Customize

Canadian Office of Religious Freedom opening soon

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Anonymous, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Anonymous Member

Will this office also protect people's right to be free of religion?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Canada and the US have enough problems with religion in their own countries without trying to assist other countries with their religious problems.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DeathHamster Member

Spot on.
    • Agree Agree x 6
  5. Anonymous Member

6. Anonymous Member

Canada has already unceremoniously shuttered their embassy in Iran, in apparent solidarity with Israel [sic], and probably under no small amount of pressure from the US government.

Canada: soon to be yet another satellite of the US Empire. Pat yourselves on the back, Candians.
  7. Anonymous Member

Woss "high fallutent"?

Loud Mouth Women? Well.. 'nuff said :p
  8. Well, I'm an ex-Mormon, humanist, atheist, environmentalist, liberal (AND PROUD OF IT!!!), Green (what Democrats used to be), and I hope to be a drunkard and a pagan idolater one day. I would be sophisticated swine, but I just farted. In public. And expressed my pride in it. Aside: what the fuck is a PK?
  9. Anonymous Member

Player Killers.
  10. Ah. I'm not an MMORPG fan. If I were, though, I'd love PKs as the lulzfags they are.
  11. Anonymous Member

Preacher'''''''''''''''''''''''s kid
  12. Quentinanon Member

In the U.S., government is not supposed to get involved in religion, but the federal government has an office of international religious freedom.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

The nonprofit Freedom From Religion Foundation works to educate the public on matters relating to nontheism, and to promote the constitutional principle of separation between church and state. The Foundation is the nation's largest association of freethinkers (atheists, agnostics and skeptics) with over 18,000 members.

Since 1978, the Foundation has acted on countless violations of the separation of state and church, and has taken and won many significant complaints and important lawsuits to end state/church entanglements.

http://ffrf.org/
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Anonymous Member

It's OK for them to be involved in other country's religious crap.