Customize

Chicago Scientology protest for December 2013

Discussion in 'Planning' started by Strong Strength, Nov 16, 2013.

1. lklb9.jpg

Welcome! This is the place to be for organizing the demonstration against Scientology abuses in Chicago. Please use this thread for anything related to the event: planning, questions, shooting the breeze, whatever.

Bring along: a cool head, weather-appropriate gear, comfortable footwear, and possibly a mask or disguise if you roll that way. Extra stuff like cameras or munchies are always welcome too. We have plenty of signs we can lend you, or you can feel free to bring your own. We also have fliers to hand out, although there isn't a ton of foot traffic in the area.

Stuff to avoid: accidentally clogging the sidewalk, using amplified sound at louder than conversational volume, going on Scientology property (including the little walkways from the doorway exits).

Other notes: Masks or other disguises are legal to wear if you wish. We'll have relevant legal docs on hand, and we're on good terms with the police. Be aware that you may be photographed and/or videoed by the cult at some point.

Date and time to be determined. Make sure to read all the posts in the thread and check back for updates.

Hope to see you there!
    • Like Like x 9
  2. [edit: nevermind this and the following few posts, something got goofed with the merging/splitting of threads]
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

The link to December isn't working.
  4. Anonymous Member

5. Anonymous Member

Link was for the December planning thread. Since you are in the December planning thread there didn't seem to be a need for a link to it.
  6. If any of the mod/admin crew drop by, can I get word on why this thread was moved out of the main Planning area? Other AvS cities like Dublin also post there.

A couple years ago, after the big forum reorganization, there were some redundant/overlapping forums. Subsequently there was also a little confusion about e.g. where the postgames are supposed to be going (main page Follow Up or deep in the AvS section)? I asked for clarification but never got a response.

I prefer having my stuff on the main Planning and Follow Up, as it isn't buried several subforums deep. Plus it helps if those sections aren't totally overrun by moonbattery.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Anonymous Member

Sorry, moved to the wrong planing section. Fixed :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

So are we ready to talk December raid in Chicago?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DeathHamster Member

Avoid straight cotton. It loses its warmth when it gets wet. Wool, synthetic or a blend.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

Thanks, I think we're past straight cotton season in Chicago.
  11. ezsyk.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

You have the cutest photos!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

So --- date, time, munchies? Where's all that important info?
  14. Hi... interested in joining you in a protest in Chicago.. I'm in Cincinnati but Chicago isn't far... joined a few in Boston when I lived there... love your videos on YouTube as well...
  15. Anonymous Member

I'll do a protest in Cincy with you if interested.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. So I think we're leaning towards Saturday the 14th for this one. Not set in stone yet, though. Check back later for more details.
  17. 14th or bust! At least for me.

It's gonna be cold! We're gonna be all dressed up like,

tdL6IIe.gif
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Anonymous Member

What's the Anon scene like in Nati-CVG? I don't live there anymore, but I visit all the time. I'd love to protest.
  19. DeathHamster Member

The Snuggies are a cult.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. I was planning to drive up and join you for the protest on Saturday, but I hit a deer and fucked up my car. Because the Midwest. Next time, hopefully.

ETA: stay safe and warm!
  21. Anonymous Member

Not much action since the new org opened up, but if you're going to be in the area let me know. I'll have a mod hook us up.
  22. Anonymous Member

Will do, kangaroo!
  23. Anonymous Member

Contact one of the mods and they can put us in touch!
  24. Anonymous Member

Done and done!
  25. It's looking like this one might get postponed past the 14th of the month. Stay tuned.
  26. Anon Guy Member

I would be interested in this, update me time place etc.
  27. Unfortunately, you won't be able to make it unless you get a DeLorean up to 88 mph, i.e. travel back in time - this event already finished. But before too long, someone will make another planning thread for Chicago, so check back!
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Anon Guy Member

Ok, I live in the middle of Indiana so it will be a good drive!
    • Like Like x 2