Customize

Chicago POSTGAME - September 11th, 2010

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Strong Strength, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Chicago POSTGAME - September 11th, 2010

It was a great day filled with quite a bit of drama.

The rainclouds started to clear out right as we were getting started. As people were showing up, we hung out at the big intersection and earned a bunch of car honks and a couple of one-finger salutes. There was also a pretty bad performance of the Macarena.

4981224499_c8600f6a1f_z.jpg

4983508903_5a101891d5_z.jpg

4984109170_d568b27fa7_z.jpg

A little ways into the event, a couple people went to demonstrate in front of the Scientology building. For those who aren't aware, there has long been a lot of squabbling in Chicago regarding where demonstrators are allowed to be. A Chicago law exists which prevents demonstrations within 150 feet of a place of worship, and our Scientologists are fond of claiming that they hold religious services continually, from morning until night, every day. They use this combination of religious cloaking and what seems to me to be a ridiculous interpretation of the law to prevent protests at their building.

A police officer arrived and could see that demonstrators were obviously peaceful and not blocking access to the building, and he didn't buy into the Scientology plan of having a full-day ban on free speech outside their building. So the Scientologists went above his head and called a police sergeant - same result. Up the chain they went to a police supervisor - same result again.

Having gotten the OK to protest peacefully by the police higher-ups, the others moved in front of the Scientology building.

4983515177_53bc91efd3_z.jpg

We were surprised to see IAS staff at their building that day - I guess they were having an event. None of the Scientologists felt able to have an actual conversation with us, but we managed to talk a little to a few of them, and an evil SP managed to make iPod Girl smile.

Guess what - the police calls hadn't stopped yet. Later in the day, some new and different officers showed up asking things like if we had a permit (wtf?) and then the 150-foot issue was rekindled. This debate went on for a looong time, as a different supervisor was called in, and the Scientologists got in his ear about how they were having religious services. He called someone about the issue and, surprisingly, reversed the decision of the officers and supervisor earlier in the day. We were told that we had to go back to being 150 feet away while their "religious services" were being conducted (which just so happen to be all day err day).

4984115650_6f34d24b45_z.jpg

Irony.

Anyway, by that time all that had played out, we were ready to pack up and get going anyway. All in all, I had a lot of fun, A+++ would protest again.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Chicago POSTGAME - September 11th, 2010

Nice one.
  3. never Member

Good jorb Chifags.

Where can KC get a ripped, shirtless anon? We'd like one of those. Chicks in bikinis will work as well.
  4. 3rdMan Member

Oh my god you ain't kidding. I wish you guys had reporters present to point this out to.
  5. ThetanBait Member

Awesome raid - nice meeting all of you.

But yeah, no more macarena please.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whf6cKXwJuU[/ame]
  6. 3rdMan Member

...Chifags you have some explaining to do. :confused:
  7. fathertony Member

Video Dox or it didnt happen!!!!!
  8. Adanon Member

The org was more active than usual with staff and assorted IAS and Sea Org on hand sharpening their clamshells for the anticipated regging frenzy scheduled to occur later in the evening. Even the two or three NoI members that turned up hoping to get some "secular dianetics counseling" seemed to be in the way.

Anonymous also seemed to be in their way. As to be expected, these "ferocious beings" Baaaawwwwwed to the Chicago Police continuously, insisting on seeing supervisor after supervisor right up to the watch commander so that one by one upon their arrival, each can be dogpiled for hours on end with Tone 40 demands that this crowd of [STRIKE]peaceful protestors[/STRIKE] jokers and degraders be arrested without delay.

No U > Command Intention.

Just another day of fail down at the org.

A few moar pics....

4984787240_c186fe4397_b.jpg

4984187225_328a51bc9e_b.jpg

4984186251_c8958039c0_b.jpg

4984183243_929b5e395b_b.jpg

4984783032_60bed23e15_b.jpg

4984784114_a9bd93c017_b.jpg

4984781782_aa39459ca7_b.jpg

4984784400_b2201d1959_b.jpg

Awesome work Anon!

Awesome work CPD!

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Red"]LOL U Mad![/COLOR][/SIZE]
    4984784690_e6023d0c99_b.jpg

Some more photos can be found here....
    11 Sept, 2010 - a set on Flickr
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Darth Xander Member

Fantastic pics as always Adanon. Thanks for documenting.
  10. Re: Chicago POSTGAME - September 11th, 2010

Oh shit! Domenic is goose-stepping!

tl;dr =

4984787786_5167777e9a_z.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  11. conatus Member

Nice summary, good raid - great signs!
  12. ryangiggs Member

The best Japanese praise I can muster for you guys is, "Right-On! Futon!"
  13. moarxenu Member

Those are the best new signs I have seen in Anon. Scientology destroys families and Don't get played by Scientology are totally awesome.

When do we get to see post-raid vids?
  14. sooleater Member

yummi
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Little_Sister Member

I see ThetanBait is still shaving his chest. How very gay of him.
  16. BigBeard Member

Sounds like local politicians may need to be contacted for some clarification to this law as to what, exactly, constitutes "religious services." I'll lay odds the intent wasn't for this law be be abused the way $cilons are doing.

BigBeard
  17. Dra Member

A couple pics I got of iPod girl taking pics and us taking pics of her...

disastergirlpicture1.th.jpg

disastergirlpicture2.th.jpg

Awesome raid!
  18. Anonymous Member

Is there a Chicago Anon prepared to be the sacrificial penguin and negotiate an arrest with the cops?

Forcing this up to DA level would be very effective in getting a ruling.

Worst that can happen (I imagine) is a fine if a court finds you guilty, and a bundle of hours of hassle.

Arrange for a photographer from local media to be present that day to capture the event, and bonus internets will be awarded.

The key is to keep it under your control and initiative, work WITH the cops to make it happen - after all, it makes their lives a shitload easier for them also if they get a ruling that means they don't need to attend. Make sure any press will make it clear that the cops are just doing their job, and the cult is the problem.
  19. becker Member

Too late. In Berlin (and Sovjet-Russia), Scientology handlers macarenas with Anons (and U):

[IMG]
  20. Bipolart Member

Yes, I can see that young man needs my immediate assistance of the physical type.
  21. Anonymous Member

Actually, does anyone have a digital copy of that poster (or similar) ? Could be lulzy to print out and carry around at raids.
  22. moarxenu Member

Touch assist?
  23. xenubarb Member

Inorite...chocolate brother is awesnome!
  24. Rockyj Member

Indeed! Oh...by the way great raid!
  25. Bipolart Member

oh hell yeah
  26. Anonymous Member

LOL! Tiny Fists will be pissed!

All those hours in his private little slave-built gym and he'll never in a billion years look that delicious. Moar Ripped Anon please!
  27. 9376 Member

iPod girl is awesome. Really nice girl. I hope she goes freezone.
  28. Ogsonofgroo Member

Beauty raid Chicaganons! Great pics, pecs, and reportage! *caeks and internets to All!*
  29. Paladin Member

I had a great time at my first protest. I enjoyed meeting the other Anons. It was fun when people stopped to talk. I hope to get better at answering their questions. I look forward to going to the October protest.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. SOJOA Member

Love this picture.

Can someone explain the M&M pic....Im confused.

Is it just cause you require choclate to fuel the flames or does that mean something that went totally over my head?
  31. Re: Chicago POSTGAME - September 11th, 2010

Thank you guys for the interest and suggestions about the legal situation! We'll consider our options.

I have some footage I'm going to mash together, but I'm lazy, so it'll be a while before I finish editing - probably several days at least.

Hmm, I thought you were doing great in talking with people. And I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, because we enjoyed having you along.

Ha, you got it, pretty much. There's no inside joke behind that picture; it was just taken for fun during a time when people were "powering up" with goodies.
  32. Smurf Member

Damn. Dom is as hot as he was a decade ago when he dealt with some of my back issues. He'd be 57-58 years old today.

Sorry, ChicagoAnons.. Dom may come across as an obnoxious ass at your protests, but he really is a nice guy when he's not being a tool for the cult. And he's an excellent chiro.

His wife, Becca, is someone you have to watch out for.

Opening a Church of Scientology Mission
  33. 9376 Member

He didn't seem like a horrible guy, I didn't hear what he was telling the police about us though. I introduced myself, he told me I have a nice number. He didn't seem so bad, either.
  34. metgyre Member

again, upset i couldn't make it down. Hopefully kevin freeman got my message to you guys. as for the "get arrested to prove law is dumb type thing" maybe i'll do it next time i can make it down. It would add insult to injury if it is someone from out of state, i would imagine.
  35. Anonymous Member

seems like chicago has been getting more and more new members lately...
  36. Anonymous Member

Batman - D A Y W A T C H - in the hizzo?
  37. Anonymous Member

Who did what in the where now?
  38. Smurf Member

The cult aways has it days where there are an influx of new people coming in, but most of them don't stick around more than a year once they get a taste of what cult life is really all about.
  39. Anonymous Member

^ lol DWfanboialert

Hizzo = ho
    Hizzle = location/home

Lrn2urban
  40. Anonymous Member

I thought that comment meant Chicago ANON is getting stronger?