Customize

Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Go Chicago Anonymous, May 3, 2009.

1. CBAnon Member

Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Would've been funny.
  2. Meatwad Member

I will be there holy dicks I will totally fucking be there
  3. Meatwad Member

Bitch don't give my number to anyone. If you have my number, good for you. If you don't, too bad. And what do you mean you've never seen me newfag? I've been to every protest ever minus the last 2. Suck my dick fgt. R.I.P. DEBRIS
  4. 3rdMan Member

You guys may have to deal without any pruning or modding from me for a while. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to get back on chicagosaysno. I tried to change my email with csn and all of the sudden i cannot access the damn sight anymore. Didn't even get anything after the email change attempt. So if it gets full of spam. I'm sorry. Nothing I can do.
  5. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Whoah, double your dose. I know why you're upset, but metgyre hasn't done anything wrong. Read my PM for info.

'Kay, thanks for the heads-up. That place just keeps acting weirder and weirder.
  6. PenneNoodles Member

FYI if you take the South Shore, be aware that the trains don't start anywhere east of Gary. If you want to take the train in, drive to east Chicago and catch the train from there. Don't park in Gary. Seriously, don't.
  7. xerobebop Member

HI IM CHICAGO AND I AM DRAMATIC

I'll be there for sure. Probably show up a early as fuuuck, just cause the train generally gets there around 9:45 or so.
    I'll be coming in to OTC, Kevin. So, PM me if you wanna meet up beforehand, I'll check back tonight/early morning
  8. Meatwad Member

ANYONE WHO NEEDS MY NUMBER, PLEASE PM ME. I NEED NUMBERS ANYWAY SEEING AS I CAN'T ACCESS OUR FORUMS KTHX
  9. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

'Kay, I figured out my plans a little more definitely. I might be there a little after 11 or so if I run into delays.

Once we're set up at Michigan & Madison, we can anchor a few people there and then send little contingents of people over to the Bean to check out what's going on at the Tea Party thing, if we want to.

In my experience, the Tea Partiers tend to run out of rage after like an hour and then it becomes more of a social fest. At least, that's what happened last time. Curious to see if their numbers go down out of "protest fatigue" or up due to new controversy about health care. Whatevs...

Wouldn't be surprised if there were tons of police there for the Tea Party thing. Also, Tea Party conservatives + Mexican Independence Day Parade = ?:(

See you guys tomorrow!
  10. metgyre Member

should be hilarious. on another note, missed a call from kevin freeman. anyone else wanna meet me at 1030 at ogilvie? let me know before 6am tomorrow. otherwise ill go down by myself and hope i dont have to take detours and shit.
  11. 3rdMan Member

Whoops forgot my hat! Anyone let me crash while I'm up there?

Nah just kidding. Have fun raiding. Give Dominic a big hug in my absence, lol.
  12. xerobebop Member

Sure thing. I'll be there, check your PM for my number. Just text me your screenname. Or call, if you wanna rock it stone age.
  13. CBAnon Member

Gonna be on my way shortly. See you guys there.
  14. Kanonimus Member

Have fun you guys. Looks like it's gonna be a beautiful day.
  15. xenubarb Member

sign idea for scilons:

THE WINDY CITY:
    A GOOD PLACE TO BLOW!
  16. 3rdMan Member

This should be your next sign concept, Strong Strength, lol.
  17. CBAnon Member

I can sum it up in one word. "EPIC!!" One might even say "Legendary!" The tea baggers loved us. But yes, there were the usual trolls. We had an anon give a quick speech. "...taking the freedom of speech to the logical extreme..." Gotta love it. Free hugs were readily available however no police wanted a hug. Always either "Maybe next time" or "Not from you". There was even a quick away mission to the Celtic fest. I'm surprised they let the us in with the masks, signs, and bullhorn. So many pictures taken, so many videos, so much win. Gotta love it. That's my quick wrap up. Someone will post a more in depth one soon enough.
  18. xerobebop Member

Videos will be lulz. Hopefully the newfag that took 'em will be smart enough to blur faces.

Also, any verdict on whether or not that guy from the "New York Times" was a handler or just some weird guy?
  19. Belladonna Member

You guys got style.
  20. CBAnon Member

But of course.
  21. xerobebop Member

Also, post whatever threads on CSN ya'll want backed up and reposted. I can do it today and tomorrow, and I think Penne said she would, too.

Edit:
    Keep an eye on WGN to see if they have any Tea Party footage. Maybe you'll see some internet jackasses dancing with signs in the background. (As opposed to old conservative jackasses standing with signs everywhere else.)
  22. Horatio Member

Said newfag here, video will be up this week.
  23. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Postgame thread is created; do you guys wanna put all the post-event talk in there?

If any mods want to move the recent postgame posts in here over to that thread, I'm not gonna complain either!
  24. xerobebop Member

Chicago Anonymous Backup :: Index
    Kevin's site. I added to the doxthread I posted on CSN and put it up there.
    21 names added since last update.
  25. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

If you couldn't make the 12th, or you just want to double up, there is talk of doing a miniraid on the 19th. It'll definitely be a lot smaller and stuff, so don't get too excited. Here's the planning thread for that over at the local Chicago site.

Hope to see you at the next big, monthly protest in October! Can we get a thread OP update?
  26. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

[size=+1]Re: Setting up a new Chicago Anon site[/size]

So I got word that some people don't care for the layout that Ning uses and would rather just use a straight message board. I guess some people talked about this at the September monthly; sorry I wasn't there for this conversation.

Would you rather use the Ning or a plain message board?

Because right now, we're splintered. Not only is that annoying and less fun, but it's actively compromising some of our planning ability. For example, it was part of what threw a monkey wrench into day 1 of 2 of the IAS protest. It's also sapping our ability to organize things in the present, such as the September 19th miniraid.

This is kind of important to come to come to a group consensus on quickly, and it's going to have to be something we can all live with. So where's the place you would like to make our new home? On a Ning, a straight message board, or someplace else? Please share your opinions and comments so we can work this out as quickly as is reasonable.
  27. CBAnon Member

Just out of boredom, I went to the org and did my usual recon. Now, I've seen yellow bags on the ground inside near the front of the building. They have been moved slightly. There was something written on it. "...ing CA..." Now, it took my a second to realize what it could possibly be. Then it hit me like a party van.

Perhaps you can tell what I mean from this pic: The%20Tent%20in%20Luwingu.jpg

See it? Now it's a good early warning in case we wanna raid some VMs.
  28. xerobebop Member

19th, mission raid. I will be going to the org.

Where are these? There's hardly enough room on the sidewalks
  29. xerobebop Member

o, also, I cast vote on Kevin's site being the new home until CSN comes back. Kevin's site gains +1 support.
  30. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

The photo confused me too. I think he just meant it as the reference, i.e. he saw Volunteer Minister bags. Y'know, because "Something can be done about it" is their slogan.

Anyone know if it's possible to change the title of Kevin's board? 'Cause calling it "Chicago Anonymous backup" permanently could end up being weird in the long term.
  31. Body Member

I'm brand new (newfag, I suppose). After meeting the raid on September 12th, I have spent several hours over the past few nights watching YouTube videos describing Anonymous and Scientology. I find the foreign news coverage of Scientology enough reason to protest them, though I'm still somewhat skeptic. I also find America's news coverage of Anonymous to be... well, unfortunate and expected.

Anyway, I'm curious how many people plan to attend the miniraid of 9/19 (as is being discussed). As much as I'd like to jump in immediately, I'd rather first attend with a little more comforting amount of numbers.
  32. PenneNoodles Member

Hi there!

If you want a protest with larger numbers, I would wait until our big month protest on Oct. 10. Right now, some people are planning a smaller raid/protest on Sept 19 but we usually don't get a huge number of people for mini-raids. Miniraids are sort of up in the air depending on everyone's schedule. You're still free to go but it sounds like you prefer safety in numbers.

Our monthly protests have a lot more people. It's the second Saturday of every month and next month it'll be Halloween themed.

Show up whenever you feel like it, dude.
  33. Horatio Member

Sorry to be a newfag, but which org in Chicago? Once I know that I'm good to go.
  34. CBAnon Member

More then likely, they are going to the open org at 3011 N. Lincoln. The other location at 650 S. Clark, is still under construction.
  35. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Hey Body, I know you already got a reply from PenneNoodles, but I'll throw my opinion in too.

Firstly, I don't expect much more than 3 or 4 people for the Sept. 19th miniraid, but we'll see.

For new people, I'd recommend making your first outing at a monthly protest. They're a lot bigger; generally more stuff is going on, and you can meet a lot of different people. You can also hang out and mesh into the crowd and not be forced onto the forefront, which understandably can feel a little weird for some brand-new people.

Like Penne said, the next monthly raid is on Oct. 10th. We almost always do them on the second Saturday of each month.
  36. Body Member

Thanks you two. It sounds like I'll plan for October 10th then. It'll give me more time to work on my mask as well.
  37. 3rdMan Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/wired-article-about-anonymous-53009/

Hey Chifags. Julian strikes again with another article about Chanology. If you don't know who Julian is, he is a writer for the Wired and did a lot of interviews with Chicago Anonymous in his research on Chanology (example: during the Zoning Meeting for Clark trolling).
  38. CBAnon Member

I'm not quite sure how to take his comments about us. Kinda funny article though.
  39. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

That's awesome that the Anon story finally got printed in Wired.

'Kay, I'm gonna go back and redirect all the links so all our local Chi-Anon traffic points not at the Ning (because that format was less popular with our users) but at the straight message board (the forumup one).

About the 19th, someone just said that they couldn't make it. So in light of that and the fact that that we're still settling into a new home, maybe we should just rest and recharge this weekend. (Unless Photo Guy wants to do something, in which case, I'm totally there. I'm gay for Photo Guy.)

Sometime, we should do a chalk raid, just for fun. More ideas over at the forumup New Home Site.
  40. CBAnon Member

I was lurking a bit and found project: ClearCraig. Look it up. I glanced around the Chicago CL and found some interesting posts.

This, This, and This.

I guess we have some interesting things here.