Customize

Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Go Chicago Anonymous, May 3, 2009.

1. Belladonna Member

Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

A Red Orchid Theater, via Twitter

A Red Orchid Theatre (aredorchid) on Twitter
  2. MrAnonV Member

3. xerobebop Member

UGGGGGGGH I SO DONT WANNA MISS THIS... :(

Sry chicago. This is the only raid I've missed since I met you guys, though.
  4. _You_ Member

Tomorrow...

2zp6rkh.jpg

(That's Rudolph at the bottom-center.)
  5. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

noooooo waaaaiiiiiiI!11!!11one!1!eleven!one11! Is that for the annon's that show up? If your bringin cupcakes ill buy a box of cookies from dominick's and bring it along to provide some sugar for the annon's that show up as well.
  6. Horatio Member

I've bought cookies from Dominick's, they were hard and stale.

Oh also I lost my wallet, I'll try to get as much money together for the show. By hook or crook I'll go to it.

Edit: Also, I lost my wallet outside the new org. Did their money vacuum take it?
  7. CBAnon Member

Hope you didn't have an ID in it. If they got it, you're boned.
  8. Horatio Member

I wasn't doing anything outside there, I just happened to be walking by. So even if they did steal it, which is doubtful, they couldn't connect me to anonymous. But you're probably just joking so I'll shut up.
  9. _You_ Member

As long as you don't make any posts about this on a forum that they monitor regularly, you should be fine.

Oh wait....
  10. CBAnon Member

Damn scilon pickpockets...
  11. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

great job everyone, it was fun hangin out with ya'll
  12. CBAnon Member

Thanks for showin up.
  13. Meatwad Member

StrongStrength?
  14. Horatio Member

We'll be doing a mini raid on the 19th. Plan for it.
  15. Body Member

I think Chifags have somehow deterred from the moralfags vs. lulzfags. Now it's just dancefags vs. lazyfags.
  16. Horatio Member

1258273486670.jpg

Ya, even in the short time I've been there, we've had a few in-fights, mainly the one between Meatwad and Kevin Freeman. It's calmed down now, but it's always there, waiting to surface.
  17. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

uhmm can i be a dancing/somewhat lazy/moral/little bit lulz - fag? oh, and idk if this one exists but flipfag? i flips a lot...and i dont even ask for a biscuit or a cookie, or money or nuthins
  18. Body Member

Less talking, more flipping.
  19. xerobebop Member

stfu and flip, bitch.

I'll catch you guys at the 19th. P-R-O-M-I-S-E.
  20. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

For the record, the reason I haven't been using the new local board is because the person who set it up has, in the past, misused admin powers during a drama fest to partially out someone's personal information.

Yes, everyone should probably be using proxies anyway, and the argument between the involved parties has since blown over, but that's not really the point. The point is that I don't think trying to dox other anons is acceptable behavior, and if that sort of thing can happen if the admin's feelings get too hurt, then I'm probably not going to want to use such a site.

If that makes me a horrible person, then okay. But given the fact that that sort of behavior is generally considered to be one of the lowest possible acts in Chanology and tends to get zero tolerance in most places, like here, I don't think I'm being all that unreasonable about it.

It's not an issue of my not wanting to be cooperative. I'm still here; I'm still willing to work alongside anyone, either in person or online, to the best of my ability. I got along fine with everyone on the old CSN board and can get along fine with everyone here too, even if our personalities are different.

And it doesn't have anything to do with any personal drama. I don't care if you want to flame me; go right ahead. I haven't actually seen any of that, and I'm not entirely sure why someone would want to do it anyway, but whatever, go for it -- I generally fail at life, so it's not like you don't have a lot of material to work with!
  21. Horatio Member

We actually have a thread about you on the new forum, just talking about how we miss you, ah well, I'm on the new forum because it's a good place to get information and talk to people I consider my friends, WWP is good for information, but it's too big for me to really talk to anyone.
  22. MrAnonV Member

see what fun you've missed though strongstrength lol

IMG_1937.jpg
  23. Body Member

I thought it was just an empty threat. I don't know, I tend to ignore drama like a horse with blinders on. References to it in this thread are bad, imo. Since it's gone, we shouldn't keep mentioning it.

/endreferences
  24. RUNit Member

Serious. I'm down for the road trip. I'm like biting at the bit to get out there. Next available within 500 miles will be my first :) I think we need to get to Milwaukee too!
  25. MrAnonV Member

u can always drive to kenosha, then ride the metra in for only $5 both ways. Talk to Metgyre about that.
  26. Body Member

We've been trying to do Milwaukee for a while now. Only one person from Milwaukee shows up, the rest are a small handful of chifags. Metgyre wants to quit trying up there, but maybe you'll cheer him into keeping it running.

Chifag site: Chicago Anonymous :: Index
  27. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

When and where? Across the street from Millennium or something? I don't think I can make this, but in the case that I can, I'd like to know more so I can keep it in mind.

I know, I miss you guys. :<

Oh, of course the OMG INTERNETZ ASSAULT stuff was an empty threat. What I was more concerned about was the outing of a user's IP address, plus whatever else. It doesn't show in the screenshot, but you can obviously tell it was there from the context.

I wasn't trying to pick at a scab or anything. God knows there are tons of dramatic things I could be bagging on if I wanted to go that route. It's just that people have asked and it sort of came up in the thread. I won't be dwelling on it here or anything.

Look, it's no skin off my nose if people want to trash the hell out of each other online or insist on doing stupid things that put themselves at van risk. But there is a line in attacking another anons with real-life repercussions, and Meatwad crossed it when trying to out part of someone's personal info. Do you think that's acceptable behavior?

You have to remember, there is a post by him in this very thread complaining about how his phone number has fallen into the hands of people he didn't intend. So clearly, he doesn't think that sort of thing is very cool when he's on the receiving end. I don't think having him promise merely that he won't do the same to others is asking too much. Then we could bury this thing for good.
  28. Horatio Member

Millenium Park at 12:00, the usual, originally we were going to shoot our video then, but we decided not too then we found out about Arnie Lerma so we invited him.
  29. Body Member

Are we going to need signs then? If Meatwad/Baas and SS aren't going to make it?
  30. Horatio Member

Ya, I have some signs, so does MrAnonV and Arnie will have signs.
  31. MrAnonV Member

only one prob, i can't go. I spent the last of my money on gifts. so sry:(
  32. xerobebop Member

Everyone can find five bucks for a raid, AnonV.

Also, StrongStrength, so long as we don't LOSE you over something like that... I respect your decision. You're too badass to drop out, though. WWP is fine, too.
  33. MrAnonV Member

it's not just the $5 for the train, it's also the beer money for the postgame lol. plus i really am out of money, even when i get paid friday cus i still owe money
  34. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Guess who can make Saturday? 2ymukab.gif

If you think it'll work well, I'll try to cover a lot of the fliering and talking to people, and I'll probably bring a costume to help with that if the weather doesn't make it impractical.

I'll bring music in case anyone wants to go to the opposite corner for that sort of thing. I really wanna dance like crazy. Or at least bust a move periodically. It's just so much more fun for me and great for morale when I see you guys doing that. If everyone would rather stay at Millennium proper, that's okay with me too and I won't rock the boat by trying to bend the rules there. But I do want to bring the mini-speakers for the corner just as a reserve idea.

One last thing - you guys have been going bonkers with activity, in a good kind of way. If anyone wants, I can hook you up with a couple of signs for you to keep so you can use them for the times when you're doing stuff and the people who usually lug signs won't be there. I just don't want all the &quot;sign eggs&quot; to be in one basket and have people feel like their hands are tied in not having protest materials. If anyone is interested, just let me know.

Ha, nope, unfortunately, you guys are stuck with me come hell or high water. vzwydi.gif

I'll send you-know-who a PM in a day or two when I get time and find out if we're in agreement on that site moving forward regarding an agreement against outing people's info.
  35. Bob Loblaw Member

I was in Chicago last week and wasn't able to make it to your last protest.

That noted, it'll be a goal of mine this coming year to come out and support a city that I truly love!

Chicagoland is a great place -- and deserves something better than Scientology!
  36. Body Member

Can I have a SS style badass Religion is Free Scientology isn't / is Neither sign? :D

And cool beans Loblaw. Hope to see you.
  37. xerobebop Member

I've got postgame moneys. I just dunno if we will have a postgame place.
  38. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

everyone can come to my place afterwards, we just gotta take the blue line there. only problem is that its a bit of a ways away from the city center. I live in logan square area so people that have to take Metra back out would find it an inconvenience, but for those who don't care, i do have a sick narsty TV and couches and what not. i also own the building I live in so noise isn't a problem.
  39. MrAnonV Member

i'll try to go, but no promises
  40. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Looks like we're gonna be running around in slush tomorrow, ha. Transportation might be messy.

Body, I'll send you a PM about the signs thing.

Bob Loblaw, I stole your FREE HUGS thing, the user subtitle. Cuz I thought it was funny. Hope that doesn't bother you too much. :|