PodPeople Member

Two words. Two words that every single scientologist left today would cringe, or melt, or implode if they heard it, or get sent to Thought Patrol police if they thought it. But what if they were just getting breakfast, or shopping, driving off and see some guy on the corner holding out a paper, with 3 inch tall, black bolded lettering:

2yphtmc.jpg

28sx5bn.jpg
    • Like Like x 8
  4. AnonLover Member

woohoo - thank you Pod!
  5. PodPeople Member

Then, three more Full Page reports, Page 14A, 15A, 16A.

Oh my oh my oh my: [my bold)

"MONDAY: Why did the church's 'Super Power' building stand oddly vacant for six years?

Plus: The statements Scientology made to the Internal Revenue Service about it's fundraising practices 20 years ago don't hold true today, former insiders say."

[so far, most of the other full pages are text from Part 1 and Part 2]
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Aurora Member

I missed this in the SP report. Could someone point a finger to it, pleez?
  7. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aurora Member

^^^^^ thx
  9. PodPeople Member

"INSIDE SCIENTOLOGY THE MONEY MACHINE" A Times Special Report Tobin & Childs
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 St Petersburg Times Page 12A

o77wh5.jpg

4ki6wm.jpg

2eeeptg.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TinyDancer Member

• Like Like x 4
  11. PodPeople Member

Sunday, November 20, 2011 St Petersburg Times Page 13A

6pcdhi.jpg

qr0sb6.jpg

juvn07.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  12. DeathHamster Member

Yes, but what their understanding is that it's time to push harder. After all 'members of the public want to be "bled of their money. . . . If they didn't, they would be staff members eligible for free training."'
    (Eligible is a weasel-word. It doesn't mean that staff members actually get any.)
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Sponge Member

• Like Like x 4
  14. PodPeople Member

Sunday, November 20, 2011 St Petersburg Times Page 14A

30cvqts.jpg

mueu1h.jpg

f1zcbk.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Sponge Member

When I see that I'm thinking of those recent Birmingham org email leaks, where there was clear evidence of interference with personal finances and a cavalier attitude towards debt and bankruptcy.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. PodPeople Member

Sunday, November 20, 2011 St Petersburg Times Page 15A

25tgc3q.jpg

2dsg2eg.jpg

33o5mrc.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  17. DeathHamster Member

Linked arms? That's a pepper-spraying!
    • Like Like x 1
  18. AnonLover Member

Oh PodPeople, you are truly a gem!!! I've been dieing to see how they were doing the page lay ups. (hugs!!!)

Might I be a PITA and ask for one more crispy newsprint image, focusing just on the journalist bios under "About the series" plox? TIA!!
    • Like Like x 1
  19. PodPeople Member

Wah la! Was just finished up, noticed it too.

5xrjih.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  20. telomere Member

NEVER ENOUGH

(of this stuff. thank you SPT for giving me a new addiction <3 )
    • Like Like x 2
  21. DeathHamster Member

I did like the reaction from the rondroids when I asked the name of the company that is supposed to be giving them annual audits. You'd think that would be a simple question to answer, right?
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

I think it's the same auditors that David Miscavige uses for spiritual renewal.
  23. PodPeople Member

The best and perhaps most brilliant part of this Series is what is Not there. It's fairly certain the lawyers earned some credit for this, but partial kudos have to go to Tobin and Childs.

Compassion. Concern. Charity. Comfort. Credibility. Contrition. Compassion. Take your pick.

&quot;Scientology is 'enjoying a period of tremendous expansion during an economic downturn,' all supported by parishioner donations, Pouw said.&quot;
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/church-of-scientology-responds-parishioners-donate-because-they/1202000

10wsdap.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

I picked Expansion.
    That's on the list, right???
  26. PodPeople Member

I found this odd. Karin Pouw might have slipped, or at least taken these lies to the very edge:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...onds-parishioners-donate-because-they/1202000 [my bold]

"Pouw said Knowledge Reports 'addressing only a parishioner's willingness to make donations would not be appropriate. [so is this admission that Knowledge Reports are written up on members who are not so willing to make donations?] However, in these instances it appears the authors of the Knowledge Reports noted other problems they believed should be addressed.'
    The church said that any parishioner can say "no" to a fundraiser without threat of 'internal justice action. It happens on a daily basis.'" [this Is a slip admitting fundraising rejections are happening daily]
    • Like Like x 4
  27. Anonymous Member

Should put picture of the LA sheriff poster asking for 401k's, next to this
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

This means a Knowledge Report addressing a parishioner's willingness to make donations is inappropriate if it doesn't address additional complaints.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. heatberd Member

Ask her what the purpose of a KR is, and what actions are taken on the "parishioner" to "handle" the issues. Need more foot bullets.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. NCSP Member

Lol, thanks. Like I said on ESMB, if I thought I was important enough for them to give a damn about I might be worried.
    • Like Like x 3
  31. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. Sponge Member

A Times Editorial
    IRS should review Scientology tax-exempt status
    In Print: Monday, November 21, 2011
    http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/editorials/article1202497.ece
    • Like Like x 8
  33. heatberd Member

The Supreme Court has held that an organization that violates a fundamental federal public policy is not charitable and is thus not eligible for tax exemption
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Sponge Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  35. This person is CEO and part owner of Pharmacyclics, a pharmaceutical development company. Their stock is publicly traded. It would probably not help the company's value if it were widely known that it's CEO donates so much money to Scientology.
    • Like Like x 3
  36. Anonymous Member

Dox?
  37. Sponge Member

St. Petersburg Times. Letters to the Editor
    Saturday letters: Look at Church of Scientology's powerful allies
    In Print: Saturday, November 19, 2011
    http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/let...hurch-of-scientologys-powerful-allies/1202450

Positive....
    Negative......
    Nothing in sunday or Monday Letters pages.
    There is of course the editorial which I posted earlier.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  39. Pharmacyclics Executive Management

Robert W. Duggan - CEO & Chairman of the Board of Directors

Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Pharmacyclics, Mr. Duggan has been a member of the Board of Directors since September 2007. He served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Computer Motion, Inc., a computerized surgical systems company, from 1990 to 2003 and Chief Executive Officer from 1997. Computer Motion was acquired by Intuitive Surgical, Inc. in 2003. Mr. Duggan is the Founder of the investment firm Robert W. Duggan & Associates. Mr. Duggan has been a private venture investor for more than 30 years and has participated as a director of, investor in and advisor to numerous small and large businesses in the medical equipment, computer local and wide area network, PC hardware and software distribution, digital encryption, consumer retail goods and outdoor media communication industries. Mr. Duggan has also assisted in corporate planning, capital formation and management for his various investments. He received the Congressman’s Medal of Merit and in 2000 he was named a Knight of the Legion of Honor by President Jacques Chirac. Mr. Duggan is currently also a director of Intuitive Surgical, Inc. He is a member of the University of California at Santa Barbara Foundation Board of Trustees.
    http://www.pharmacyclics.com/pharmacyclics_management.html
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 5