Customize

Chicago, IL - March 13, 2010

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Anonymous, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Chicago, IL - March 13, 2010

[size=+2]St. Patrick's Day in Chicago :eek:[/size]

3359367052_9c7779b477.jpg

Okay, firstly, I haven't heard any specifics about what people plan to do for this one yet. Keep an eye on the later posts in this thread to keep up to date on whatever's materializing.

That said, I'm going to Millennium Park for this one, starting around noon. Unless we get bumped or something, we should be able to use our usual spot of Michigan Ave. and Madison St. The hoopla for St. Patrick's Day is just too good for me to miss. March in '09 was easily one of our best protests, and if the weather cooperates, this one might be just as good.

Feel free to join me. You can bring along any materials you like, although we should have plenty of extras of everything we'll need (signs, fliers, cupcakes, and tunes). Bonus points in my book if you join in on doing the dances of the Macarena, Moskau (by Dschingis Khan), Caramelldansen, YMCA, and other stupid stuff.

Don't use amplified sound (boomboxes, megaphones) to Millennium Park proper. Usually we play music at a modest volume and dance across the street and there's no problem. Chalking will also get the park security very pissed at you. Other than that, just use common sense - don't block walkways, harass people, etc.

Other stuff: the parade will be right near us, drawing even more people out and about. We'll have to see if any anons want to interact with that directly.

Other Chi-nons may want to do other stuff on March 13th. Don't assume this is necessarily the plan. It just happens to be my plan. I am not trying to be bossy or tell anyone what to be doing. If anyone else is doing other stuff, I encourage you to post the details here so people can take it into consideration.

[size=+2]Pics to get everyone excited (!!!)[/size]

3359366078_6626d1c552.jpg

3361516433_5236420bd5.jpg

3369659299_057342865c.jpg

3358548599_129b8d2a38.jpg
  2. 9376 Member

Re: Chicago, IL - March 13, 2010

Kevfag, greensuit this one in the spirit of the holiday

I'll be at the Park, but there is talk of a short trip to the org for LRH's birthday bash with party hats, caek, etc.
  3. Body Member

I'm starting at the Park, maybe staying.
  4. Anonymous Member

I wonder how many Scientologists would be at the org that day. Saturday evening is the LRH birthday party, which is typically held elsewhere. It's possible every active Scientologist in the area, including most of the staff members, will be at the birthday location and not the org. Or maybe there will be Scientologists gathering up at the org that day before heading over to the party location, who knows.

I feel confident in saying that, if your goal is to reach Scientologists with your message, being at the location of the party itself is ideal. You can probably reach 10, 20, or even 50 times as many of them as you'd be able to on a normal day, and such an opportunity won't come around again for 365 more days. These are public who are being kept in the dark about the whole Anonymous thing or have been assured that they've been "handled."

Now, maybe reaching maximal Scientologists isn't your goal; maybe you just want to pop over to the org for a little while for laughs. That's cool too.

Part of me would like to see a big group at the LRH birthday party event. The problem is that St. Patrick's Day at Millennium is just too fun for me to pass up. Maybe there will be people who want to do a "double" that day - Millennium and then the birthday party later in the day. Or maybe most people will want to do your Millennium and org plan. We'll see.
  5. The Blue Jay Member

BTW does anyone know if meatwad's cell is still active? I texted and called a couple times but got no answer or reply. I came online just to see if he's posted anything recently, yes at the chi site as well, and I still see no activity.
  6. Horatio Member

Meatwad comes to every protest, just doesn't post a lot.
  7. MrAnonV Member

whenever i text or call him, it takes him awhile to get back to me. so just wait a couple hours and he should get back to you
  8. Re: Chicago, IL - March 13, 2010

Millennium Park sounds great to me. Chances are, there'll be plenty enough stimulation for me out there as it is, so I have a feeling that will be plenty of action for me and I won't want to go anyplace else afterwards. We'll see though.

If anyone wants to, I wonder if it would be a good idea to get going in the late morning for this one. Might be able to catch some of the people wandering around after the dyeing of the river as well as catch the zerg rush of people around 11:20 am or so who are making their way to the parade. That said, I'll probably want to just sleep in and start later, plus I don't want to make the protest into the marathon for myself.

MrV - sent you a PM!
  9. 9376 Member

I'll get there at noonish and go till whenever people leave.
  10. Horatio Member

I'm good for getting there early strong strength. But then again I am a protesting machine.
  11. 9376 Member

If body wants to go early, though, I will. I don't have any fliers left, though, so I'll have to keep moochin' off the group stash
  12. Anonymous Member

Pretty sure this is a non-issue, but just in case: Millennium Park is reminding people that there's no alcohol allowed in the park except on the Great Lawn during concerts. They don't want anyone boozing it up out there because of the holiday.

As much as I would like to be arrested and detained with a bunch of people singing "Go Cubs Go", I'll be saving any drinking for well after the event.

Mooching? Aww hells naw. Getting them into the hands of interested people is just doing the group a favor. We'll be there with a bunch of fat flier stacks as always.
  13. Gottabrain Member

GREAT GUNS, CHIANONS, YOU'RE FAMOUS AGAIN!! (Great job, youse guys)

bonnie_clyde_465x402.jpg
  14. Anonymous Member

Another CA in the making.
  15. Anonymous Member

visiting a buddy of mine that weekend. i may pop in to see how you chifags are doin. might be a good learning tool. i could bring some shit and i can take come shit back with me.
  16. Anonymous Member

17. incog712 Member

I haz a confused. Oh well, not the first time!

18. Anonymous Member

19. Re: Chicago, IL - March 13, 2010

hello.
    lots of [strike]ammo[/strike] news this year, calling off work.
    see you's at noon.

[mod]I can only assume that ammo = news coverage worthy of sharing, but given recent events and whatnot please use clearer language in the future kthx[/mod]
  20. Re: Chicago, IL - March 13, 2010

You think you'll be there by 11:30 or thereabouts? I'm now leaning towards getting there a little earlier than noon, if anyone else is gonna be there too. Mostly because I want to catch the people going to the parade, and I want to set out a little early anyway in case the traffic on the el lines is messy because of the holiday.

Don't mark me down for 11:30 in stone yet, because I might still change my plans depending on someone I have to talk to, how tired I am, how bad the weather is that day, etc. I'll probably decide for sure closer to the event, but I won't do so without saying so here first, at least.
  21. Horatio Member

I'm pretty sure I can get their around 11:30, but I'll only go if others do, one anon is already asking for trouble, one anon in the middle of St. Patrick's Day is a recipe for disaster.
  22. MrAnonV Member

why have only one recipe for disaster, why not 50?
    click the link fool
  23. MeganonOT8 Member

great find MrAnonV :D
  24. Anonymous Member

So, you guise planning for 11:30?
  25. Re: Chicago, IL - March 13, 2010

Yeah, I have a better idea of what I'm doing now. I should be there with a friend by 11:30. (The friend I'm referring to is someone who doesn't post super often, not a reference to Horatio, whom I don't speak for. Although I guess it sounds like he might be there too.)

Weather looks like it might blow chunks, but we shall see.
  26. frogboots Member

sup assbutts?

A pair of MN anons are going to be in town for the weekend and we are planning on stopping by sometime while you're out there. Don't be surprised when Meatwad suddenly gets punched in the dick -- it's just the Minnesotan way of saying hello.
  27. 9376 Member

<3 mnanon

Looks like I may have a struggle getting out there for this raid. I may or may not make an appearance. We'll see.
  28. Horatio Member

I've got some bad news, this will probably be my last protest. Didn't get fair gamed or anything exciting like that, just personal problems are going to make it impossible to protest with you guys anymore. I'll try to go to Boston, but I'm not sure. I really enjoyed my time with you guys and I hope you have the best of luck.
  29. Re: Chicago, IL - March 13, 2010

Nooo! Tell me you're just trolling.

You have been an awesome help for us and will be greatly missed in the future. Thanks for helping out as much as you have, as well as just plain making things fun. I'm talking fun for us, for the public, everyone.

I feel lucky to have been able to protest alongside you, and your efforts will not be forgotten. Someday I'll look back on all this stuff and remember that crazy cool dude who could seriously break it down and didn't afraid of anything.

If something with your situation changes, feel free to come by and say hi to us again, okay? The door's always open. Otherwise, see you Saturday for your swan song. :(
  30. Anonymous Member

Hi Minny!

Also, for the person who has the Pac-Man sign, is it possible you could bring it tomorrow? Cuz that would be swell.
  31. Horatio Member

I have it, I'll bring it.
  32. Anonymous Member

I know something you don't know faggots! Just wait til the protest and see.
  33. Shadowflare Member

Awesome protesting with you guys on this cold, windy, green and drunken day. Hell of a lot of foot traffic, lots of honks of support from passing traffic. Looks like you had some newfags there too.

Until next time GENTLEMEN.
  34. 9376 Member

What did you know that we didn't, anon?

Also, anyone else having trouble logging in to CSN?
  35. MrAnonV Member

CSN is fine for me
  36. frogboots Member

It was a good raid. It was a good time.

As an aside, when are you Chicago people coming to MN? Wouldn't you love to come to a wide open sidewalk right in front of a Scientology Org where the cops love us and tell the Scientologists to stop calling them? Wouldn't you love loud music and no rent-a-cops on segways... scratch that, we got dicks on segways, but they have no authority. Lulz. We got delicious burritos waiting for you.
  37. 9376 Member

I would like all of this
    Very much...

I will go up with any other interested parties in Chicago cell. Or alone.
  38. GreenShoes Member

Newfag here
    Just moved back to the chicago area, I'll be there next protest and I'd be willing to go on that trip.

Also i need a mod on CSN to Activate my account "Anon420" the email is a one time use for anonymity reasons =]