Customize

Camera Operators Needed In...

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Andy Downs, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Andy Downs Member

My name is Andy Downs and I am looking for people with production quality cameras in Jacksonville FL, Atlanta GA, and Nashville TN for the 58 November project.

My father was the first aircraft captain killed in a US hijacking Oct 4, 1971. He was killed 9 minutes after his plane landed in Jacksonville Fl when FBI agents opened fire on his plane. Once the FBI opened fire, the hijacker killed everyone on board the plane including my father.

My mother became the first US citizen to beat J Edgar Hoover in a wrongful death action in the legal case DOWNS vs USA 522 F.d2 990 Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals

I am working on a documentary called 58 November about the hijacking, my mother's battle vs Hoover/FBI, and the 7540 files I have learned that the FBI hid during the trial.

I am looking for camera people to help me shoot interviews of people who were either witnesses and or key players during this event. Most are now between the ages of 71 and 93 years old.

I understand Anonymous is not my personal army, nor do I expect this. I am hoping if there is someone out there in these areas that is inspired to be a part they will contact me.

These are some urls where I have uploaded documents on the case and or YouTube clips of interviews I have already shot.Most everything to date has been shot on Cannon C100 C300 or Cannon Mark5/7 type equipment

Please check these links out and if you are motivated to be a part please contact me Andy@58November.com
    http://58November.com
    Links
    Imgur
    http://imgur.com/a/7dTu9
    http://imgur.com/a/t3vU3

Archive.org site
    http://archive.org/search.php?query...llection:opensource AND subject:"58 November"

YouTube

2. Kilia Member

I sincerely wish you luck and success, Mr. Downs.
  3. The Internet Member

I'd help but all I have is an iPhone.
  4. Andy Downs Member

I appreciate both your thoughts very much. The situation I find myself in is capitulating by selling the project to a network just so that the project gets completed before the witnesses die. It will be commercialized, and any hope of control on my part will be lost.
    So if there are any activist camera people out there you hear of directly or indirectly, spread the word.

My sincere thanks and love to you both.
  5. Anonymous Member

Good luck on your film!
  6. Andy Downs Member

Thanks....I will finish it.
  7. Kilia Member

God speed and be well, Andy.
  8. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kilia Member

Yes! That is a splendid idea for Andy!
  10. Andy Downs Member

I
    I did an IndieGoGo campaign a couple of months ago and only raised $4k while someone's new version of Jackass raised 125k.
    Several Anons like OpPinkPower Doemela and many others help get word out. We had 78k hits in one month and still only raised $4k....I didn't get why it did not work better.
  11. Kilia Member

I'm so sorry to hear that, Andy, really I am. Wish I was rich and I could bankroll ya. :(
  12. Andy Downs Member

I was richer when I started a few years back...LOL
    I have spent at least 40k so far.
  13. Intelligence Member

I'll PM you contact info for a Cameraman :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Andy Downs Member

Thanks bro
  15. Poison Ivy Member

I'm a professional documentary filmmaker (not a shooter with her own pq camera, alas) but wanted to say, this looks like an award-worthy project and I wish you all the luck in the world.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Andy Downs Member

I really appreciate it. I will get this competed somehow. Any ideas are welcomed. If you can connect dots we could use a good EP who will fight for the film.