Customize

C of S is doing "asset checks" on its members to better know who to squeeze

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by Anonymous, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

C of S is doing "asset checks" on its members to better know who to squeeze

Today I received several verifications from insiders who state that the Church of Scientology is performing "asset checks" (as well as credit checks, which we previously knew about) on its members, so it knows who to "squeeze" for more "donations".

Asset checks, aka asset searches, are what a lawyer might do if you requested to sue someone. The check is performed to see if the person is "judgment proof" (broke) or has money/assets.

One person I know told C of S they didn't have any money. The staffer replied "we know". The standard reply in scientology in the previous many decades has been "then get some" or "do you have any credit lines". Never has a staffer "gone into agreement with" someone "saying" they have no money.

Another person was offered a five-digit credit line which had already been arranged for them without their request.
  2. fitch2000 Member

Re: C of S is doing "asset checks" on its members to better know who to squeeze

Maybe the attention them had an effect somewhere or maybe it's just the economy...who knows...
  3. lokimotion Member

Oh wow! That is some scary news. Wonder if something can be done about that credit offer. Sounds like they're drifting close to fraud.
  4. ultrapoet Member

They rammed into fraud a hell of a long time ago . . .
  5. lokimotion Member

Yeah, but this might be one of those times their members are starting to realize it.
  6. bastet Member

I don't know how much more obvious they can make it. It's total fraud. Shakedown.
  7. exOT8Michael Member

This kind of thing does not surprise ma at all. Is it illegal? if so it could be toxic to
    C of S tax exemption.
  8. eddieVroom Member

Jeez-us! Hope they get a few rocks in the candy bag this Halloween. That, and maybe a replay of the War of the Worlds broadcast over INCOMM.
  9. Smurf Member

Many realized it long ago but thanks to Miscavige's stranglehold on the tech & stepping up their efforts to threaten members with sanctions for nattering (saying anything that can be construed as negative of church policy or any anything relevent to DM), they give in to the pain & frustration of being manipulated and abused... and just accept it like gagged sheep.
  10. Anonymous Member

we should tell the public of this, kinda hard to claim you aren't a cult when you run a credit/asset check on members.
  11. Smurf Member

Why? Potential employers run them on applicants all the time. It's legal.
  12. Anonymous Member

This sounds like part of a "Qualled (qualified) Reg Cycle". Which is part of the "Name, Want and Get Your Product" of a Reg Cycle.

In plain English, a Scientology Reg cycle (money extraction procedure) contains a number of steps, some of which are obviously named - Name, Want, Get the money. The Scientology mark who is targeted for money extraction is normally "Qualled" or qualified to make sure the mark actually has money and assets that can be extracted.

Over the years, Scientology Registrars (money extractors) have fibbed in their weekly money extraction targets , by falsely claiming to their superiors that "Joe Blow has $50,000 which we can reg by 2 PM Thursday this week."

When it turns out that Joe Blow doesn't actually have $50,000 in cash and assets, the reg would then tell his superior, "oops, target impossible to meet."

"Qualifying" the target of a Reg Cycle is making sure that the target has available assets, and these assets can be successfully extracted.

An "asset check" makes perfect sense, from a Scientology management perspective.
  13. Anonymous Member

Ass checks?
  14. mrfyde Member

When I lived in the Bible belt a friend of mine was going to join a Baptist church and they asked to see his W-2 as a requirement for him to become a member.

I am happy to say that he decided not to join.

I also have gone to a funeral at a church and grabbed some of their hand outs and saw a "tithing table" meaning a chart that showed an expected amount of money that a member of the church is expected to give based on their income.

So surprisingly this may not be as far fetched as it sounds.
  15. Anonymous Member

WINE CUBE
  16. timthephoto Member

the tythe, as extracted by various christian outfits for the past few centuries are like a corruption of the original meaning which was that they wanted a 10th of your brain, the 10th that you use..

however, even now it IS only a 10th of income, not ALL & more like Scientology is famous for squeezing out of thier victims, ie "rinsing dry"
  17. anonymous1312 Member

Asset checks are probably legal to do without consent or for certain reasons without consent depending on local but I suspect using the knowledge gleaned from such asset checks in the manner the cult does may be illegal in more areas.

Anyone who is called and offered an immediate credit line when they claim to have no money should contact their local authorities. Credit lines, just say no!
  18. Anonymous Member

Using a tenth of your brain is an old wives tail we use all of it. Well, most of us :)
    Neuroscience For Kids - 10% of the Brain Myth
  19. Anonymous Member

It appears that the cult it successfully devouring it self in their off tech. Either apply failtech and create enemies, or don't apply it and lose the faithful. These aggressive approaches are truly going to cause CST to become -40 on the tone scale, and their only income will be coming from secular companies. It is really awful how individuals in the higher compartments are isolated from the orgs and have no liabilities even though they enABLE management to purge the life out of what they apparently consider to be lower lifeforms.

I think their are plenty of people that only use 10% of their body's abilities. If you want to sit around all day and stare at wine cubes that's fine with me. Though people might find that doing something to actually help people, like care, they might use more of their brain and body. People are happier when they are healthy, vise versa. The Cult of Greed does not follow their own tone scale it seems. These cultists always seem so inundated with grief and hate, I think they might really have coverts though. Many might stay because they have something to hide, but they can't hide or they might find that their entire venture with Scientology is a complete failure. Marty comes to mind. They true way to happiness is KSNW, imo.