Customize

Chicago - July 10th, 2010 - Planning

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Anonymous, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Chicago - July 10th, 2010 - Planning

A couple of the details for this one are still up in the air. Keep track of this thread for updates.

Date: July 10th. As is now standard in Chicago, we have our bigger, monthly demonstration on the 2nd Saturday of the month.

Location: TBD? Millennium? Usually we do the monthly at the edge of Millennium Park, at the corner of Michigan Ave. and Madison St. This isn't set it stone, though, so we'll have to see what the group consensus is.

If you prefer to have it someplace else (e.g. the org), I recommend you start arguing loud and soon so we aren't waiting until the last second to have a big debate. In the case of nobody feeling strongly one way or the other, I suspect we'll end up defaulting to the park.

Time: TBD? Noon? Change it up to a later start? Someone floated the idea of trying a different time of the day, just to mix it up and possibly to avoid the hottest part of the day. I don't know how much later in the day was proposed; maybe 4-7 or so? The group has typically been doing roughly 12-3 in the past.

If you have opinions or preferences on what you'd like the group as a whole to do, please share them. Cast your vote on both the location and time questions. Of course, you are also welcome to do whatever you want regardless of what other people in the group are doing.
  2. Re: Chicago - July 10th, 2010 - Planning

One moderately-strong preference for having it at the park.
    One slight preference for starting at noon like usual.

I'm flexible on that Saturday, though, and I can do whatever the group decides on.

Also, we are gonna be like,

2b1emp.gif
  3. 9376 Member

Re: Chicago - July 10th, 2010 - Planning

Strong preference for park.
    Strong preference for regular time.
    AND YOU WILL LISTEN.
    BECAUSE THIS IS MY ANONIVERSARY.

Also I wrote a song that will get me (personally, because I am a whore for it) an obscene amount of attention.
  4. Anonymous Member

Alright, spill the beans, what's this song thing about? Can you share details, or must it remain a mystery?
  5. CBAnon Member

Chelsea Dagger?
  6. Anonymous Member

Holy crap, I never knew 9376 wrote famous songs!
  7. CBAnon Member

You didn't know he whores himself out as a songwriter?
  8. anonsono Member

hey if that's whats goin down i'll bring my guitar. Note: i can not sing but if you want me to play something for ya i'm your guy

Edit: Scratch that. not sure if i want to lug my guitar around downtown chicago. That city is stressful enough
  9. 9376 Member

Baha, it's an artistic re-imagining of a song made for internet use. Didn't really write it, more unwrote it. Also I can't sing. But it's still happening.

Also, anyone photeotaping this raid? I wanna try some video editing.
  10. Anonymous Member

(Chit-chat post)
    Anyone been to the Taste of Chicago? I've been twice, and it looks like they're checking bags and backpacks, probably because of the guns and knives people tried to sneak in last year. However, they must be unconsciously profiling people, because both times, the backpack-checker has looked really disinterested in actually searching my stuff, presumably because I look like a geeky, nonthreatening, white person.

It was kinda odd - I'd have felt safer had they actually done a thorough search, knowing that they weren't just skimping over certain people.

Fun stuff there, though. Try the italian ice for 4 tickets. On a hot day, feels good man.
  11. 9376 Member

I went for DJ Rob Bass, Slick Rick, Doug E. Fresh, and Salt n Pepa. Next I'm going for is the 4th for Passion Pit.
    I do my best to avoid the main strip of vendors; every year it seems to get smaller and more crowded.
  12. Re: Chicago - July 10th, 2010 - Planning

CAN I GET A WITNESS?!

Probably will be, but I'm too lazy to want to give my stuff to someone else, sooo I won't be any help here.

Also, guess who finally realized out their (borrowed) camera can record video higher than a crappy 320x240 resolution? Ha.
  13. 9376 Member

HOLY SHIT I FORGOT DOUG E. FRESH IS A SCILON
  14. Anonymous Member

Son, I am disappoint.
  15. Slik Member

I'm flexible on Saturday though later in the day would be nice avoiding the heat and other possible problems. Location is fine I like Millennium Park and it's a very good place to have a protest Count me in!
  16. Re: Chicago - July 10th, 2010 - Planning

You shoulda made a makeshift Xenu sign for him with some scavenged cardboard and stained it with lines of pizza sauce to form the letters, haha.

Hi, Slik, good to have you on board. We'll see if anyone else chimes in with a time preference in the next few days or so. As far as location, it looks like Millennium Park is pretty much a sure thing, as the voting has gone 3-0 so far.

BTW, the org says hi, guys:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yoJYV-YAxE]YouTube - Chicago Org miniraid, June 26th, 2010[/ame]
  17. 9376 Member

>Free the porpoises. Like the seals.

>porposes = seals

What?
  18. metgyre Member

i lold. also: wont be there next week. really sucks. i miss you guys soooooo fucking much. be sure to get a crap ton of hugs in my name. someone should put my face on a stick so i can be there in spirit, too. lol.
  19. Re: Chicago - July 10th, 2010 - Planning

Well, that sucks. Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. The Metgyre-face-on-a-stick replacement plan is a go. (Check out the postgame thread we'll make for this month if you think I'm pulling your leg!)
  20. Re: Chicago - July 10th, 2010 - Planning

Well, we're inside of a week to go now, so I feel like we should be finalizing some details. Millennium Park seems to be the choice as far as location goes. The time choice seems more iffy, and the input right now is:

1 slight preference for noon
    1 strong preference for noon
    1 preference for later
    1 person who presumably prefers later, as s/he came up with the suggestion

Given the lack of a strong sway one way or the other, I personally believe we should probably just do our usual stuff of Millennium at noon. I don't feel like we have enough of a push in another direction to overcome our group "inertia" of doing the usual. There will definitely be a couple people who would've preferred another time, but that couldn't have been avoided regardless of what we do. I believe those who wanted to go later in the day are flexible and wouldn't be devastated.

I'm also a little concerned that if we change our time from the usual, there's a chance we may end up with a couple people who aren't lurking, miss the message, and show up around noon out of habit, only to wonder where everyone is. Technically, that would be their own fault, but I still would feel bad, haha.

That's my 2 cents, but I'm not the boss, so share what you think. Otherwise, I'll post some finalized details for a "Millennium Park at noon" plan in a couple days for any prospective new people.
  21. anonsono Member

Sup duderz? i been lurkin :D
    I'm glad were starting at the same time same place. It works for me nicely.
    Ill be there and maybe a couple more newfags. We'll see if our schedules mach up. Hope so.
    So the 9th is my b-day! :eek: theres always all sorts of shit goin on around my b-day. Loves it.
    see everyone there!
  22. Re: Chicago - July 10th, 2010 - Planning

Awright, so since most everyone else appears to be lurking or busy, here's the plan as far as I know it:

Time: Roughly noon to 3 is usually what the majority of the group has been doing for a while now. More specifically, people usually start popping up between noon and 1, and then we go until we collectively run out of gas, which tends to be around 3.

Location: Millennium Park in downtown Chicago, at the western edge of the park itself, at the intersection of Michigan Ave. and Madison St.

rlgfa0.png

Millennium Park rules:
    - Keep walkways clear and not clogged up with people
    - No amplified sound
    - Don't use chalk on the walkways
    - Pick up everything when we're done; don't leave discarded trash or signs behind

[size=+1]Bring a drink[/size] and be sure to take short rests so you don't keel over from heat exhaustion. Sunblock is also recommended so you don't get torched and/or die of skin cancer.

If you're new and have questions, let 'em fly.
    Have fun!

2672803989_f4c8112fd5.jpg
  23. 9376 Member

STRONG STRENGTH GO TO BED ITS 12:30
  24. Re: Chicago - July 10th, 2010 - Planning

9376, WAKE UP, IT'S 7:30

It's supposed to be beautiful this weekend. (Jinx!) Also, I got the secret ingredients to make the good cupcakes again for this month.

...Hey, I'm excited, okay? :(
  25. 9376 Member

inb4 we get too lazy to protest because of secret cupcake ingredients.
  26. anonsono Member

So my plans just got pwned. I wont be able to make it this time. sucks ill miss cupckaes :D Ill c yall at the next one tho!