Customize

Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John & Irina Mappin and Ted Stourton

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by starborgled, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John & Irina Mappin and Ted Stou

...STORER ALLAN, STOURTON TED, STRAIGHT ROBERT, STRIEGEL JULIA...

Ted's next to Straight Robert...hahahalololol:cool::cool:

tDSC_0107.jpg
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John & Irina Mappin and Ted Stou

Congratulations to you and the Senior Editor a wonderful publication!
    That is also an excellent choice for the front cover, very strong.

Thanks for you help

.[IMG]

Best wishes to you.

Ted Stourton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  3. xenubarb Member

Meanwhile, back at the hotel...

Camelot Castle « Mj's Blog
  4. Anonymous Member

Amazing more of the same crap thats on the Camelot Castle Blog but in a slightly different order!

johnmappin.co.uk

You have been warned, an attempt one feels to help keep people away from

Camelot Castle Hotel and Scientology

When googling John Mappin lol!!
  5. GoogleMappin Member

People are very good judges of what they see :D
  6. Tiny Tim Member

Old article is old but one point made lol! :D

Winslet prepares to move in with ghost of Tintagel - Telegraph

This must be one busy Ghost!!!

And to follow up Kate Winslet sold the house without every doing a single thing to it rumour has it she didnt want her Child near....... well you know!! ;)
  7. DeathHamster Member

And on to the walls? Magical!
  8. GoogleMappin Member

Ghosts? Schmosts. That's a guest who's just been through the lightbox and been forced to buy a painting and Benji the Binman.
  9. Anonymous Member

Another is a nurse who wakes people as if giving them a bed bath late at night - no, that's Ted.
    and the other goes through the hotel's bins - Sure it's not starving members of staff?
  10. Anonymous Member

Ted doesn't wake people up to give them baths. He wakes them up to hard sell his "paintings."
  11. Anonymous Member

I really did lol out loud at this line.

Keep it up Ted, Bonhams and Phillips evening sales are just around the corner.
  12. GoogleMappin Member

These 'art publishers' have a lot in common with Scientology: both prey on damaged egos in order to suck money out of them. I've seen it a million times. The difference, however, is that the 'art publisher' usually just rips people off the once.

How sad to think that paying to be in a glossy book that no-one (except the saps featured in it) will ever read = success.
  13. Re: Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John & Irina Mappin and Ted Stou

(Long post-- I apologize)
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and I just wanted to add my thoughts to this thread. I had heard about the Camelot Castle about 3 or 4 years ago (maybe longer) from another artist friend through an online artists' group. She provided a link to CCH and their artists-in-residence program, where artists could stay for free. At the time, they were billing the place as a kind of commune for artists such as Ted where they could create art and be inspired by their surroundings. They portrayed the castle and surroundings as magical and inspirational, and as Ted was an artist and John was a composer, they wanted to encourage the arts for other artists and give them a break and some support. Artists stay for free in cornwall - Camelot Castle, Tintagel

I thought, "How fantastic! I would _love_ to be able to stay in a place like that for free (figuring I'd of course have to take care of my meals and actually getting there) to spend some time working on my art." So I tried to contact them via email (I'm in the U.S.) about the program but never heard back.

I would check in via the website link from time to time and see if anything new was happening (there wasn't usually) and I would check train and bus options to figure out how to get there if I ever got up the airfare. I emailed a couple of times inquiring about the a-i-r program and never heard anything.

At one point, I received an email about a new direction they were going with art, where they were encouraging artists everywhere to create 'places of inspiration' all over the world, and to even acquire property to turn into these places, like they did with CCH. And I thought that was fantastic, too, and sent yet another email saying so.

I still received no response, but a short time after I received the email about the whole Scientology thing (I guess I made it onto the email list, because I regularly receive emails now-- but they never say anything about the a-i-r program).

I didn't think too much about the Scientology thing, mostly because I just don't really care, I was more interested in the whole artistic movement thing. I received an email from John Mappin about Jim Carrey and a foundation he started with a link to it saying how he was a 'Friend of CC' and was joining them and supporting them in their 'mission' and they thanked him for his efforts. (Jim Carrey is not a Scientologist: Celebrity Critics of Scientology)

I went to Jim's site, and it is a very nice site with a very nice message about doing charitable things around the world, but he never once mentions CCH, or Scientology at all. Again, I didn't think much about that. Better U Foundation

I also received an email about Ted's inclusion in an artistic art compilation. I thought that was nice for him, and didn't look further into it (I still have all these emails in case anyone wants them). It's too bad that it's from a vanity press. (As an artist I have been approached by some of these things, too, but know them for what they are and ignore them.)

Today I was about to mention CCH and its a-i-r program to another group of artists, and wanted to make sure I had the right link, so I googled it, and up popped your forum.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am to hear the reviews and back story about these people and CCH. While I don't care for Scientology myself, I don't care if someone else wants to be part of it. I definitely do not want to spend my time there being hassled about it. I do not like the whole artistic movement being a lie and a front for a wacko organization. I'm sure some Scientologists are plain and simple very nice people, but I really dislike misrepresentation, and I despise when people delete uncomplimentary reviews and put up fake ones.

While I really hope that things aren't as bad as portrayed here, I am grateful that I have heard these stories before I've wasted any more time trying to get into this artist-in-residence program, and I'm certainly glad I haven't found myself stranded 4,000 miles away.

I am very disappointed that what I thought was a great artistic movement and sponsorship program is turning out to be a fraud. The whole idea of how they portrayed CCH as an artist's commune I thought was wonderful, and I really wish that's what was really happening there. :( :confused:
  14. Anonymous Member

Anonymous works and it helps people ;) Glad you found some truth about the CCH.

Most around here don't really care about people's beliefs (well maybe for a little humour now and again.) Rather this is an activist forum concerned with the abuses of scientology. Many of those abuses are far more egregious than wasting the time of artists hoping for a nice retreat environment.

Feel free to have a look around while you're here. Maybe you'll stay. Thanks for posting.
  15. xenubarb Member

Thanks for your perspective! It's interesting to see how the Mappin web spreads without them doing anything but maintain this moldy pile and shill online.

I always suspected the AIR offer was weapons grade bolonium, just like the rest of the Mappin hype.

Your statement, "I didn't think too much about the Scientology thing, mostly because I just don't really care, I was more interested in the whole artistic movement thing," is one attitude that keeps cult scammers rolling. I'm not berating or chastising you, it's just that, unless you know Scientology pretty well, you won't realize that the entire lure is built around drawing people into the cult. I've heard the same thing from people who got involved with CCHR, a Scientology front group that is opposed to pretty much everything involved with the mental health industry except their own quackery. "I don't care about Scientology, I just think they're overmedicating people." True that, but CCHR has its own hidden Scientology agenda.

Groovy artist commune? Nah, not there. Have you seen this pair of self-important, velvet-wearing dandies? Have you seen Ted's art? John Mappin's poetry and songsmithery are of equal quality; complex, sophisticated work that speaks to you and says, "My kid could do better than that, and she's nine."

They are the King Bees, the Artistes In Residunce, and the staff must bow to them. I suspect any lesser air (lower case, like it?) will be tugging forelock in the presence of The Masters.

That is, if the AIR actually existed, which if it did, seems like they would've gotten back to you by now.

But, what's that, you say? They're sending you promotional spam because now you're on their email list? So now, the Scientologists have your email address, and you got nothing. Scientology works, and it helps people spam the unwary!
  16. Anonymous Member

meadowfritillary, there's no free lunch. A free lunch would be out-exchange, which is illegal in Scientology.

Somehow your benefactors would make use of you as a "coin" or they'd off load you.

How do they do this?

First, they study you to learn your "ruin," the problem or fear that most troubles you. Then they demonstrate to you in a superficial yet frequently convincing manner some "tech" useful for overcoming that "ruin." Meanwhile, they talk you into running up debt for courses or auditing. Perhaps they'd make a deal: food, room, board, and a little work around the place to help pay off your debt.

Several years later you wake up and want out, but can't get out due to threats of being declared an SP, or threats to sue you for "freeloader debt."

Skip the whole trip for something better, something that leaves you free. Maybe you could find a group of 5-6 like minded artists willing to form a cooperative to rent a large studio space and share expenses. If the building has a sink and shower, you can put up partitions and make sleeping quarters.
  17. Re: Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John & Irina Mappin and Ted Stou

Meh. Not too concerned with the occasional email from CCH about Scientology; I can just delete it. I haven't read any of John's poetry, but I've seen some of Ted's pieces and some of them I kind of like (not my style, but it's nice for what it is), but I haven't looked in-depth to it.

I am surprised (though by now I shouldn't be) that there isn't anything I can find from other artists who have supposedly taken advantage of this offer. If it really was the deal they make it out to be, I personally know dozens of people who'd be all over it. So far no-one, (not even the chick who first mentioned it) has been able to say anything about it. Too bad, because I still think it's a really great idea.

The reason I was going to post the link to it is because another artist friend mentioned about two castles for sale in Ireland, and I suggested a group of us artists go in and buy one and make it a commune just like the one at Tintagel. So glad I double-checked that link before posting!!!!! (I did still suggest that a group of us go and buy it, but we'll do it right!)

I just scanned another post from a few days back that mentioned one of CCH guests was Nicholas Cage. I doubt it, since he actually made the spoof of Scientology with Jim Carrey!
  18. Krautfag Member

Here, have a cookie instead
  19. Re: Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John & Irina Mappin and Ted Stou

Thanks for that-- I think I will. I do know a lot of artists who were enamored of this idea, so we might just have to do it ourselves. (Actually, in some ways that's what the fantasy/sci-fi conventions we frequent here in the States are.) Larry Elmore runs a really great one several times a year, but they are super expensive.
  20. Re: Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John & Irina Mappin and Ted Stou

Fantastic! Thank you!!! (I should google artist retreats or a-i-r programs, I'm sure I'd find a lot!)
  21. Anonymous Member

On the subject of Artists in Residence, I have enquired of 3 separate friends/acquaintances who have all stayed at CCH, and none of them have said that they have seen or been introduced to the Artists by TS or JM whilst staying at CCH, neither have they seen the Artists in or around the Studios ( where you may expect to find them,perhaps? )

Having just read through the rather lengthy post, for which you should not need to apologise, I have finally seen 'THE LIGHT'

By which I mean that the whole CCH, Mappin, Stourton, Scientology 'thing' is COMPLETE AND UTTER BO££OCKS

TED, please stop the BU££SH*T

JM,when your next newspaper is published, why not print some good news, and tell us you and your rich cronies are emigrating to a Universe many Light Years away:rolleyes:
  22. hushpuppy Member

Warm welcome to WWP Meadow!

It is very gratifying to know that we were able to help expose the CCH exploitation scam to you <3 !

If you google Camelot Castle Hotel, the majority of the page 1 hits will be critical to CCH; good on you for researching before taking action :)

And if you have some extra time on your hands, check out this website from a local concerned citicen: http://googlejohnmappin.wordpress.com/.

Very informative :)
  23. Anonymous Member

Meadow, you can pick up property for very little money if you willing to live in, say, the greater Detroit area or Oklahoma. But when it comes to selling your work, you likely will need a big city.

Steel buildings that come on the back of a truck are a fast way to put up a large studio space.

Yurts are cheap and pretty sweet for living space.
  24. Anonymous Member

I'll just leave this here.

Anam Cara Writer's and Artist's Retreat
  25. Anonymous Member

Product Details

* Paperback: 272 pages

lulz
  26. Anonymous Member

'And now it is inspiring many more because Mappin and Stourton have turned their own castle with its 65 bedrooms into a haven where artists can stay free of charge as “artists in residence” , to tap into the mythological and natural beauty "free from any evaluation or invalidation.”

"In other words," Mappin says, "Artists can stay here for as long as they wish, (at Camelot’s discretion) no conditions imposed. In fact an artist is anyone who says they are one - writer, musician or whatever discipline - who is trying create a high quality of communication. We have had artists in residence from Africa, from Australia, indeed they arrive here from all over the world." '

The above is an excerpt from one of the many/burgeoning Camelot Castle Hotel web-sites

CASTLE......'pebble-dashed, granite bed and breakfast, built just over 100 years ago ( the architect killed himself with a shotgun at Bodmin Railway Station )

In fact an artist is anyone who says they are one

I say JM is one AN EX-CON-ARTIST :cool:

I say TS is one AN EX-P-ARTIST:cool:

DON'T BE CONNED BY THESE ARTISTS

stay at Boscastle, it's a lovely place...now;)
  27. Random guy Member

So, the whole "free stay for budding artists" is a sham! Neat to know, thanks for the info!
  28. Anonymous Member

Re: Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John &amp; Irina Mappin and Ted Stou

More from a previous web-site

COMPETITION

Camelot Castle is searching every town in the world for “The Most Beautiful Sleeping Baby” to use for their international advertising campaign as shown above. All entries to be submitted to Camelot Castle, Tintagel, England. PL34 ODQ.

The winning baby and parents will be awarded an international modelling contract with Camelot Castle Artist Management

bigbaby.jpg

More

Why is a Career at Camelot Castle one of the most exciting Career’s in the world today?
    Many apply and few are chosen. But, we are grooving in and helping to create the best hotel staff members and executives in the world. A Camelot Castle staff member will always take with them, wherever they go in the world, an unmistakable pride of purpose and professionalism that is fast becoming commented on and legendary across the hotel industry.

Graduates of our Basic Staff training program from our Camelot Castle in House Training Academy will receive a “Certificate of Training and Apprenticeship” and Graduates of our Executive Training Program receive a full “Certification in Business Management Skill” that is recognised all over the world.

A qualified Camelot Castle trained hotel executive has a level of trustworthiness and ability well in excess of the hospitality industry average and we are delighted to invite you to apply to become part of our dedicated team of professionals.

This is without question the most valuable education in business and management that a person can obtain on earth at this time.

We look forward to seeing you graduate and seeing the results that you create with the knowledge that you obtain during your time with us.

Irina Mappin
    Executive Director

To contact us email irinamappin@camelotcastle.com

For Camelot Castle sits the centre and at the axis of the universe of ALL story and ALL myth

More

We may be different at Camelot Castle, of that you can be certain. Your experience at Camelot Castle may indeed be a completely new one.

More

Indeed the local Newquay airport is getting quite used to the roar of Gulfstream jet engines as Stourton’s private collectors arrive from the far flung corners of the globe.

More

To try to describe the beauty of Stourton’s abstract realism in these works is a challenge that I will not attempt here as I simply cannot do it justice, however what I can tell you is that art critics from around the world have nearly unanimously acknowledged that beauty such as this has not been created and viewed since the time that Claude Monet dressed his salon in Paris. Nor has the excitement that is brewing in the art world been so great concerning the production of an artist since Picasso was creating in his prime.

Ted Stourton's &quot;Camelot - By Way Of...&quot; - His new album's minisite

ENJOY:eek:
  29. Random guy Member

and
    Isn't there a law against false advertising in the UK?
  30. Anonymous Member

31. Anonymous Member

Is XenuBard still going to represent us as our artist in residence?
  32. Anonymous Member

33. mothpope Member

"The winning baby and parents will be awarded an international modelling contract with Camelot Castle Artist Management"

how could I refuse this!?

now where did i put that baby?
  34. Anonymous Member

35. xenubarb Member

XenuBard, eh? Well, I can't pluck a lute, but I can play the recorder and caper a bit. I think bards might have to sing, and I'd be at least as good as Cacofanix of Gaul.

Where'd this Bard assignment come from? I thought I signed up for Cartoonist In Residence. And a billion years?

That's the last time I drink tequila with you guyz, I swear!
  36. xenubarb Member

Yeah, I would definitely hire a guy who got busted for fraud trying to pass off a Hollywood hairdresser as a movie mogul to handle my artistic career! Who wouldn't?
  37. Anonymous Member

Has anyone seen the Christmas themed new look on the website?Ted,John and the dogs,the new guy coco looks great,Christmas at Clamalot anyone?
  38. Anonymous Member

39. Anonymous Member

....... where no matter how hard one works it feels like a holiday If you are a friendly, ethical and dedicated person who likes working long hours and contributing towards a good purpose you have a chance to be selected. Please send your CV(in English) & PHOTO to ........

ETHICAL

eth·i·cal   /ˈɛθɪkəl/ Show Spelled
    [eth-i-kuhl] Show IPA

–adjective
    1. pertaining to or dealing with morals or the principles of morality; pertaining to right and wrong in conduct.
    2. being in accordance with the rules or standards for right conduct or practice, esp. the standards of a profession: It was not considered ethical for physicians to advertise.
    3. (of drugs) sold only upon Medical prescription.

www.camelotcastle.pl - www.camelotcastle.pl
  40. Anonymous Member

Re: Camelot Castle Hotel Tintagel and Scientologists John &amp; Irina Mappin and Ted Stou

Immediately at the beginning it got funny when I was introduced to chefs from Bangladesh

Mr Rakshid arrives via international hotels in Dubai as a head chef with a strong Mediterranean influence

I don't get the whole Irina's cooking?? Her mother came over and had to teach the Indian chef how to cook

Forget the bu££shit above

here's a genuine award given to a Genuine Cornish business

Tintagel Castle staff ‘showing the way forward’ as they make history at the Cornwall Tourism Awards

View attachment WEB-Outstanding-Customer-Service-Award-Tintagel-Ca

Yes, it's TINTAGEL CASTLE

TINTAGEL Castle staff were jubilant after winning the ‘Outstanding Customer Service Award’ at this year’s Cornwall Tourism Awards, held at St Mellion International Resort recently. In front of an audience of over 300 people, ranging from restaurateurs and hoteliers to industry leaders and tourism associations, the spotlight shone on the team at Tintagel Castle who were singled out for their consistently high quality customer care. For more information, see this week's edition of the 'Post'.

CAMELFORD TODAY | NEWS | Tintagel Castle staff Castle staff ‘showing the way forward’ as they make history at the Cornwall Tourism Awards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------