Customize

Campaign Contributions to Riverside County Board of Supervisors From COS

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Sam Urai, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Sam Urai Member

Campaign Contributions to Riverside County Board of Supervisors From COS

Just received the following email from AO, good information:

Our Riverside county supervisors are still getting plenty of money from Scientology through Alhadeff's[FONT=&quot] BUCHANAN, INGERSOLL & ROONEY law firm and Muriel Dufresne, who is in charge of PR for Scientology. She must have saved up her mere pittance salary very well to make these substantial contributions to most supervisors. People in Scientology reportedly make less than $50.00/week.[/FONT]

Please have a good look at these campaign contributions for unusual connections. Some of you know Riverside county much better than I do.

I'll post on ESMB, please post and discuss on the other sites.

Some interesting tidbits: Muriel's title keeps changing!

Muriel Dufresne: ($300 to Wilson)
    Partner
    Golden Era Production

MURIEL G DUFRESNE ($500 to Stone)
    PRODUCER
    GOLDEN SPRINGS PRODUCTION

MURIEL DUFRESNE ($360 to Ashley)
    PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENT
    GOLDEN ERA PRODUCTION

She forgot to use OSA!

BUCHANAN INGERSOLL & ROONEY PC ($1,860.00 to Ashley)
    Pittsburgh PA 15219

BUCHANAN INGERSOLL & ROONEY PC ($500 to Stone) (why so little?)

Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC Comm. for Eff. ($3,500.00 to Buster)
    State Gov't. (BIRPC PAC)

Buchanan, Ingersoll & Rooney ($2,850.00 to Tavaglione)

Samuel Alhadeff ($744.00 to Roy Wilson)
    Shareholder
    Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney

BUCHANAN INGERSOLL & ROONEY PC ($1,350.00 to Stone's senate campaign)

Stone has received many $3,900 contribuitons. Is that the limit?
    DANIEL CALLICOTT $3,900
    KATHLEEN CALLICOTT $3,900
    and others.

Stone has already raised $242,076.70 for his senate campaign.

Payments to MOUNT PALOMAR WINERY ($1,135.00) and other wineries for his fundraising)

Lorie Stone has been getting a lot less. Poor thing.

Don't forget Stone's fundraiser on July 30 !

Orange
  2. Ann O'Nymous Member

Re: Campaign Contributions to Riverside County Board of Supervisors From COS

Interesting.
  3. Smurf Member

Clearly, AO doesn't know how the political contribution's scheme works in Scientology and I won't waste my time trying to educate the dumbass. These contributions are in name only and does not come out of their own pockets. The cult pays them.
  4. firebug Member

5. Uncle Bruce Member

I'm not sure how things work in CA, but in most jurisdictions hiding the total amount of contributions by an organization by passing them to someone to donate in their name is problematical. I'm not saying anything illegal was done but it might be worth looking into.

(come to think of it, it's also problematic.)
  6. Sam Urai Member

I thought he was being sarcastic?
  7. Uncle Bruce Member

Perhaps he was. I was just thinking that if these same people made donations to other politicos and the total amounted to much it would be hard for them to justify on a small income.
  8. fitch2000 Member

By my count, no sleep so feel free to correct me, Lori has made (7,000*4+6,000) $34,000 for half a years work for Jeffie. Not bad. And there was 700 or some odd dollars for reimbursement to her. Wonder if that was for gasoline reimbursements? lol

Any body know if there is a way to find the pay of Muriel? The producer, PR rep, and w/e lol. We would have to prove she makes (for example) 2,000 a year and donated 3,000 to make our point. Ideas?
  9. Anonymous Member

I am not sure WE need to find out how much she makes, I am sure that she files income taxes if she is donating $3,000.

How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?

How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?
  10. PagAnon Member

in some cases, it IS illegal.
  11. Smurf Member

Nope. Not at all.

Note that Catherine & Muriel don't contribute as individuals, but as officers of Golden Era Productions. Speaks volumes.
  12. crockhat Member

Juicy dox are juicy.

Anyone have a way to point the ladies of Riverside (Lira Bishop et al) at these dox? I beileve the only fair thing to do is to present this information at the next rivercide meeting.
  13. RightOn Member

I thought I rememberd the laywer talking about contributions from DeFresne and himself in one of the earlier vids when they contributed the last time to Stone's campaign? I think he was defending their right as indivuals funding Stone's campaiign?

I thought he mentioned that it was someone's right as an individual to contribute to a campaign and totally legal or something to that matter?
    Or am I remembering this incorrectly?

Also If cult members are contributing as "partner and directors", doesn't it further show that they are a BUSINESS? DeFresne is a "partner of a church"?

I mean I would imagine COS is paying like Smurf said.... but doesn't show that they are a business more?
    and I guess Stone can no longer say that he is not being funded by the cult, especially if they are contributing as officers and directors of Goplden Era and not as individuals, which was their defense the last time they contributed.

Someone needs to put these contribution numbers on signs and leaflets and protest in TOWN and other areas, and of course bring it up at the next meeting. Also add this info to the Stone's Crazy Ass Allegations thingy.

Sign or leaflet can read:
    Scientology Funding Stone's Campaign
    Muriel DeFresne-total
    Cult Lawyer Alhadeff- total
    ans so on ......
  14. fitch2000 Member

*And he still owes Lori $8,000 so make it $42,000 for 6 months.

INNOVATIVE POLITICAL SOLUTIONS
    Temecula CA 92591-6169
    CNS $0.00 $8,000.00 $0.00 $8,000.00

05/26/2009 PROPOSITION 1A MCNALLY TEMPLE ASSOCIATES,
    INC.
    X
    X
    VARIOUS EXPENSES to oppose
    PROPOSITION 1A
    $450.19 $23,860.26

What was Prop 1A?

Jeff Stone a lot of "web" and email ads against it. Any body recognize any of these site or companies?

FLASHREPORT.ORG
    Newport Beach CA 92660-2520
    IND WEB AD to oppose PROPOSITION 1A $1,000.02

REDCOUNTY.COM
    Huntington Beach CA 92648
    IND WEB AD to oppose PROPOSITION 1A $1,764.75

ROUGH & TUMBLE
    Sacramento CA 95825-6869
    IND WEB AD to oppose PROPOSITION 1A $635.31

VOICEOFSANDIEGO.ORG
    San Francisco CA 94129
    IND WEB AD to oppose PROPOSITION 1A $3,529.50

COLSKY MEDIA
    San Francisco CA 94109-0216
    IND COMMISSION to oppose PROPOSITION 1A $320.

SAN DIEGO UNION TRIBUNE
    San Diego CA 92108-3003
    IND PRINT AD to oppose PROPOSITION 1A $5,440.00

PREMIER GLOBAL SERVICES
    Atlanta GA 30305-2438
    IND FAX BURSTS to oppose PROPOSITION 1A $226.59
    $

ELECTION MALL TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
    Washington DC 20004-2544
    IND EMAIL BROADCAST to oppose PROPOSITION 1A $350.00
    $

POLITICAL DATA, INC.
    Burbank CA 91507-1706
    IND EMAIL DATA to oppose PROPOSITION 1A $799.65
    $

SKYS THE LIMIT
    Sacramento CA 95821-3618
    IND WEBSITE DEVEL. AND HOSTING to oppose PROPOSITION 1A $6,293.09
    $
  15. fitch2000 Member

I just thinks it's interesting if Muriel is an employee/partner/producer/PR person for Golden Era Productions. Dang, does anyone else work there lmao?
  16. auchraw Member

[strike]In an ideal democracy this would be regarded as corruption.[/strike]

Forget it.
  17. Sam Urai Member

I'm sure these dox have been shared with Lira, et al. If they're not on AO's distribution list, people who are in touch with them are.

I believe this will come up at one of the Board meetings soon.
  18. Optimisticate Member

A whole lot could be done with this info, but it must be done quickly.

Link to ca.gov documentation on donation limits (yes, it's $3900 per individual): http://www.sos.ca.gov/prd/FACTS.pdf

Funny that Stone's contribution info isn't listed on the site. Only electronic filings make it there, and why isn't he doing that now that anything can be filed online? Does he just like paperwork, or is he trying to make info harder to come by?
  19. Sam Urai Member

I remember Stone saying he was able to take donations from anyone he wished.

The real issue here is that when so-called "religions" donate to political campaigns, the line of separation of church and state is being crossed. That's what we should hammer on.
  20. LilDebbie Member

not some cases. all cases. making proxy political donations is a direct violation of campaign finance law.

also, laws are being violated. it is flat out illegal for religious organizations to donate money to candidates. period.

of course, we have to prove scientology is funneling stone cash through proxy donors. if someone feels like digging, i'd recommend starting with the poorest "donors" and going through any and all financials you can get your hands on. you could try using the income data gleaned from the religious worker visa applications to show that there's no way in hell a sea ogre could afford to make such and such donation, which opens it up for investigation. granted, you need to get someone at the California Secretary of State - Political Reform Division to do that part since y'all probably aren't cops, but there are avenues.

and remember when you get frustrated with the lack of enforcement on the gubmint's part that they can't crack through scientology's liar tech any more than we can. it's kind of pathetic, but when every last member of a given group is willing to perjure themselves for the group, that group can get away with a lot, like murder for example.
  21. Herro Member

What they're doing isn't violating seperation of church and state. The Church of Scientology isn't donating money. These individuals are donating money. There is nothing wrong with that. Now if Scarff is correct that the church essentially gives them money to donate you could argue that they're gaming the system. I wouldn't be surprised if that is happening. But there's no real way of proving that is going on.
  22. fitch2000 Member

^^where oh where is Captain Obvious when you need him? oh there he is

o.0

thanks for your help Herro, you are too kind
  23. RightOn Member

ok, so it was Stone, not the lawyer who said it. I knew I remembered something.
  24. Anonymous Member

To add to this...

It's illegal for a CHURCH to get involved in the politics or lobby for particular candidates. It wouldn't be hard to report Muriel Mufresne for this because she doesn't earn enough money to make these kinds of donations. These donations HAVE to be from her employer.

Go Calif-fags and report this violation!
    (I'm not from Calif and wouldn't know where to report.)
  25. Anonymous Member

Muriel Dufresne doesn't make enough money to make these donations. She probably doesn't have a checking account that shows she has this kind of money.

Certain government offices would have the ability to track where her donation comes from. The first step is to report it along with the fact that she doesn't earn that kind of money, but that her employer IS interested in these candidates for their own preferential treatments.
  26. Herro Member

Maybe it wasn't as obvious as you thought? Well actually, it would be more accurate to say that it should be that obvious.
  27. RightOn Member

Don't know if this helps. I pulled these from other posts and such.
    Still do not know which vid it is where Stone says individuals can donate whatver they want. Anyone know which on it is from the Riversdie Meeting vids?

From another post:
    Other contributors included San Jacinto-based potato grower Agri-Empire ($5,000), Beaumont-based building and contracting company Baldi Bros. ($5,000), Supervisor Marion Ashley ($500), Beverly Bailey, CEO of Stronghold Engineering ($250), Muriel Dufresne, spokeswoman for Golden Era Productions, a division of the Church of Scientology ($250), and Charles Beaty, board president of the Riverside Unified School District ($100).

Note that her donation, made in the name of the Church of Scientology breaks some serious IRS laws. Non Profits (503c's) cannot influence legislation or fund political campaigns".

the above post is from the link below.
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/121-flash-raids/jeff-stone-fundraiser-raid-40861/4/

Contributors Search
    ElectionTrack.com: Keeping you in the Loop
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also found:
    Contributor Location Employer Occupation Amount Date Recipient
    Muriel Dufresne San Jacinto,, CA Golden Era Productions Director $300 11/09/07 RECIPIENT-Benoit, Friends Of John J.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Muriel G. Dufresne San Jacinto, CA Golden Era Productions Public Relations $250 05/28/07 RECIPIENT-Cook For Assembly 2008
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ms. Muriel Dufresne San Jacinto, CA Golden Era Productions External Affairs $200 06/30/07 RECIPIENT-Bogh Leadership Committee, Russ
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Campaign contributions

$218,696

Payments made

$444,115

Consulting, professional

payments to Lori Stone

$181,000

Campaign contributions

$302,390

Payments made

$266,769

Consulting, professional

payments to Lori Stone

$84,000

Campaign contributions

$342,412

Payments made

$268,009

Consulting, professional

payments to Lori Stone

$67,076

Source: Campaign finance filing

So this makes two years the cult have been giving to Stone? Since 2007
    or is it longer?
  28. firebug Member

Why in the donation to Stone, is she using the name Golden Springs Production and not Golden Era.
    Has anyone ever heard of Golden Springs Productions before?

Inb4 Golden Shower Productions
  29. Anonymous Member

Prove it.
  30. Optimisticate Member

Quickie search can't find a "Golden Springs Productions" before. Misrepresentation of the source of the donation should invalidate the donation in some manner and call all other donations from that person into question.

Oh look! It's a contact page: California Secretary of State - Elections & Voter Information - Elections Division Contacts

Let's see what happens....
  31. RightOn Member

So far Muriel has been labeled the following in the contributions list over the past 2 years:
    Productions External Affairs
    Productions Director
    Director
    Public Relations
    Producer
    Spokeswoman
    and also as an individual contributor
    Although I know people will argue that people do change jobs,(even though we know these titles are bogus for the most part) this doesn't look at all suspect to anyone who oversees the contributions?
  32. Anonynamefag Member

I love how Jeff Stone got the biggest donation (even if it is only $500). He's looking dirtier and more corrupt ever week.

EDIT: Also, was there anything interesting in the meeting yesterday?
  33. Optimisticate Member

34. The Shadow Member

I love this!

Make sure that B3 (Brass Balls Baca) gets all of this stuff.

TBH, I think Anonymous should now make it a priority to ruin this fucker's political career; full counter-campaign against him running for Senate, throw everything we've got at him.

As far as this thread is concerned, the biggest problem is going to be proving that the donations come from SCIENTOLOGY AS AN ORGANISTATION, if it's possible at all. As long as those individuals who donated can be PROVED to be Scientologists, that should help. Be sure when reporting this to the authorities to mention the whole Riverside shenanigans. That will help them join the dots.

Scientology donating through individuals, they may shoot themselves in the foot. In the same way that they like to call themselves a religion, but call themselves different things to dodge different laws, it may ultimately turn around and bite them in the ass. If the individual donating is blown wide open, they have no fall back. They can't turn around and say, "No, we were donating as an organisation", because then they really ARE fucked.
  35. Uncle Bruce Member

It wouldn't hurt to harpoon his opponents campaign about this. They have people who know all about the rules and would be all over a violation. Also the local media should be informed, starting with Nathan Baca.(sp?)
  36. Uncle Bruce Member

Just had a thought. Is Golden era productions considered the same thing as the CofS? Since they are a tax paying for profit business it might make a difference.
  37. fitch2000 Member

Yep. But is scientology smart enough to have been paying her a real salary if she works for the business and not the religion? or is she making sea ogre earnings?
  38. Optimisticate Member

39. Anonymous Member

Golden Era Productions is a DBA (doing business as) fictitious business name under Church of Scientology International.

It's been covered (and doxed) before.
  40. Anonymous Member

I'm not the government.