Customize

Childs & Tobin present another scorching report.

Discussion in 'Media' started by Jacky Blue Note, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Former Scientology insiders describe a world of closers, prospects, crushing quotas and coercion

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/article1201166.ece

Hy Levy lived in terror of what would happen if he didn't make his number, a weekly sales target of $200,000. The money was due every Thursday by 2 p.m.

No excuses.

Often when he failed, his bosses exiled him to the kitchen to scrub pots. Sometimes they made him eat only beans and rice for a week. They publicly humiliated him, calling him a loser, a saboteur. They got in his face, screaming, swearing. You soulless bastard!

He said they used profanity a lot where he worked: the Church of Scientology.

EDIT: OP Updates:

Part 2 of series:
    http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/reports/project/

Media Coverage of part 1 and 2:
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...s-investigative-series-on-scientology/1201476
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/11/scientology_the_1.php
    New Investigation Into Scientology Offers Scathing Details – Technorati
    Former members: Church of Scientology has voracious cash appetite – DigitalJournal.com

Part 3 of series:

SCIENTOLOGY: Parishioners 'enthusiastic' – Tampabay.com
    Sat, Nov 19, 2011 — Feed: Google News
    Scientology amped up donation requests to 'save the Earth' starting in 2001 ... – Tampabay.com
    IRS should review Scientology tax-exempt status – Tampabay.com

Scientology Milks Seattle Couple for $1.5M, Punishes Them Later for Not Giving Enough – Seattle Weekly (blog)

PART 4:
    Scientology's 'Super Power' Building: Cash Cow for the Church – Village Voice
    The OC Couple Who Gave More than $1.3 Million to the Church of Scientology--Only to Leave – OC Weekly
    • Like Like x 17
  2. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Triumph Member

Truth Rundown Part deux

this will do what the truth rundown did to the cult..only this time hit them where it hurts ..in their over stuffed wallet...

greedy lying Pricks

hell yea!

comments filled with JeffSmado and his merry band of trolling sock monkeys
    its almost like they knew the cult was going to get kicked in the teeth again....

oh wait they did know ...they were briefed...

retards stomping out fires with shoes made of match sticks...
    smokeyg.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  4. AnonLover Member

hot diggity!
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Anonymous Member

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...s-investigative-series-on-scientology/1201476

6. The Wrong Guy Member

Former Scientology insiders describe a world of closers, prospects, crushing quotas and coercion

By Joe Childs and Thomas C. Tobin, Times Staff Writers

In Print: Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hy Levy lived in terror of what would happen if he didn't make his number, a weekly sales target of $200,000. The money was due every Thursday by 2 p.m.

No excuses.

Often when he failed, his bosses exiled him to the kitchen to scrub pots. Sometimes they made him eat only beans and rice for a week. They publicly humiliated him, calling him a loser, a saboteur. They got in his face, screaming, swearing. You soulless bastard!

He said they used profanity a lot where he worked: the Church of Scientology.

For 16 years Levy was a "registrar" selling Scientology counseling and training services at the church's worldwide spiritual headquarters in Clearwater. He toiled morning to night, part of a team driven by fear and religious conviction to bring the church millions of dollars each week by "closing" people — church terminology.

More: http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/article1201166.ece
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 3
  8. Krautfag Member

wow, the scilon squad is out in full force on the comments and they are angry!

baww-1.png
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 6
  9. AnonLover Member

So it appears this was all rolled into the existing "Inside Scientology ..." 2009 project index where "The Truth Rundown" series was/is hosted:

I sure do like the sound of "INSIDE SCIENTOLOGY - The Money Machine" as a new "followup report" series - hella lots they can do with that! <3 <3 <3
    The Money Machine
    • Like Like x 3
  10. another123 Member

Also, the URL shortcut: truthrundown.shows.it still works, too.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Anonymous Member

Is this the big news Tony Ortega of the Village Voice was talking about for this coming week?
    Or is there more caek on the way?
  12. DeathHamster Member

And we just know there's going to be article about this in the Village Voice. Win after Win...
    • Like Like x 1
  13. AnonLover Member

methinks so yes. and props to him for having the 5-0 411 it was coming ahead of time!

FWIW - I've also seen marty's take flit by on twitter, but I'm still working my thru SPTimes material and aint got that far yet. But Hy first came out on marty's blog, some i'm sure whatev he blog'd gots some spin on it.
  14. Anonymous Member

Nice!
  15. Mark Cabian Member

Fantastic stuff!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. DeathHamster Member

I was looking up refs to Big League Sales and Closing Techniques, the book Hubbard based CoS's sales tech on, and I came across some nice Hubbard quotes in a 1985 news article:
    Does anyone know what Hubbard source they're quoting from, especially about phone taps and listening devices? (Probably something that surfaced during the Julie Titchbourne case.)
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Nothing we didn't know, but very powerful from a first-person account. I'm glad more and more ex's are willing to tell their stories publicly.
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Anonymous Member

Is Hy Levy an "ex"?
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

Agreed. This was an outstanding article. Very powerful. It's also an excellent introduction for newcomers to the cause.

I can hear it now: "Now remember - make sure you don't read the newspaper tomorrow!"
    • Like Like x 1
  20. AnonLover Member

Man oh day - Hy Levy serves up a tasty appetizer in the main piece, but Brian Culkin (FTW!) serves up a full course meal in the second piece afterwards. Good on him! And they both make great follow-up timeline-wise, for bringing the next chapter much more current yet still building stories of those who spoke out in the truth rundown segments.

(drooling)
    • Like Like x 1
  21. AnonLover Member

also LOL at this opener for the third segment...
    ^^No wonder Pouw wont call TonyO bak - bitch has been extremely busy.
  22. RightOn Member

the end of the vid drove me to tears
    seeing him well up when he was reliving that moment that he realized he was free really moved me
    This is why
    • Like Like x 4
  23. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 2
  24. RightOn Member

kudos to both for speaking out!
    such great coverage

5:33 Brian Caulkin.... that is one sweet body ;)
  25. RightOn Member

"$59 million is tax exempt"

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggeeeeeeeee
  26. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

Conned out of over $300,000 and he was/is still a fan of Scientology as a philosophy.
  28. greebly Member

OOOh a thread about $$$$?

Hello:)
    • Like Like x 1
  29. AnonLover Member

Also - dont miss the 3rd & 4th vid with more Hy Levy installments now showing on the main project index as well.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. RightOn Member

To any publics or staff who are still in that may read this...
    You know what Hy said is true and some of you may have experienced the same.
    Its time to leave and be free. Please ask yourself... if what you are doing is helping people or saving the planet in any way?
    You had good intentions going in and wanting to help people is avery admirable, but you must have doubts by now welling up inside you and please know your doubts are valid. Are your intentions you had when you signed up the same as they are now? Or are they directed towards only making money and the fear of not reaching your weekly quota? How can reaching a weekly quota be about helping others and saving the planet?

Look beyond Scientology's doors and look and listen to the data that is out there for you waiting to be discovered.
    It is not entheta, it is the answer to all of your doubts.
    • Like Like x 9

31. I hope all of the current Scientologists wake up soon.............
    • Like Like x 2
  32. RightOn Member

I love this video, but I don't care for the ending , it's too cartoony for the feeling you get when you are listening to these personal accounts. Especially the music twang and the fart at the very end. Kinda makes it sound like these people were kidding.
    I think this great video needs a nice ending. A hear felt ending. Not something cheap.

Jeebus! I am all sappy tonight. It all started with Hy's video.
    Time for bed.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Ann O'Nymous Member

34. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  35. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 3
  36. Anonymous Member

I believe the entire video is cribbed from a scientology (narconon perhaps) production with anti-scientology captions added to make it appear the people have left the cult. Actually what they left was a druggie lifestyle. None of the reworked video is meant to be serious.
  37. Anonymous Member

sorry ^^ post referring to this video
  38. AnonLover Member

Indie, as is Brian Culkin according to the Marty plug for this initial "Part 1" unveiling (note indication on main index saying there's more to come after tonight's Sunday paper installment, for Monday!)

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/11/13/the-scientology-money-machine/
    • Like Like x 1