Customize

CBS News Uses WWP Home Page Pic

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Anonymous Member

Re: CBS News Uses WWP Home Page Pic

Let's sue them and get TV time for Chanology
  3. Anonymous Member

Wow. Way to go for accuracy, CBS news. While individuals might be using botnets, the majority of attacks have come from users who've deliberately downloaded a program that allows their computers to be used for the DDoS attack. There's no exploitation going on here.

Could this be more biased?
  4. Anonymous Member

5. Sponge Member

I suppose that's what you get for creating an iconic graphic. It will get used and abused.

cbsherpderp.jpg
  6. BusinessBecky Member

Journalism at its best...
  7. Rockyj Member

Idiots! Should they be contacted to know the truth?
  8. mojo Member

9. veravendetter Member

US Nickelodeon news once again! Love the low-fi CG of the slave-zombies firing lightning into Castle Greyskull!
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting this is representative of American intelligence, but you USfags (see how i used the polite version) must get sick of having such a retarded media. It's like it's ground down to a pap for the stupid citizens to understand, then dressed in tinsel to make it sweet like a jolly rancher.
  10. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I already mentioned this in another thread:

11. Anonymous Member

That's pretty much it.
  12. Anonymous Member

Since the media is uninformed as the general public....
    and the general public is of course informed by them...
    and there are many new visitors to this site, it may be a good idea for the mods to add a message in RED to the home page?
    Perhaps a READ FIRST prompt with a link to Rufus's thread?
    Since that is where most new visitors will go first?
    just sayin....
    Will also post this in Rufus's thread
  13. veravendetter Member

I realise ALL media does this to some extent, but the US bulletins just seem to have that certain 'quality' that makes me think I'm watching Brasseye
  14. Anonymous Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see that sort of thing attempted here:

"O hai guis, I'm new here and I haz a sooper program to shut down the governmentz. PM me and we'll have sum fun!"
  15. Anonymous Member

Bloody CBS, they probably did like 10 minutes research (if any) and 'omg omg haxors on steroids!' it, they're sortta the Canucklehead version of Fux News, maybe a little quicker on the uptake though and not as sniney.
    Wonder if Rufus would mind me firing along his awesome explaination of WWP Anon and anonymous to them and maybe CBC too?
    Rufus?
  16. Anonymous Member

If you are suggesting this is NOT representative of Americunt intelligence (see how I used the correct version) then you are, indeed wrong.

However, we are not sick of having such a retarded media.
    Not at all.

What troubles us most, is the dire lack of Cat Detector vans cruising the streets day and night, scanning for an unlicensed Cat. For those who pay our Cat License fees dutifully every year, it is a crying shame to see these wanton lawbreakers enjoying the use of unlicensed (and unapproved) Cats everywhere.

So, its a tradeoff.
    We get morans and feral unlicensed felines. And poorer quality of programming.

You get what you got. (a brain!)

:shrug:
  17. Ogsonofgroo Member

Batten the hatches, shitstorms a-commin'. Sheesh.

catmissiles.jpg
  18. veravendetter Member

tee-hee :)
  19. Re: CBS News Uses WWP Home Page Pic

I would prefer if it were tailored a bit for the target audience first.

I was thinking about working on it myself later today, but I wont have time for that for several hours.
  20. Anonymous Member

Gotcha, good idea.
  21. Anonymous Member

Rufus?
  22. MCs finest Member

There's no denying the intelligence of the American media. half of our news networks are either corrupt or have a politcal agenda they believe is right. Either way the media has and always will use their power they have over the public. Fear. Think about it when was the last time anyone has heard GOOD news? You hardly ever do because the GOOD news doesnt make headlines or gain popularity unless the public is convinced that something should be done. For example forever and a day ago before global warming it was "save the rain forest" or "we are depleteing our world's natural resources".

The networks that aren't slanted are hardly popular for that very reason. The fact that people will just beleive the news because its contained in a box with colors that only famous people get to be inside of is just sad.

Like he said above. they probably did 10 mins of research because that's all they needed to make a headline.
  23. Anonymous Member

Don't blame us. We grew up watching Benny Hill.
  24. MCs finest Member

it was the theme song that would get us. i wont lie. XD
  25. xenubarb Member

What truth?
    That their graphic of people in GF masks is the wrong bunch of anons in GF masks?
  26. Re: CBS News Uses WWP Home Page Pic

In fact it may behoove us to draft a formal press release on behalf of Project Chanology to clarify what Anonymous actually is.

However I do think CBS deserves special attention.
  27. Anonymous Member

News staff may have done a quick search of images for their story and liked that one. If that's the case, I suppose we should be flattered.
  28. Re: CBS News Uses WWP Home Page Pic

It wasn't just the graphic it was definitely a screen cap of whyweprotest.net

In the video you can see the three protesters from the main page and the top of "FORUMS" as it appears on our main page.

They were implying that WWP is involved in Operation Payback.
  29. Sponge Member

Just watching Russia Today on TV right now. They interviewed Swedish Pirate Party member. In the backgound they were using treated video graphics of GF mask-wearing protesters from scientology protests. I guess there isn't really any other footage of what they perceive as "anonymous" to pretty-up their news reports. The other cliche of spotty gits sitting in a basement amid piles of Red Bull tins and Ramen cartons is probably not dramatic-looking enough.
    Btw, the Pirate Party member said it in one, about denial of service "information war", in that it goes opposite to what wikileaks is supposed to be about.
  30. LocalSP Member

Great Jebus Christ even I, an old fuck, who has only been online 4 years knows the difference. This is nothing more than the effects of lazy journalism. They run with a story that is spoon fed to them and pass it off as fact.
  31. another123 Member

cbshurpderp.jpg
  32. da5id Administrator

HuRBf.pngh.png
  33. xenubarb Member

Nah, I think they just did a google image search and found one they liked.
  34. Anonymous Member

By the way people, while this is going on and the site is getting a lot of attention- do try to be on your best behavior.
  35. Anonymous Member

pfft, I say make an accurate first impression rather than a good one. That way we don't need to explain when we suddenly become uncivilized and angry.
  36. Anonyfruit Member

37. Trouble Moderator

/thread
  38. Anonymous Member

Can haz I rule 34 on Katie or do I have to go to TD?
  39. veravendetter Member

I agree. Obviously don't take flak for things that are nothing to do with the site, (like illegal activity), but in terms of discussion and view point, second guessing everything we say to 'tailor' it for press consumption is the thin end of an ugly wedge. This isn't fucking New Labour, and although i see no point in pouring fuel on the fire with irresponsible troll posts the press won't be able to decipher, I for one resent being told to put my thoughts through the 'spin machine' before I express them.
  40. Anonymous Member

/r/ing gorespam
    also; YouTube - Bad Reputation - Half Cocked