Customize

Chicago - August 14th, 2010 - Planning

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Strong Strength, Jul 20, 2010.

1. 9376 Member

Re: Chicago - August 14th, 2010 - Planning

FUCKIN RECEIPTS, HOW DO THEY WORK?

Also, I don't see me not going to this monthly.
  2. MrAnonV Member

but u said u were, this was going to be my big return!
  3. Gemanon Member

Dude, I'm coming!

I'm quite new to anonymous and, after spending a solid 3 hours reading about Chanology and the like, I'm going to do my best to make it to the protest on the 14th. I have a friend IRL who is a slightly more seasoned member of Anonymous and hopefully she will accompany me.

A question: Is one expected to bring their own flyers/posters/ect? It's not a problem if that's how things go, I just don't want to show up empty handed and look like a n00b :p
  4. 9376 Member

I don't see me NOT going to this.
  5. 9376 Member

Just running it by you guys:
    chicagosaysno.tk
    I can do whatever graphics work when I have a bit more design time.
    If popular vote deems it proper, the site is open to suggestions.
    Just lemme know now if ya don't like it so I don't waste time doing any further work on it :3
  6. Re: Chicago - August 14th, 2010 - Planning

Dude! 2ymukab.gif

No, you're not expected to. It's totally your call - of course you can bring and use your own stuff if you wish. But we also have plenty of extra signs and fliers that you can use. So don't worry about showing up empty-handed, because we can remedy the empty-hands issue quickly. :D

Especially since it'd be your first time out, you may just want to pop by and see what it's like before going bonkers on a custom sign-making project. Or not; it's up to you!

Ha, I just finished setting up a skeleton forum over at chicagosaysno.userboard.net, but I'm happy to use yours, especially since I don't want to admin anything, and I'm sure you know what you're doing. The main questions that come to mind are:

- Would all the stuff at your place be viewable without having to log in? (I think it's more convenient that way and it gives new people the ability to lurk without having to bother registering.

- Are there any sorts of restrictions (naughty language or content)?

- How good is the spam filter?

- If it gets DDOS'd or otherwise goes kablooey, does it harm you in any way? (I dunno if, for example, you'd have other web stuff hosted on the same server.)

I don't know what sort of heavy graphics work or bells and whistles it might need - I like simple and plain forums. Add a few more subforums and, assuming the above points are non-issues, I don't see why it isn't good to go.
  7. 3rdMan Member

I nominate Metgyr as co-administrator if we move there...well you guys technically but in spirit of Chicago you get the idea.
  8. 9376 Member

This can be arranged quite easily. Right now I have the "Welcome" area visible to guests and "members" area to registered users (Montlies and flash raids). Simple fix to make it all visible.

Not put in place by any higher power or anything, but if it's desired then I can add a filter script. Generally there shouldn't be much of a reason to post dicks everywhere.

No bots or crawlers permitted, moderation is simple and clean. I think there's a recaptcha for registration.

It's hosted completely free without limits. They wouldn't be hitting any of my personal sites and I don't think a DDoS would actually work (They'd either be hitting my.dot.tk or the forum host)
    On the note of free: I don't see a solid reason to upgrade accounts at the moment, but if one comes up I will pay up.

I wouldn't want the site to be heavy or anything, but I think a splash page would be nifty. Everyone loves a well-designed, well-updated homepage

Addendum: I think it's pretty important to have a local site. We can direct locals to WWP if they're interested, but if they aren't extremely savvy when it comes to forums they may find WWP overwhelming. Something smaller and more to the point for a locally-minded individual would be efficient. Hence my wanting a home page as well. Something with easily accessible info, vidoes, pictures, links, and isn't a wiki (because that shit dies each time it comes back to life.)
  9. anonx3 Member

Reappearing as I realize that no, chanology did not die out like for some reason I thought it had. (I am pleased.) I have already made plans for the 14th and won't be around in September, but barring mischief (i.e. forgetting again) I will plan to make it in October.

I was around at the start of all this but not near any protesting locations until I moved to Chicago -- and then after moving I forgot about actually going to protest. The first few months didn't work out for me schedule-wise, you see. Now that I know it's not dead on its back I'll do my best to support, despite not being able to, y'know, go protest myself for a while.

Good on you, Chicago anon. Don't let it die. :) I'll be watching this thread and others for info on Chicago-specific forums (I know I was a member of one ages ago...I think it was the one with ads) so I can stay updated and not be a dumbass again. :(
  10. Anonymous Member

will Famous Chicago Anon Nigger be with you again this time?
  11. metgyre Member

i second this motion

two negatives do make a positive

prolly not. hasn't been to one in a while

DUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!1!111!!!!!1G!!W!!!LK1
  12. Anonymous Member

There exist unsubstantiated rumors that there may be candy for the anons this month.
  13. 9376 Member

He comes and goes as he pleases, not unlike every other anon.

Regarding site administration/moderation: I'm not even going to worry about that until I'm sure everyone's on board with another site change. I can transfer the .tk domain name to another site if that is what is desired. We just really needed a website that isn't a complicated URL. Something easy to send interested passers by to, something short(ish) to put on flyers, etc.

chicagosaysno.forumup.com might as well be chicagosaysno.on.nimp.org for all these people care, that extra part to the URL kills a lot of interest.
  14. Anonymous Member

(Shit's about to get real in this post!)

I'll have extra sunblock in little tear-open packets if anyone wants it. Otherwise, enjoy your malignant melanoma.

Don't forget to bring a drink to quench your boundless thirst and irrigate the arid desert that will be your throat.

(Protesting is serious business.)
  15. 9376 Member

CALL ME FLAKEY, KING OF FLAKES
  16. Anonymous Member

No U
  17. The Blue Jay Member

I FUCKING FINALLY DID IT GUISE!

I FUCKING FINALLY DID IT!

IT TOOK ME NEARLY 7 MONTHS BUT I DID IT!

.... I don't work on saturdays no more :D