Customize

Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Go Chicago Anonymous, May 3, 2009.

1. xerobebop Member

Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

JESUS BALLS that is a well designed flier.
    Mad props to the creator. From one designfag to another.
  2. 3rdMan Member

HARPOON DIRECT HIT!

Chifags may want to re-plan their miniraid. ;)
  3. Horatio Member

I believe this guy made it.

As 3rdMan so winningly reported, the ChiFags will no longer be going to the conference on account of there not being one. Probably going to Millenium.
  4. _You_ Member

Someone from Chicago might want to make a thread about it being cancelled! Many don't read the city threads if they're not from that area.

It's great news!
  5. 3rdMan Member

6. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Well, that saves me a lot of work.

@ Horatio/Body/whoever: Noon 'til whenever at Millennium this Sat for the mini? Or what were you thinking for the starting time? I can do whatever as long as it's during the daytime. Almost tempted to try the org, but I'll bet it'd be boring.

Also, if anyone wants to do some sync dances, someone post a link to a specific YouTube dance video that shows how. I mean, it has to show the full dance from start to finish so I can see all the steps. Like, I can find the music video of Tunak Tunak on YouTube, but half of it is him spazzing around during the special effects, and I won't know what to do outside of the chorus. Plus, sometimes there are different versions of a theme dance, so a specific video that shows it clearly from start to finish is best.

It doesn't have to be Tunak, though, pick anything and I'll try to learn it.
  7. Horatio Member

Noon sounds good and I think it would be better to not even try for the org, no one goes there and no no one ever comes out.

I can't come up with a dance this week, but maybe for the December raid.
  8. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Wait, so we're on for Saturday then for the mini, at noon? Just making sure I didn't misread or misunderstand something.

Edit: There is that embassy thing going on Sunday. I have real-life stuff that day so I can't make it anyway, but even if I could, I'd be skeptical about moving it to that spot. It's not like we're going to get media coverage with like 4 people there, or that the people inside will even be working on Sunday anyway, so I'd be afraid the end result would probably just be a less-fun location to demonstrate.
  9. Horatio Member

I'm up for whatever you guys want to do. I agree we would probably get less information out just in front of the Australia embassy, so that's a major downside.

Too much goddamn stuff happened this week, it really fucked up our plans.
  10. Horatio Member

Okay, here's the plan for real this time.

Saturday, we're going to go to the Australian Embassy for an hour then move to millienium park. So it's just what we were going to do with the Boss meeting.
  11. xerobebop Member

I'll try. I dunno.
  12. Bob Loblaw Member

I'll be in Chicago for TBOX - is there a separate site for Chicaganons or is WWP it? I'm interested in joining you guys for an hour or so.

Our site: pdxanon.info
  13. Horatio Member

Chicago Anonymous :: Index

Nice to have you there.

Oh it starts at noon.
  14. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Alright, I'll be outside the Embassy by noon, and then past 1 (or whenever), we can move to Millennium Park.

See you there?
  15. Body Member

I'm happy.
  16. Horatio Member

So it happened and it was a bit disappointing, but it was still pretty epic. A security guard came up to us and said we couldn't protest here, but her mood changed right quick when she find out we were for Australia. It was kind of fail there so we marched to the park were win was found. As a follow up to our Caramelldansen video we shot a Tunak Tunak Tun video with a huge crowd who applauded. Two chicks hugged our "Free Hugs" sign. There was a tea party and we went to the end of it. They greeted us with open arms and they lol'd at are "Is Obama French?" sign. StrongStrength shot most of the footage but I got a great clip. Warning: Vomit Inducing Shaking Cam.

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg
  17. Horatio Member

When Strong Strength posts, I'll delete this.
  18. Bob Loblaw Member

Thanks Horatio! I'll see what I can do - may show up a little earlier to warm the clams up for y'all :)
  19. Horatio Member

It's already over. That's all the shit that's above me.

Sorry Slowpoke.
  20. xerobebop Member

H, you have tiny legs.
  21. Horatio Member

Dude, I have a tiny body, a direct strong wind could blow me away.
  22. _You_ Member

They gonna build another Idle Org in chicity

Church of Scientology plans Illinois headquarters on Printer's Row -- chicagotribune.com

By Manya A. Brachear
    Tribune reporter
    November 29, 2009

23. xenubarb Member

Aww, you gais look like you'd be fun to protest with!
  24. DeathHamster Member

It looks like they're recycling their Idle Org announcements. This one was bought February 2007, and was supposed to be open summer of 2008.

Speaking of Scientology September 26, 2007, Alicia Dorr, Chicagoist
    Greatest place on earth September 12, 2007, Hunter Clauss, Chicago Journal
    Now it's 2010 and holding? I guess they'll keep regging the members until the pips squeak!
  25. moarxenu Member

This is one of the most awesome raid vids evar.

Reminded me of "all the famous dances of Anonymous" danced by Berlinfags at the end of the Epic All Night Rave Raid in Berlin in September

From about 3 p.m. we just veg out, had some fun, drinks and caek, and waited for the sun to arrive to have some epic photo shooting. Then, at 6 p.m., we just turned the music back on, played some reminiscence to Woodstock, greeted all the Scientologists, who had to spend her night watching us having fun. And then the last 20-25 Anons danced all the famous Dances of Anonymous.

Glad to see that other fags than The Goddamn Pacman and the South Bay Statcrashers are dancing Tunak.

Check out all known Pacman and SB Statcrashers Tunak vids

Berlin also gave the world this epic banner:

3895324603_2335e315b7.jpg
  26. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

The better for breaking it down with. We're gonna have to start calling him Crazylegs McGee. 2ymukab.gif

Speaking of dancing...

Brainstorm idea: Mass crowds?

At Millennium Park, I'll bet there's a way, if we're not too shy, to become a pretty huge spectacle of the flash raid or live theater variety.

From having known performers, I know getting that getting that first handful of observers is by far the hardest part. After that, the size of the crowd will just grow and grow. Partly this is because people are shy about being the first ones to stop and watch, so people are at ease after a crowd is already there. And partly it will attract viewers just because they see people gathering around something and want to know what's going on.

And though we're not very practiced with our group dances yet, we've already been able to get small groups of people watching, so we can get past that first and most difficult hurdle. So rather than just taking a breather and having them disperse, if we kept performing more songs one right after another show the show doesn't end, I wonder if we couldn't get some pretty big crowds after a while.

Just thinking out loud. It'd probably be tough to pull this off in winter, with fewer people around, but when the nice weather rolls around again...
  27. Horatio Member

Maybe having a set list of songs to preform would be better, getting more anons to know the dance would increase the chance of people joining in.
  28. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

hey, new guy here. don't really know too much about annon and what not, but i have a burning hate for scientology if that counts for anything. I have two questions and one suggestion. First, is the december 12th meeting still on? and second, if not when is the next meeting? I feel like i can be wholeheartedly devoted to this cause. As for your suggestions for big crowds, i believe i can help as gathering crowds are my specialty. I am a performer of sorts, but prefer to keep my talents my secret. For this cause i will spare no resources however. If you folks are familiar with Free Running, Parkour, and or Tricking/XMA (not really any of that XMA nonsense), that is my speciality. Flips, tricks, all your basic ninja flashy movement. Again, i prefer to not do this to get attention but if you guys want to draw a crowd, im your guy. Ill bust out my entire arsenal of tricks to gather a crowd and from there you guys can do what you will. How does that sound?
  29. _You_ Member

It's not a meeting. It's our monthly raid
    WTF do you mean by meeting?
    You're wholeheartedly devoted to the cause? Wholeheartedly? We troll, we fuck with people, it's what we do. And you just joined up yesterday.
    Fishy.

Perhaps I should follow the old adage, "Don't feed the troll."

If you're not a troll, oh well. You better be tough when you run with the chifags. Hell, we troll our own, right 'wad?
  30. Bob Loblaw Member

I was talking about a Dec 12 protest--which I've determined I can't make anyways.

Better luck next time, for sure!
  31. _You_ Member

LOLOL I TROLL J00!

Actually, Rooftop Runner, we are all pasty white, scrawny, and unwashed. Except Baas. He's pasty black, scrawny, and unwashed. These meetings are the only times we leave the house other than getting on/off the bus to school. We average a 7th grade age range. We're all looking for sexual hookups. None of us are FBI.
    So, show us your moves, Mr. Commitment. Hope you like our cause! Next meeting IS Dec 12.

PS
    Any relation to Homestar?
  32. CBAnon Member

Well, rooftop, if you are real, we can use the added support. Any, anyone for the lulz.
  33. Horatio Member

Well Runner, even if you're not a troll you may not get the most open welcome, but you're free to come to the protest. It may be hard to trick in heavy clothing, but I really don't know anything about parkour or free running.
  34. _You_ Member

Ninja's are awesome.
  35. PenneNoodles Member

You should probably do some research and observing before you join a group. People end up accidentally joining cults that way.
  36. _You_ Member

Some tips on how to start a mind control cult.
  37. Horatio Member

I don't know what is wrong, but I can't log into the Chicago forum even though I changed my password, for a little bit there was someone else logged into my account and it looks like some of my posts got deleted.

Not calling Fair Game or Scilon tom foolery, just wondering what's going on.

DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS

Turned out to be a glitch in the system, oh well. My post count was lowered but my posts are still there.
  38. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

uhm yeah sorry about misuse of words, i won't refer to it as "meetings" anymore. i told you guys im new. so yes, i am not a troll and do really exist. as noodles said, at the next raid (which i assume all the details of the first page are still correct) i will show up, i will be masked, and i will ninja shit up. i will not however actively participate in talking to passerby's as my knowledge on scientology is still fairly limited. so ill flip and gather a group for you guys but i will observe as well. hopefully i can make you guys happy that ive meandered my way over here. as far as heavy clothing goes, i tend to stick to cargo pants and a hoodie if it gets super cold (just cause this shit makes you get overheated and sweat quite a bit) so i usually don't have problems dealing with cold. uhhmmm so yah, again, the only thing that ties me to this community right now is my hate for scientology, beyond that im just a noob. adressing the pasty white thing, i am white, but not pasty or scrawny. turns out if i want to be physically able to free run and roof run i do have to condition and quite often. i am at the collegiate level so i don't really know how much older that makes me compared to the rest of you. also, can't someone be wholeheartedly devoted to fucking with people? i sure hope i can. it runs in my family. why, just last week my brother bought some caution tape and sectioned off random streets in chicago just to fuck with people. annnnnyyyyyways, to wrap it up i hope my support will be welcomed, and honestly id post up some videos of my abilities to show you guys i aint lying, but honestly im afraid of some of the repercussions of having people know who i am (i guess being in this group is sort of a double edged sword? troll and be trolled?) well regardless i want this to be a one way situation where im the only one fuckin with people. soooooo yeah, nice to meet you all and may xenu bless our attempts to fuck with people. you guys definately have my support and my skills at your disposal.
  39. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

also, i have no idea who homestar is, why do you ask?
  40. Body Member

Roofie, here's some not trolling [im doin it rong]:

We're about 20 on average.

I wouldn't worry about gathering a crowd until the spring or summer. It'll have more people and be more surprising. We won't be too ready for it anyway.

We always meet up on the second Saturday of every month, usually around 11 or noon for a couple hours at Millennium park.

If you're new, you can do what I did and just hold a sign and be quiet. Now I'm a lot more vocal and ready to talk (I even faildance), so if you want to learn some from me, you can. I'd recommend listening in on conversations when they start so you get a feel for what seems like effective talking points. You can always ask me or anyone else for advice while we're there too.

Meatwad's a good example of how to be in Anonymous; Strong Strength and I are pretty good examples of how to talk to people about the crimes of the Church of Scientology. (Or at least I'm an improving example... :p)