Customize

Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Go Chicago Anonymous, May 3, 2009.

1. Horatio Member

Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Well okay Runner, I'm kind of a newfag here too, so let me just give you some advice.

First off, we have a concept called tl;dr here, also know as too long didn't read. People aren't always willing to read long posts and let me say yours is a tl;dr. Keep it short, or at least throw in a few paragraph breaks. (Yes I am aware of the irony of following a warning about writing a tl;dr with a tl;dr post, so no need to point it out. Pics of sideshow bob would be appreciated though.)

Don't worry, people get butthurt over strange things, like right now my inner grammy nazi is yelling at you for not capitalizing your i's.

Yep everything there is correct and will be updated monthly, but I strongly suggest joining this forum. It's where us ChiFags hang out.

This is my major problem with your post. You come across as a guy(I assume) that just hates scientology for the simple fact that it's ridiculous. Now there's nothing wrong about that for a noob, I was the same way. But I implore you to research, talk to the fellow anons, look shit up because we're not messing around. There are extremely good reasons to protest Scientology, merely hating them is not going to cut it in the long run. Plus there's no "not going to talk to people," there is always the chance that someone will come up to you (especially with the ninja moves drawing attention) and ask you a question.

If you mean scilons, we really don't have much, sorry. If you mean passerbys, slight trolling is okay but don't do anything that will piss them off too much (inb4 moralfag). If you were thinking about messing with anons then that is the best way to make an enemy of everyone here.

I'm going to be blunt, no one gives a shit about your fitness or your brother's pranks. Just a note for further posts.

If you're saying you don't trust anonymous at all then we may not trust you completely. I know it seems like I'm being harsh but it's obvious you aren't to familiar with Anonymous and well, we've built our own rules here and someone has to inform you.

As in Homestar Runner, it's an internet cartoon. They were making a reference to your name being Rooftop Runner.

Sorry for the looooooooooooong post, I'm bored.

Edit: Fuck, body beat me to 200 get.
  2. CBAnon Member

Well rooftop, when you get to the raids, just ask some of us if you need some information. Each of us have a different reason for being there. We come from diverse backgrounds. Talk a bit, ninja style our protest, and just have fun. Those are the main things you need to remember when you join us.
  3. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

well noted, thanks for your imput. but 1 question, do all of you guys actually know your fellow anons in person? if so, it would be easier for me to open up to other members. if its just a bunch of people who only know each other by internet forum names, them obviously yes im not going to be as trusting.
  4. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

also horatio, your link to the forum is brokenzed
  5. YAHRLY Member

trust no one
    then your trust can't be broken

newfag
  6. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

That wasn't the question. Learn to read.
  7. _You_ Member

But it was a good answer. Some Anon's know each other personally, many others do not. Some can't even be identified by any handles they may use on the net or for that matter sock puppet accounts they may have which aren't tied to any IRL activities.
  8. Horatio Member

It varies from person to person, but the rule is to never know another person's real name. Knowing another person's name is dangerous, asking for someone's real name is even more dangerous. So, to answer your question, we only know our internet names and that's how it's going to stay.

Sorry here's the link:
    Chicago Anonymous :: Index

Also ChiFags, heads up!

After the December 12th protest we'll be going to A Very Merry Unauthorized Children's Scientology Pageant. We'll probably get in free and we'll get to wear masks.

9. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

sounds like a win to me
  10. 3rdMan Member

That happened with us because we were in contact with one of the Pageant directors before it started and we showed up to support the production. Furthermore we distributed a lot of advertisements for the guys running it so to help them get viewers. Doing so gave us a good rep with the producers. I suggest you guys contact them and work something out.
  11. Horatio Member

Don't worry 3rdMan, Meatwad and MrAnonV have it covered.
  12. CBAnon Member

I'll have to see it I can get to the pageant.
  13. Body Member

Roofy, YAHRLY is one of the forum trolls. Most of the trolls highlight something that's true though. It's an odd culture here, surrounding on the ideas of absolute freedom of speech and taking nothing too seriously.

In general, I'm not personally concerned who knows my name. I don't think people actually care, and sometimes we do talk about random shit we've been doing lately when we're eating together after the protest. But in the efforts of keeping true to the idea of being "Anonymous," I continue to stay on a no name basis. We'll probably call you Roofy or Rooftop or Runner, depending on what you decide. I'm pretty trustworthy because I'm incredibly apathetic. We'll even hang out at an apartment home after some raids, so even though we don't know each other's real name, we trust each other enough to drive each other around from place to place and order pizza together.
  14. Horatio Member

So we're not getting in free.
  15. 3rdMan Member

But ur getting a discount! That should count for something!

Make sure to bring signs like: Anonymous Approves of this Production I think Meatwad has one of those.
  16. Body Member

I'm hoping to go around and help advertise for them as part of our mini raid; I'll also be trying to mention it during the raid.

Do they have fliers or advertisements we can use?
  17. Horatio Member

They'll probably have stuff there for us to hand out.
  18. _You_ Member

"Hi! We're your private army for this evening, please call us 'Anonymous'."
  19. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

awwwww $20? hmmm will it at least be worth it? im a bit confused anyways. is it basically a pageant of children against scientology? like an anti-scientology play or musical with children as actors? lol id pay 20 bucks for that.
  20. Horatio Member

Ya that's it. It's pretty lulzy.
  21. CBAnon Member

Personal army for this evening.....
    I kinda like the ring of that for the pageant.
  22. PenneNoodles Member

It's a really funny parody of L Ron Hubbard's life if it were done like a Christmas school pageant. I went last year so I'm nto going this year, but it's really worth the trip. The kids are really good and it's really funny.
  23. DeathHamster Member

[IMG]Songs of joy & praise (for L. Ron Hubbard) November 24, 2006, Christopher Muther, Boston Globe

[IMG]Sounds of the Season December 15, 2007, Lavanya Ramanathan, Washington Post

There's loads of other reviews from other years, locations.
  24. 3rdMan Member

We scratched their backs, they scratched ours. Supporting the events have gotten us publicity (remember the Scientology Musical at the Annoyance?) and support from the community. And if your lucky and there are free seats, some folks can get in for free. But heck, a discount ain't too bad either.
  25. CBAnon Member

I know. When are we doing the raid tonight?
  26. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

I got a box of handwarmers if anyone's interested in using them. They'll be there at the 12th and other winter protests.

You're probably right. I just don't want to be annoying by pushing the whole dancing thing. For now, all the moves we use for Tunak Tunak are in our Australia event video, so we can see if anyone else is interested in joining us and take it from there.

Regarding people watching us, I'm actually kinda shy about dancing in public, and I think I would be like 2nq9puw.png if 20+ people were observing. I just think it would be possible to get them if we wanted to; whether we as a group actually want that is a different question altogether.

Fixed that for you. Don't fail like me.
  27. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

im also a bboy so if you guys play some music with a solid beat, or some hip hop, im down to break for people. ive only done it for a few months but i've taken part in competitions already so if you guys want me to bboy a bit to some music thats fine with me.
  28. PenneNoodles Member

I had to use wikipedia to understand that post. I think that makes me a huge nerd.

To be honest, we don't really play much hip hop. It's really a lot of internet memes songs, 80s music, techno, and Star Wars. We're really not very cool. Maybe one of the people with a music player could add some stuff for you?
  29. Horatio Member

I play a lot of mash ups so maybe you can dance to that. But ya, you're over estimating our coolness.
  30. xenubarb Member

YOU DAMN KIDS GET THE HELL OFF MAH ROOF!!!
  31. 3rdMan Member

I remember yelling something like that out my window across the street from Obama's victory celebration. Only the following sentence was: LET ME SLEEP!
  32. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

wrong, you guys are underestimating your coolness. btw, love 80's music. michael jackson has some great songs for jammin to. also, ill have my iPhone with me so if someone brings some sort of speaker system and we can hook that up, ill provide the beats. hah, speaking of techno songs, do you guys ever play "Invaders must die" at raids? hahaha that might send a violent message tho, which is not what is supposed to be sent, i think...
  33. 3rdMan Member

Ask CB about his playlist. There are all kinds of messages we've been sending in our musics, lol.
  34. Horatio Member

We're going to be best friends.

Strong Strength brings one, it'll have a hookup for ipods/iphones/mp3 players.

I am putting that song on my raid playlist now, it's awesome.
  35. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

hmmm maybe you should also add "Blood Sugar" by Pendulum, that usually gets me pretty riled up haha.
  36. Horatio Member

Hey, we went to Milwaukee.
  37. MrAnonV Member

if i can get batteries for my cd player (which ironically can't play cds anymore), i'll bring it along with the double headphone jack for mp3 players. It's old and not the best sounding, but it works.
  38. Horatio Member

Strong Strength has a really great setup. So there we go.
  39. MrAnonV Member

sounds good, i just gotta play my jumpstyle version of "what is love" so i can attempt to do the running man lol
  40. Nine Toes Member

I might show up only if the legendary Bruce Wayne does!