Customize

Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Go Chicago Anonymous, May 3, 2009.

1. xerobebop Member

Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Very interested.
  2. CBAnon Member

Good news everyone!!

Rumor has it the Co$ might dump the new org building.

However:

A new scaffold has been erected in the inside of the second floor. It's visible from the street. Another thing to note was a building permit on the front door. It lists the owner as "Howard Mock" I looked over the $cilon directory and his name is in the "Auditor 245", "Cleared" on 1992-09-01. The permit lists him as living at 3011 N. Lincoln. Coincidence? Not really. It also lists a number for contact. If you want it, send me a pm. I did a TNID on it, it pulls up:

tnID Database Record For ***-***-****

Current Telephone Company:
    T-Mobile

Original Telephone Company:
    T-mobile Usa Inc.

Original Telephone Company Type:
    Personal Communications Service (PCS)

Telephone Number Owner's Estimated City
    : Chicago

Telephone Number Owner's Estimated Region
    : Illinois

Telephone Number Owner's Estimated Postal Code
    : 60643

Telephone Company Equipment Location Code: CHCGILWJDS0

Enjoy the news as you can.
  3. 3rdMan Member

You rock CB. If you happen to see an "For lease" signs, let us know.
  4. incog712 Member

Does this mean that Chicago's ideal org was "mocked up"?
  5. CBAnon Member

THANK YOU! Now that's the response I was waiting for.

I'll keep everyone posted until I find out what the hell is going on over there. All I know is, things just got more interesting.
  6. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Source? Details? No offense and nothing personal, but dox or GTFO. This doesn't sound very plausible to me given all the trouble they've gone through. By your own reports, the building renovation does seem to be coming along, albeit much slower than they advertised.

Did I miss something? What's all the fuss about? Howard Mock is a name already attached to the current Org building, so it's not like a shocker that he's on the building permit for the new place. And the telephone number is something that they'll be advertising publicly anyway, if or when they ever finish it.

I know following the "development" of the Idle Org is fun and all, and thanks for keeping an eye on it, but is there some crazy excitement I'm missing?
  7. 3rdMan Member

^This

A knew org is moving in downtown. This could spell for a lot of things:
    A) Chicago Scifags are more successful than others if they are expanding.
    B) Chicago Anons have the opportunity to conduct raids on the Clark Org if it does indeed open.
    C) Other things can ensue if Scifags have a downtown presence (see Gold Base and Clearwater and LA stories of Scifag influence for things such as that). Though maybe not in the extreme as it is in those locations, it maybe important for you guys to keep your eyes and ears open for new developments.
    D) Also, you may have handlers coming back downtown.
    E) Of course if it closes down, it means a victory for Chifags since it would have been a huge waste of money for Chicago Scientology.
  8. PenneNoodles Member

Unfortunately, none of those exciting developments will happen until they open and I am impatient.

And I won't believe this until I see it. As far as I can see, there is no indication that they will not open the new org and they have gone through trouble to get it. They aren't going to get rid of it unless something super major goes wrong.
  9. CBAnon Member

My source was a Realtor who had a partner involved with the building. Just enlisted about 2 weeks ago with something to do with that very building. The person couldn't say why. Like I said, I'm still getting information. It will be interesting if we achieve victory. But then, we'd have nothing to do.
  10. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

This sucks, I still can't access CSN. Someone come kick it with me on the [strike]backup forums[/strike] (current forums) or something, cuz I am ronery.

It's been said before, but part of me sort of hopes they open the Idle Org so we can have extra-convenient laughs and enturbulation on demand.

On another note, remember the Lollapalooza miniraid? Some guy got media coverage for breaking it down like he was on acid:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-R5GQ0V-Z4"]YouTube - Lollapalooza 2009: The World's Best Dancer![/ame]
  11. xenubarb Member

Whatever he's on, Do Not Want...
  12. xerobebop Member

It was Lolla, dancing "like" he was on acid is kinda far fetched.
    He was dancing on acid.

edit: As for the Ideal Orgy, I will have a lot of fun enturbulating if it comes around. I hope it doesn't, honestly. It would mean they are doing well.
    Also, clark is regular sized sidewalks. We'd have to be in constant motion or CPD will bust our asses.
  13. PenneNoodles Member

If you can get on Chicago Says No, there's a thread for the next monthly protest on September 12. Anything major the comes up will be posted in that thread and this one since not every one can get on CSN.
  14. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Well, I could access the CSN forums again for all of like an hour. Now I'm stuck out again. :|

If there's anything important regarding the Sept. 12th protest, could someone please cross-post it here?
  15. AZNanony Member

In November a few PHX Anons will be in chic let us know on the sight would love to join you desert style. Latta Biatches
  16. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

Update cause I can't sleep. Found some juicy info...

Guess when and where the next TEA PARTY protest is? (You know, the demonstrations highlighting a whole smorgasbord of conservative issues/complaints.)

Wait for it...
    ...wait for iiittt....

Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009
    Time: 11:00am - 1:00pm
    Street: Randolph Street and Michigan Avenue at the Bean

So in other words, basically the same place at the same time as our own. Or a stone's throw away, at least.

Last Tea Party protest visit was pretty awesome. Of course, the point is not to get entangled in liberal vs. conservative tomato-throwing or any sort of politics at all. If we want srs bsns interaction, we can use our Scientology tax-exempt-themed signs and fliers. But the main attraction is probably just going to be the entertainment value. The last one had fun stuff like blogger coverage, 9-11 Truthers running around, people with Godwin's signs, and more.

Nevar 4get the lulzcow that was the original Tea Party protest.

15q6qgw.jpg

2lwp08x.jpg

[color="darkred"]--> Can one of you guys crosspost this event info on CSN? <--[/color]
    I still can't access the local boards.
  17. PenneNoodles Member

Got it. Thanks for the info!
  18. xerobebop Member

TEAAAA PARTY!
    I gotta be there. I gotta.
  19. CBAnon Member

I'll bring the tea bags.
  20. 3rdMan Member

Somebody should call up meatwad and/or baas and see if they can come, sense they hardly check the forums.
  21. CBAnon Member

I would but I deleted the number a while ago.
  22. PenneNoodles Member

I can call one of them over the weekend.
  23. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

There's a whole bunch of other stuff going on in Chicago the weekend of our protest that we should probably be aware of.

Celtic Fest will be taking place in nearby Grant Park pretty much the entire weekend. Bagpipes, here we come. This has one street closure that shouldn't affect us much: E. Jackson Blvd. (a few blocks to the south of our spot) running east-west from Michigan Ave. to Lake Shore Drive.

U2 Concert at Soldier Field on both days of the weekend, predicted to be sold out. Shouldn't directly affect us too much, but there may be some who are going but are hanging out downtown for a while. Hey, just more people to talk to.

Mexican Independence Day Parade on that Saturday from 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. This is supposedly in multiple locations throughout the city, but the biggest and closest one is going on Columbus Dr. (you know, the street east of the park) running from Balbo north to Monroe. There will be some more street closures to the southeast of us: Columbus Drive from Roosevelt to Monroe, as well as east and west street that intersect in between -- that's Balboa, Congress Parkway, Jackson Blvd., and Monroe St.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

[size=+1]Here's the street closure that may potentially trip us up.[/size] I have heard a rumor that Michigan Ave. may also be shut down for the parade, as well as other streets. If that happens, getting into the Park might be difficult. I don't know if this will happen or not; if you know for sure, please share info. It could be an extra big mess with the zergrush of other people going on foot to see Millennium for the Tea Party.

Anyway, be ready to take extra time and travelling distance to make a mini-detour to get into Millennium Park if Michigan Ave. gets closed. Even if it doesn't, the weekend may be so crazy with events that you should probably plan for transportation delays.

Personally, I'll probably try to show up for this one earlier than usual and closer to 11 a.m. than the usual noon in order to coincide with the Tea Party stuff. But more on that later in the week.
  24. 3rdMan Member

Makes me wish I was there even more. I've been to these for the past 2 years when they happened. I even have a kilt for the occasion. Damn. Someone have a pint of Guinness for me if you go.
  25. CBAnon Member

Already going to have it taken care of.
  26. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

The kilt or the beer?
  27. PenneNoodles Member

For those of you who cannot access Chicago says no, here is the overview of things:

CSN thread here
  28. CBAnon Member

The beer. I don't have the legs for the kilt.
  29. Kevin Freeman Member

Anyways unless shit changes sometime soon, I have a feeling we might need a new home for Chicagofags.

Here is my attempt at making an alt. site:
    http://chianon.forumup.com/

or we could this site that nobody uses.
    Chicago Anonymous
  30. CBAnon Member

Gonna make a sign for this weekend.
    "You tax us and not Scientology!?
    WTF!"
    Is it win?
  31. 3rdMan Member

Two wins. Good idea on the /b/ackup sight. Good sign 2. ^^
  32. Kevin Freeman Member

Was not my idea, but i was just re-posting it from somewhere.
    Heck, i might make a ChicagoAnon Board on some free board-thingy.
    and here it is:
    http://chianon.forumup.com/
  33. Re: Chicago, Illinois -- The Windy City Megathread

[strike][size=+1]Chicago Ning ahoy![/size]

It's open for business. I'd be happy to start using that, especially since I lost CSN access more or less permanently.

Yeah, it went dead for about a week with no activity -- I got out of the habit of checking it. Sorry about that. If other people begin using it, then it should pick up its own momentum and be fairly active.[/strike]

Edit: We set up and use a straight message board now instead.
  34. Kevin Freeman Member

well my train will get to chicago around 10 if i want to make it by 11, so i have to screw around for an hour.

Anyone interested in joining me doing... somthing?
  35. metgyre Member

shit, dude. ill meet you at ogilvie.
  36. Kevin Freeman Member

where in ogilvie?
  37. CBAnon Member

Send it through pm.

<EDIT> And Baas, If you read this before the Protest, I have a bit of a surprise for you.
  38. metgyre Member

i informed baas. he will be there. theoretically he will tell meatwad. i do have meatwads number too, but since i have never actually seen him, i am not comfortable calling him. if any of you want to call him, pm me and i will give you his number.

on another note..... i really need to have fun this weekend guys. without going into too much detail, my wife left me and wont let me see my son. i need fun and hugs. help me out when you see me.
  39. xerobebop Member

it is can be hugs tiem.
    I am about 90% sure I will be there for this.
    I might even have a mask.
  40. MeganonOT8 Member

For A sec it seemed like he was going to kick the shinapz out of the lady next to him.