Customize

Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Go Chicago Anonymous, May 3, 2009.

1. _You_ Member

Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

fanboi faggot
  2. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Looks to be really cold this weekend, so take care to not become an icicle.

By the way, I won't be going to the Very Merry Pageant; I already paid cashmoney to see it last year, plus I already have plans for Saturday evening anyway.

Y'all don't know 'bout my rechargable batteries.

Anyway, sorry bromeos, but boombox is closed in general as far as allowing others to have air time. I really don't want to be uncooperative, but I'm concerned about one song request turning into an extended set, which turns into a lot of the music time being dominated by crappy metal or bad house music, or what have you. I mean, I might love Broadway show tunes -- okay, I don't really, I'm just using this as a hypothetical, I swear -- but I wouldn't play it at a protest. Because that's stuff that, frankly, few of us and even less of the public want to hear.

So I'll monopolize access to my boombox with my own shitty music, thank you very much. Or Horatio's playlists are fine by me too, because I think his stuff is fun. I can take an additional song request here or there, but please don't ask me to turn the audio over to you. If that's a big problem, bring your own system, or go pester CB and see if you can get him to stop playing weaboo crap through his garbled speakers long enough to give you some more air time.
  3. CBAnon Member

HEY! It's not weaboo crap........ Well, not all of it. lol. Well, I'll have to try to get my iPod to sync up. I'll figure something out. Just gotta make sure it all doesn't sync, however, send me a PM of what kind of music you want because I happen to have amassed a significant amount house, hip hop, rap, and other mainstream genres. *grumbles* I hate jailbreaking other people ipod.... Always gotta save all their music.... Anyway, Just let me know and I'll see what I can do.
  4. Horatio Member

Cant's you do a simple switch CB, plug their Ipod into the speakers.

Also if anyone is thinking of bringing another speaker, don't. They already are on edge with the megaphone and Strong Strength's speaker, adding another one may shut down the entire thing.
  5. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

cookie at the raid for whoever explains what a weaboo is.
  6. PenneNoodles Member

Weaboo- Encyclopedia Dramatica

Basically super big Japanophile/anime fan.

Also google is my bitch. take it, google. take it hard.
  7. Horatio Member

A Weeaboo is a non-Japanese person obsessed with Japanese culture, namely anime and manga. They're supposedly looked down upon here, despite half of us being them.

Edit:Fuck beaten to it. DESU.
  8. Body Member

They're furries without the animal fetish.
  9. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

oh, i referred to those as wapanese.
  10. Horatio Member

Most do, but we call them weeaboos.
  11. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

omg just read thru wapanese page, sooooo fuckin hilarious especially cause i know a few people like that and its just so funny how pathetic they are.
  12. xerobebop Member

'in that direction' the cat said, 'lives anon; and in that direction' lives tripfags.
    Visit either you like they're both weeaboos'
    'but i don't want to go among weeabos' alice remarked.
    'oh you can't help that' said the cat: 'we`re all weeaboo here. i'm weeaboo. you're a weeaboo'.
    'how do you know i'm weeaboo?' said alice.
    'you must be', said the cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here'
  13. YAHRLY Member

he died smelt fishing
  14. MrAnonV Member

That's fine, just play one jump style song (don't care which song) so i can embarrass my self while doing the running man lol.
  15. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Awesome, I sent you a PM asking you to bring more weeaboo stuff. s626n7.gif

Alright, broseppi. I got you covered as long as your sound input source can take a 3.5mm jack.

Hey, I resent being listed alongside the abject fail that has been the megaphone. I feel like that's an apples and oranges comparison.

The megaphone use has been drawing heat for literally years now from the park representatives, security, and police. It also clashes into law 10-36-140 section B, which prohibits disrupting the "quiet enjoyment of park resources" at Millennium. It's shocking, I know, but they don't want people at the food court (which is now the ice rink) having constant earfuls of Scientology tinfoil.

I feel playing music quietly, whether it be CB's rig or whoever's, is a little different. For starters, to my knowledge, we have had zero complains about music from the park people themselves, either their reps or security. And the only single time the police have said anything about music is back in October when they wanted us to limit it to a conversational level. Even then, for them to bother commenting at all, they had to be baited over by megaphone usage and people camping out on the walkway "island."

True, technically the Millennium reps don't want us using amplified sound at all, but I suspect that's mostly there to keep us from going down a slippery slope of getting too loud. But we're quiet from within 20 feet and pretty much inaudible beyond there. Going 10 steps in any direction puts you out of earshot. Playing music quietly doesn't seem to violate the "spirit of the law" of keeping the racket down. (If it did, where are the complaints?)

Now, no doubt blasting music would change their minds in a hurry, but we won't do that. (Right?) The max volume on my mini-speaker is barely audible as it is. And I promise if we start getting complaints that I'll axe the music or go to the opposite corner or something, because the last thing I want to do is cause trouble for the group. But for now, everything seems fine, and the music is sooper dooper fun, so hey.
  16. Horatio Member

Oh if you want more weeaboo stuff I've got you covered, I have 150 vocoloid songs alone. (Sadly that's not an exaggeration.)

As for the other part of your post, I was just saying that we don't want to push it, the music is one of my favorite parts of protesting so I don't want to ruin it.
  17. _You_ Member

C'est Manifique!
  18. DeathHamster Member

Weeaboos should fit in here somewhere.
    [IMG]
  19. Horatio Member

It's right between "anime Fans who insist on subtitles" and "anime fans who don't care."

Also if we're going to jumpstyle it's gotta be to this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDEdq3vDnWY&feature=related"]YouTube- Freestailo - Ebeb jumpstyle RMX[/ame]
  20. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Okay I don't feel like reading through this shit. When are things going down? I'll be home for winter break I'd love to make trouble.
  21. PenneNoodles Member

Dec 12, 12-3pm, Millenium Park.
  22. MrAnonV Member

this is actually hardstyle, despite what the title says, but it'll still work
  23. _You_ Member

24. MrAnonV Member

dear god what happened to scooter, his old shit is far better then this
  25. DeathHamster Member

Old fart got older?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiHIlE7XG5E&feature=channel"]YouTube- Scooter - Jumping All Over The World[/ame]
  26. Horatio Member

What the fuck did I just witness?
  27. Body Member

abortionrules - This Saturday. We're going to be at Millennium Park in Chicago around noon or 1. After that, we're heading to a Scientology pageant that's full of lulz (basically makes fun of Scientology). We'll be getting in for $20.

Be warm.
  28. MrAnonV Member

damn that's still new, i'm talking old old shit i guess like this

now that's good shit
  29. DeathHamster Member

Yeah, that's the good stuff. It used to bug me when I got his videos when I was looking for scooter videos, but it grows on ya.
  30. MrAnonV Member

Gangsta
  31. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Sweet, if this jumpstyle stuff turns out to be good, it's probably going in a video.
    If it's bad... well, then it's definitely going in a video.

Whoah, wait, rewind. You went all the way out to Milwaukee and there wasn't a single local anon who showed up? What the hell, haha. Also, the barking dog was awesome, and Impact font made an impact.

Oh right, I know, no worries. Sorry if I came off dripping venom; it was just that time of the month, and I had a burr under my saddle. Don't worry, it has since been removed, so I'm going back to the hugbox talk now.

29zvbpc.jpg
  32. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

weeeeewwwwwwt! just 2 days till epic raid. you guys will know me cause ima backflip onto someones head haha
  33. MrAnonV Member

i dare u to do i on my head, that is if you can get 6 1/2 feet high
  34. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

alright but you asked for it. 6 and 1/2 feet aint shit. Former gymnasticsfag here. but i stress the word former.
  35. Horatio Member

And then I'll get on your head and we'll be the worlds tallest Anon.
  36. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

no, i think worlds tallest anon is this dude

IMG_0019.jpg
  37. MrAnonV Member

or that's the world's shortest anon
  38. _You_ Member

39. Abductor Member

Chicago Anons, may I hijack? Please send me a private message if you can help.

I have a friend who needs to see a doctor but currently has no insurance.
    Chicago is overwhelmed and under-budgeted like many other areas. So before you google, and I appreciate your attempt to help, but every place my friend calls is not accepting new patients. Furthermore Chicago has tried to alleviate ths problem by staffing free clinics with nurse practitioners, who can prescribe little more than antibiotics. My friend needs an actual doctor. So please don't post search results. I'm looking for someone who *knows* for certain.

To make this more difficult, she is afraid to go to the worst city blocks in Chicago (which some might argue is smart).
  40. Body Member

I don't know if there's anything I can do, as much as I would like to.