Customize

CCHR at Concordia University (Montreal)

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by N. Ron Rubber, Apr 14, 2009.

1. puck35 Member

Re: CCHR at Concordia University (Montreal)

Don't be surprised if they give you another lame reasoning for this. I doubt their official line will ever reflect what really went on behind closed doors.

I don't think the CCHR would have canceled the event. If it was indeed Concordia, then that means they never believed any of the crap they spewed about academic freedom and debate. It's also possible Grape convened his top-secret risk assessment committee (which has been proven to exist in spite of many denials; see http://www.macleans.ca/education/postsecondary/article.jsp?content=20070921_201324_824) and they decided Scilon money wasn't worth the pain of another shitstorm of emails, days of protests outside the library building, and another ten tons of bad publicity.
  2. Anonymous Member

Puck, doing the exact same search as before it appears the Oct Exhibit has been removed. However, they might also only be listing stuff a few months out now. They might also have removed the CCHR thing until closer to October.
  3. fitch2000 Member

The very first bit of that pamphlet sets off my BS meter, no way is there 12,000 psychiatric hospitals in the US. Most hospitals have psychiatric wings or floors but even if you counted all those as "psychiatric hospitals" I still don't see how they came up with 12,000.

AHA : Resource center : Fast Facts on US Hospitals
    Total Number of All U.S. Registered * Hospitals

4. puck35 Member

In that case, we'll keep checking, unless someone is able to get Grape to confirm the event has been canceled.
  5. Anonymous Member

That's what we're after!

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/8-ed...-reports/cchr-response-project-content-44019/
  6. Re: CCHR at Concordia University (Montreal)

Well, this thread (and other communications) have drawn me to join you, anons; I had considered joining in the past, but ever since the day I went with to the office of the VP services with another student and talked to a helpful director, I haven't quite gotten the Scientologist exhibit out of my head.

Also, one thing that has really astonished me is the sheer amount of info you guys have collected -for example, I had no clue Cardinal Ouellet had spoken out against Scientology -this bodes well for a good portion of the province's population (myself included) as it does further benefit to justify chanology as a fight for the greater good.

So anyway, to contribute, I had mentioned offsite that Dr. Joobert had received some kind of blackmail (the knowledge reaching me through an acquaintance who is familiar with Dr. Joobert (the excellent Pyschiatrist interviewed on CTV)).

Story thickens in that it may be possible this was actually an Anon's warning hilariously misinterpreted.

More to come.
  7. Anonymous Member

Welcome sir. Anon always delivers and one of its force is the collection of information, as you can se.

You can get more details on Cardinal Ouellet and Anonymous here:

Letter to Cardinal Ouellet from Anonymous Qu├ębec
    Article in Le Soleil concerning the letter
  8. Re: CCHR at Concordia University (Montreal)

I appreciate the welcome. The one thing is I'd just kindly ask (if it's possible), that the quoted portion of my previous post be corrected in light of what has been pointed out to me as somewhat unfortunate slip of the tongue. Thanks.
  9. Ann O'Nymous Member

Misspelling is the least of our sins.
  10. Anonymous Member

I had completely forgotten about this... So did it occur?
  11. Anonymous Member

Nop.
  12. puck35 Member

No. I personally went through the library atrium several times during the week the CCHR was to have returned to make absolutely sure it had been canceled.

This also shows that Concordia never believed any of that "academic freedom" and "respectful discussion and debate" bullshit in their obtuse form letter, otherwise they wouldn't have canceled the October exhibit. And given the shitstorm Anonymous created with harpoons, a raid, and media coverage that embarrassed the fuck out of the university, I'm sure they didn't want a repeat of all that times ten.

We won.
  13. Anonymous Member

I've been following the Something Awful thread about this, could you update it and give the goons an update? (lol pay to register on forum)
  14. puck35 Member

Not going to pay, sorry. If you're registered there, by all means direct them to this thread.
  15. Anonymous Member

ok
  16. moarxenu Member

Did the Montreal Gazette report on the French convictions? *gloats*
  17. HellRazor Member