Customize

Chicago, IL

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by 3rdMan, Dec 7, 2008.

1. 3rdMan Member

Chicago, IL

Want to tell what Chifags accomplished Dec 13th, post here!
  2. xenuluvsu Member

Re: Chicago, IL

wow this is really early. good luck Chicago!
  3. AnonLZ Member

Okay so this was a win in my mind. We raided the CNN people and got to be in the background of their shot <--- MAJOR WIN! We had new anons WIN and the people loved us.

Okay so as i walked to union station i saw the art institue get zerg rushed by a crap load of santas who then proceded to sing a carol and then walk away chanting "ho ho ho" It was halarious heres what i captured with my cam, you guys should have seen it. Should have taken pics of the protest too but i forgot about it. sorry.

4. 3rdMan Member

Holy crap, that is a lot of Santas! We had fun enburbing today.

No Scientology handlers visited us. Looks like those reinforcements haven't arrived yet or they are just too lazy to come down to Millenium to meet us. :p

Moar videos will come up later. I have some footage to work with and so does our real masterful film-guy dogcmp6!

After enturb, many Anons celebrated a good day enturbing playing Left 4 Dead.

Moar info as videos come up!
  5. dogcmp6 Member

woha, i dont remeber creating a nick here, ok so guys i just got home now, i had a car issuie, i left my lights on so my car died, so i had to get a jump from an extremely drunk guy...back to the post game, it was built of win, started off with very little energy, got a lot more, watched anons skate, one of whom fell on their ass, ate thai food, then almost died...any way i will be posting videos soon, and this is my last post under this nick
  6. 3rdMan Member

Awesome! Here is mine.

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/2520342]Anonymous December 13th Raid on Vimeo[/ame]

Looking forward to yours dogcmp6
  7. cargirl Member

Nice vid, 3rd man.

I agree that this was great success. It was my first Chicago protest, and it was nice to see that Chifags git down wit style.

Oh, and don't forget about the Anons on ice skates, as well as the hipster kids who we recruited off the street. THis protest was jam-packed with win.
  8. dogcmp6 Member

my vid, which is usually done by nao wont be done till next weekend, i wrecked my external that had all my music
  9. 3rdMan Member

Awe man! That sux ballz. We will eagerly await the vid, man.
  10. Re: Chicago, IL

man I wish i could've sticked around just a LITTLE bit longer. Well I had fun at the protest, but now I'm stuck in school again...

*SIGH
  11. Yellow Member

Well, I had a great time from start to finish. It was extremely windy, but we managed to hold onto our hats and signs. We luckily managed to avoid any bitterly-cold weather, and conditions only started to get cloudy and messy right towards the end.

By my guess, judging how many fliers I brought and the others did, I think we mowed through almost 750 fliers, so that was outstanding. We are really doing a lot better in that respect over the past few months.

I had cake (well, Little Debbie cakes -- not sure if that technically counts, haha) and some carols, but I was too shy to get them out. Although apparently I missed some carol-singing when I had to temporarily leave, so I guess everyone had gotten their fill anyway.

cargirl, thanks for the cookies; I didn't want to eat them there because I was concerned about removing my disguise there, but I took them home, and they were delicious. Great impression of the woman's dance in the Never Gonna Give You Up video too. Haha!

That Santa video is possibly one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Speaking of videos, thanks for posting yours, 3rdman. Very cool.

Hats off to all my fellow Chi-nons who helped make it a fun day and kudos as always to Millennium Park for being very cool hosts!
  12. Adanon Member

Awesome vid is awesome! Raptor Jebus, it's great to see these and be able to vicariously attend raids that I wasn't able to get to IRL.

For me, Nov was just full of fail, all work and no play. Much needed recovery drew me to warmer climes for Dec.

To paraphrase LRH...

"Now we say there's, well, another place in the world-there's Clearwater. Wonderful place - except for its scientologists."

Some pic's of our friends, the Clearwater Anon

I'ma chargin' my fur suit for Jan. Mis ya'all
  13. PenneNoodles Member

You abandoned us in favor of warm weather! You furry bastard! (i'm so jealous i hate winter right now)

Anyway, we had a fairly successful Saturday. I only encountered a couple crazies: A yelling woman who was yelling that scientology has its first amendment rights (she was ignoring the fact we have our first amendment rights to criticize them but I couldn't get a word in to correct her) and some nutty guy who was going about Jesus and Christmas.

Wins:
    - Skating
    - Ceiling cat fliers
    - Hipster kids joining us
    - Some of us went to see the pageant play afterwards
    - Seeing Homeland Security run their German shepherds around the park

Fail:
    - It was balls cold
    - Lack of promised scientologist handlers. I was really looking forward to that.
    - Uh, I guess that's it.
  14. Yellow Member

We missed you too. I saw your Clearwater pictures and was wondering why you were down there!

There was at least one more fairly wacko guy. Towards the end, when a few people were standing around in a group, he started going on and on about the wearing of masks and how it was stupid and pointless and the Scientologists were just going to get us anyway, because we're a bunch of fools. My description doesn't really do it justice, but it was really intense and strange and he was doing the HEY I'M GONNA STAND HERE AND KEEP TALKING AT YOU AND NOT GO AWAY BECAUSE I'M OBLIVIOUS TO THE FACT THAT THIS CONVERSATION IS WEIRD AND NOT GOING ANYWHERE thing.

Oh, and YES you couldn't be more right, making plans to see the Very Merry Pageant play was awesome.
  15. dogcmp6 Member

man that guy was weird, but he did give me a good base for a joke
  16. dogcmp6 Member

heres my vid, sry bout the quality
  17. 3rdMan Member

Sweet vid.

About the banning from the megaphone, post-speech. AND IT WAS WORTH IT! LOL!
  18. dogcmp6 Member

still no tits, your still banned
  19. 3rdMan Member

Heh, justified.

Hilarious ice skating Anons are hilarious. Our singing was better on the vid than I thought, though we are definitely no Christmas chorus.
  20. moarxenu Member

I am Rod Blagojevich, and I approve this message.
  21. JoshTheater Member

Still Alive - Marcab

If folks would be so kind as to throw together some quick, one paragraph summaries of what's been going on in their local cells here, the hope is to get a nice website up compiling everything (kinda like Anonymous Resources, only with some more information about the groups). We could even *gasp* KEEP IT UP TO DATE!