Customize

Campaign Contributions to Riverside County Board of Supervisors From COS

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Sam Urai, Jul 29, 2009.

1. LilDebbie Member

Re: Campaign Contributions to Riverside County Board of Supervisors From COS

it's not made in the name of scientology. most states have a reporting requirement that all donors over a certain amount (typically $100) must also provide the name and address of their employer so watchdog groups can more easily follow the money, hence why golden era is tacked to her name.
  2. Anonymous Member

Oh... like Anonymous?
  3. RightOn Member

That line was copied from a former post.*( see link)
    Not from me.
  4. Anonymous Member

Is it confirmed she is sea org ? Could this person be someone who is working out at gold but has her own business/job and CAN afford those donations ?
  5. LilDebbie Member

ah, lrn2quote then.
  6. RightOn Member

yeah I know.
    at least I did provide the link.:)
  7. happy feet Member

Its perfectly legal. As Smurf tried to say, so-and-so works at Gold.. They are tasked with giving a campaign contribution. Suddenly their employer sends them $1000 extra this week and they then give a $1000 campaign contribution. Certainly Golden Era has lots of discretionary bonuses etc.

There can also be campaign fundraising events where I've seen employers pay for employees to attend but the contributions have to be written out in each individuals name.
  8. LilDebbie Member

lol what

no, that is decidely illegal, just hard to prosecute.

and if you have seen that sort of thing going on elsewhere, you should report it to your state campaign finance board.
  9. AmNotaMouse Member

10. Re: Campaign Contributions to Riverside County Board of Supervisors From COS

Good luck with the race, Jeff, I hope you one day reach your goal of becoming human!
  11. themadhair Member

Is Golden Era 501(c)3 ? Would seem worth asking.
  12. Herro Member

No, what you're describing is fraud but it's basically impossible to prove.
  13. Sponge Member

In the meantime, get it in the press. Make a few insinuations, raising questions. Then see who crawls out of the woodwork to bawww. Potential for footbulletry.
  14. Anonymous Member

It might actually be super simple to prove, just by following the money, which a regulatory body with subpoena power could do. A good prosecutor might even help them incriminate themselves by their own statements. You see, Scientology staff are often delusional about how the law works, even some of their legal staff. Yes, even more delusional than some anons.

I won't say any more about specifics here, just encouraging anons to report this to both the regulators and the competing campaings (both Republican and Democrat).
  15. Smurf Member

Wow. You're just a bag of positive energy & affirmation aren't you?

Why exactly are you on WWP again?
  16. Anonymous Member

Not impossible to prove. For a regular Joe, then yes. But not impossible for the gubbment.

If C of S gave Muriel Dufresne a bonus of $1,000, then that should be on her pay stubs and reported to the IRS as income.

I'll bet no such transaction occured.

And remember, C of S considers their employees as "volunteers". So what the hell would they be giving a volunteer a "bonus" for? These "volunteers" receive a weekly "allowance" of $50/week.
  17. Smurf Member

Scientologists are masters at money laundering and financial fraud. Google is your friend. Challenging this would be a monumental waste of time unless you happen to get orgasms beating dead horses.
  18. The Shadow Member

[JOKE REMOVED TO AVOID ACTION FROM INFRACTION-HAPPY MODS]
  19. Anonymous Member

[REDACTED DUE TO MODS INFRACTING ANYONE WHO CRITICIZES THEIR PET MORALFAG TROLL]
  20. The Shadow Member

lol hivemind
  21. Re: Campaign Contributions to Riverside County Board of Supervisors From COS

Are there any exs who can attest that this type of activity happens and if so, would that testimony be useful?
  22. Herro Member

For news stories yes. For the courts, not as much.
  23. Anonymous Member

Golden Era Productions is a fictitious business name (DBA) for Church of Scientology International. It's recorded in Calif public records.

Since CSI is 501(c)3, then so too is Golden Era Productions.
  24. ARC Member

Herro is not really a "moralfag". He's just manifesting a personality which ignores the obvious and plays dumb most of the time, but sometimes his objections have a point to them. You can probably safely ignore him most of the time, or just calmly explain your point, but if Herro makes you lose your composure, you need more training. Just try to pretend every post here is anonymous - it's the content that matters.

I think we were talking about reporting suspicious campaing contributions. Califags report?
  25. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Trufax. Why just last week, he made a point.

Which is why nobody noticed that he made a point.
  26. JohnnyRUClear Member

It just occurred to me that this donations "thing" might be a nifty excuse for Baca to do a story about the surprisingly low pay Scilons get.
  27. Haruhi Member

I lol'd. Hard.

Also, I'm digging the juxtaposition you've got going there with "moralfag" and "troll" right next to each other. It's very artistic.

You're right about the pet thing, though. I make him sleep at the foot of my bed with a collar on.
  28. Ann O'Nymous Member

No contradiction here, IMHO.
  29. mrfyde Member

noted.

I certainly have not seen them talking about this in court, but to be fair the people who claim these things are talking about small time contributions to small time campaigns that happened years ago that would not likely be in the statute of limitations and anyone in the position to see these things happen with in the statute of limitations more than likely wouldn't want to call attention to it.

Other than being inside the statute of limitations, complaints have to be filed for things like this to see a court. I feel confident that many of the same people who would talk to the press would also like to talk to a judge, but we are not the prosecutors in Riverside county (Stone's son is - I think) and we don't get to decide what cases are brought before the courts.

Regardless things like this DO happen and only if the person the politician is running against complains and IF the press picks the issue up will anybody ever "get caught". If or when that is the case it would most likely be the politician who is prosecuted (in the press not the courts) and basically the only thing he or she would have to do is return the money and say "I had no idea, this certainly isn't the type of thing I condone and would not have accepted the money if I knew where it came from. "
  30. Haruhi Member

It's ok, Ann. We're willing to excuse you since we know that English isn't your first language. :)

Inb4:
    Funny, coming from you.
    So interesting.
    SMB Rule #XX
  31. Herro Member

Total Posts
  32. Ann O'Nymous Member

1) Herro is not a moralfag, it is a nitpicker doing it for the lulz (no problem with that).
    2) I am a moralfag and get some credit as a troll; ergo no contradiction.
    3) Thank you for your useful contribution...
  33. Smurf Member

friend_8.gif
  34. Ann O'Nymous Member

Thank you.
  35. determu Member

At the moment i live in riverside

Our population for the most part is
    A. Old people
    B. Hispanic

I can bring it to the attention to the people of riverside not alone of course

What most people don't know about riverside is two things

1. Strangely we have a very large Latter day saints population
    2. We have a very large Non domination and baptist population

Most latter day saints non denominational Christians won't like that sort of connection.

If anyone can send me hard proof (either PDF or new story's or hyperlinks) to campaign funding done through the Scientology, I'll try to get it to the right people.

Om mani padme hung
  36. Smurf Member

The Mormon Church has long been compared in a variety of ways with Scientology. They don't enjoy the "connection" nor being referred to as a "cult," but it is nothing new to the church or its members.

You can ply the Latter-Day Saints with truckloads of info regarding Scientology and they will not respond. It is no secret either that Jeff Stone's chief-of-staff is a devout Mormon.

The Christian community has long clumped the LDS in with Scientology as cults. Both have a confirmed record of hiding documents that pokes holes in the relevancy & credibility of their churches.
  37. Re: Campaign Contributions to Riverside County Board of Supervisors From COS

There's nothing strange about LDS presence in the Inland Empire. Mormons settled in San Bernardino as early as the 1850s.

Also, what Smurf said.
  38. parrotnut Member

NOT gonna happen, the residents of Riverside County KNOW he has no humanity (we question whether he`s human). He sometimes seems like a thoroughly indoctrinated rondroid.
  39. determu Member

While i view LDS as being a little odd, I don't find them cult like perhaps some sects but not the majority that a person would run into.

The reason i pointed out the large christian population and the large LDS population was that they would be more inclined to be on our side, i would assume that most atheists and agnostics would view Scientology as they would view all religions which is superfluous and not needed.

My request was on specific information of wrong doing or even sliding around the system
    something to point out to the public even something just to shake the tree a little. at the moment it seems a little complex to explain to people and even harder to show someone without several documents present.

If you had to put it into a couple of sentences of what wrong doing was happening what would they be?

I see the evidence but it does not seem that damming, i do not wish for a Scientologist funded county supervisor, that in it self is not wrong in the public's eye.

If any evidence is up to my par, and can be put on a nice flier, Determu would be happy to pass them out/post them.

How say you?
  40. Uncle Bruce Member

I would suggest passing what ever suspicions you have along to his opponents campaign as well as Nathan Baca. If there seems to be any legitimacy to the accusations they will probably look into it. In the current political climate this type of thing is a hot button issue.