Customize

Chicago, IL

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by PenneNoodles, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PenneNoodles Member

Chicago, IL

This is the real planning thread on our own forum

3369659299_057342865c.jpg?v=0.jpg

Time: April 11, 11-ish to 3pm. Things are slow to start and it takes about until noon for the party to get going. If you show up and don't see anyone, don't panic. Wait a little bit.

Place: Millennium Park, right where N. Michigan Ave. and Madison Street meet. We stand out a bit, so it's hard to miss us.

Theme: Tom Cruise and black turtlenecks. And rabbit ears because it's Easter.

What to do:
    - Hand out fliers
    - Talk to people and have people talk to you
    - Hold signs
    - Be awesome
    - Possibly promote Scientology!: the Unauthorized musical. Go see if you're in town on Friday. People said it's good.

What not to do:
    - Use a device for amplifying sound
    - Write on the side walk
    - Block the sidewalk
    - Be a stupid dick

What to bring:
    - A mask and/or costume
    - A sign and/or fliers
    - Awesomecaek and lube
    - Friends. Or if you don't have any, your mom. We'll enjoy her.
    - Stuff to pass out, like fliers, candy, flowers, whatever. This seems to work really well.
  2. Re: Chicago, IL

[IMG]
  3. PenneNoodles Member

Re: Chicago, IL

Hey! I said no amplified sound, dumbass. 11 is pretty amplified.
  4. 3rdMan Member

Nothing to worry about. We've played music and used megaphones and nobody objects. Its all good. Just don't make it excessively loud.
  5. CBAnon Member

Fine, we'll keep it at about 9.5, 10 at the max.
  6. icicle00000 Member

I wish i didn't have to work that day!!
  7. PenneNoodles Member

Ok, fine, that is true. I just know that on paper that's the rules, so I just wanted to throw it out there.

We have a lot of mini-raids on other days and weekends. See our forum for last minute planning.
  8. Re: Chicago, IL

"stupid dick"???

very relative.. splain?
  9. Re: Chicago, IL

I think you guys (PenneNoodles and 3rdman) are both right.

The park rule has always been no amplified sound, and we do still get the occasional complaint about this from the park event organizers. The use of megaphones has been brought up more than once; to my knowledge, we haven't yet had a specific complaint about playing music, but we've always kept that fairly quiet.

In practice, park security at the actual events have been pretty lax about enforcing the sound rules, especially in the past few months we've been there. Making a total racket for a long time might get their attention, but probably the quieter we are, the less inclined they are to care. I doubt they feel we're really doing any harm if we're more or less keeping a lid on it.

Just throwing that out there.
  10. 3rdMan Member

I attribute the reason the park hasn't bawwwwwed more than a little is because they told us their aren't any sound permits , yet then some Anons complained when we found out anti-war protesters were given one during the protest in September. Since then, they realize if they start saying we can't use amplified sound, but we know they had permits they denied when called for, there is going to be some issues.

But if the park finally tells us how to sign for one and how much it costs, then we won't have a problem delving into the donation funds to pay for one.
  11. riken101 Member

Hope to make it there.
  12. Adanon Member

GO GO GO GO GO

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqVL8blr-rw]Beginning of the End[/ame]
  13. 3rdMan Member

I'll actually be able to make it. But for a short time before resuming personal business. Be thar.
  14. Re: Chicago, IL

business is always fun
  15. WolfFawkes Member

Hey guys. I'm close to Chicago. It's a fairly long drive, but not unbearable by any means. If you guys are planning anything in the future, I'd love to help out if I can. Sadly, I fail, for I have no car. Nor a job at the moment. So best I can probably do is get someone with a vehicle and the same cause(I know some people. xP) to come with me, buy a couple masks with my spare funds beforehand and be there with some cameras, then send you guys the pics and video to use as you please.
  16. 3rdMan Member

Please, we would welcome moar Anons this summer. We usually do our protests every second Saturday each month. Don't forget our forum, we do most our planning there. We hope you'll be able to come over and join the raid. :)
  17. WolfFawkes Member

Thanks for the support man :p I'll be sure to make a srs attempt to come out. Oddly enough, my mother alsothinks getting rid of Scientology is a good cause. So hearing that reminded me of part of the main post on here. Lol.

"What to bring:
    - A mask and/or costume
    - A sign and/or fliers
    - Awesomecaek and lube
    - Friends. Or if you don't have any, your mom. We'll enjoy her.
    - Stuff to pass out, like fliers, candy, flowers, whatever. This seems to work really well."
  18. WolfFawkes Member

>_>;
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.