Customize

Camden Scientology Rates Relief

Discussion in 'Scientology Property Tax' started by RolandRB, Nov 12, 2011.

1. RolandRB Member

There isn't any Scientology rates relief in Camden.

The Council solicitors there have good sense and the balls to do what is right.

No rates relief for 68 Tottenham Court Road.

No rates relief for the Fitzroy House Hubbard museum.

While their neighbours in the City of London Corporation hand them 270 thousand UK pounds per year in "charitable" relief and in Westminster they give them tens of thousands per year for the "charitable" work of their Centre (which is for the exclusive benefit of UK celebrities), they donate to their cause the sum of what it is worth - i.e. nothing.

I'd like to thank the all solicitors of Camden council who were involved. I wish there were more like them.

I think I might send them a Christmas card every year.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Anonymous Member

City of London Corporation and Westminster need to follow Camden's example and tax the scientology cult.
  3. Anonymous Member

When did this happen?
  4. RolandRB Member

Not recently. They have refused their application for rates relief since they asked for it.

Mid Sussex Council refused it on Saint Hill in 1999 and have maintained this refusal since, so they too merit praise (and maybe a Christmas card).
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RolandRB Member

The CoLCorp once asked for financial support from Camden in their aim to remove the rates relief in the CoL but Camden refused. They must have thought at the time it was because Camden was unwilling to take the risk. We now know they refused because unlike the CoLCorp, they had already refused and maintained their refusal with no legal consequences from the cult.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RolandRB Member

Perhaps Anonymous could picket Camden council headquarters with posters saying "We Love You".
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Also Fattie Pickles.