Customize

"C.H.E.K." Institute - San Diego - Is this a WISE co. or a Co$ front? Any clues?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by TheBitch, Dec 9, 2008.

1. TheBitch Member

"C.H.E.K." Institute - San Diego - Is this a WISE co. or a Co$ front? Any clues?

C.H.E.K Institute - About

Sycamore Business Center, 2105 Industrial Court, Vista, CA 92081, USA

"Our Mission Statement: The C.H.E.K Institute is the foremost organization committed to excellence in education and innovation in the fields of corrective exercise and high-performance conditioning. We achieve this through revolutionary philosophies and methods in professional development, research and holistic conditioning."

From the "About" page

"The C.H.E.K Institute also provides consultation services for health clubs, sports teams, corporations and individuals who wish to incorporate these methods into business, wellness and fitness programs. By increasing the level of knowledge among professionals and the general public, we aim to be a leading authority with an integrative approach to fitness and wellness through corrective exercise, high performance conditioning, lifestyle coaching and total body health, from the inside out."

Trying to sort if a $cilon who claims she was "trained" there over the course of NINE years was just suckered into the cult externally, or if this was a case of she was working on staff in a new $cilon front in the gym / training business.

Their website is only partly finished, and everythiing they say about "these new methods" is extremely vague. I'm not sure, but seems to have that flavor of a $cilon site attempting to create a sense of expectancy of receiving something reallllllllllllllllllly important without ever saying a single word about WTF "it" is.
  2. moose Member

Re: "C.H.E.K." Institute - San Diego - Is this a WISE co. or a Co$ front? Any clues?

i don't see a link to CoS.
    but if you really want to know,
    just give them a call, and ask what their methods are about. and ask if it involves vitamins , sauna's and buying books as well. ;)
  3. moose Member

Re: "C.H.E.K." Institute - San Diego - Is this a WISE co. or a Co$ front? Any clues?

i don't see any link to CoS.
    but if you really want to know,
    just give them a call, and ask what their methods are about. and ask if it involves vitamins , sauna's and buying books as well. ;)
  4. pooks Member

The best way to figure out if they are a scn front is to run the owner Paul Chek and his faculty
    through the Truth About Scn completions site.

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/

I didn't get any hits so it's probably not a scn front.
  5. pooks Member

The best way to figure out if they are a scn front is to run the owner Paul Chek and his faculty
    through the Truth About Scn completions site.

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/

I didn't get any hits so it's probably not a scn front.
  6. TheBitch Member

Ok, good. TY both for the tips. Guess I'm getting tinfoily every time I see hype and no substance and a definitive trail for a $cilon's history. May try calling them at some point just to find out wtf they mean by their advertising on their website. Gyms would be a natural spinoff for the "healthy living" and vitamin selling parts of Co$ and when I saw this chick's bio it got me to wondering.
  7. TheBitch Member

OK, now I'm REALLY suspicious... C.H.E.K. Institute was founded by Paul Chek. Here's some quotes / avoidances from that particular horse's mouth:

Paul Chek

"Here is some critical advice on health and fitness from Paul Chek:

Deprogram your mind of all the garbage information and hype from the media. This means being much more selective about believing what you hear from so-called health and nutrition experts on TV commercials, radio, magazine ads, books and even peer review journal articles.

From a website where some people give voice to the idea that what he says sounds VERY cultie.

FreeTrainers Forums - Has Paul Chek finally lost it???

Paul:

<This input is combined with the conscious command to run the generalized
    motor program "squat" for example, which also activates all stabilizer
    functions tied to the engram. >

Mel:

Are you using the term 'engram' in the sense used in Scientology
    to refer to
    "a mental image picture which is a recording of an experience containing
    pain, unconsciousness and a real or fancied threat to survival. It is a
    recording in the reactive mind of something which actually happened to an
    individual in the past and which contained pain and unconsciousness, both of
    which are recorded in the mental image picture called an engram. It must, by
    definition, have impact or injury as part of its content. These engrams are
    a complete recording, down to the last accurate detail, of every perception
    present in a moment of partial or full unconsciousness".

Or are you using it in its original archaic sense as an "engraved memory"
    (hence 'engram')? Either way, what is meant by stabiliser functions being
    tied to an engram?

Paul:

<My observation begins immediately upon the decision is made to "squat" as
    that is when you see the body in the set-up or preparation phase. Once
    loaded, I will observe and palpate for recruitment of the TVA, multifidus,
    tension in the thoracolumbar fascia watch respiratory patterns. Although good
    stabilization is usually obvious immediately, I will observe the entire
    process of execution and return to the rack. >

(notice there isn't any answer about WTF he means by "engram"??)

Personal Development Websites

Paul Chek is the The Official SelfGrowth.com (confirmed $cilon website complete with stories of "wins" - USE CONDOMS) Guide to "Personal Development." You can find complete information on Paul Chek and his products by visiting The PPS Success Mastery Center.

Ok, I'm going to bed.. is late. Basically, this gai is a posterchild for $cilontological fitness. If he's not directly connected with them, they sure are pushing him on their websites pretty hard for a Wog. Anybody else who wants to dig on him feel free. Looks to me more suspicious than it did before, but you're right... so far I'm not finding service completions for any exact matches to the names of the people he's getting testimonials from.

That being said, I have never before heard of ANYONE who uses the word "engram" in the physical fitness / Kineseiology field. Seems awfully strange to me.
  8. Skwee Member

Videos: PPS Success Mastery Center | Free Videso by Paul Chek

He does say strange things, but this isn't what a $cilon should say to draw people in to the cult. No aliens before you've paid a few courses.
  9. xenuluvsu Member

not sure if its a scilon front but looks creepy anyway. disregard it.
  10. pooks Member

It looks like he's a New Age Loon.
  11. leafs Member

The limitations according to CoS, if you equate thetan with soul, come from the reactive mind in the first place and later from body thetans. I don't think there is the idea of the body limiting the soul in Scientology, rather part of the mind.

I don't think there is a special emphasis on the solar system in CoS's teaching. Earth has its special meaning and the confederacy as a whole and there were also some things that happened within the solar system, but I don't think it has a special meaning in Scientology.

Ideology-wise it doesn't sound very much like Scientology.
  12. TheBitch Member

The link leads to NO article, and I wouldn't take Wikkipedia as a valid sauce in a classroom so why would I here? There's a header, not an article.
  13. TheBitch Member

K. So then the reason I guess your saying that they market his shite so directly is that they are fellow travelers on the same ship, but assigned to separate life boats?
  14. Zak McKracken Member

PROTIP: chex your linx for stray or missing punctuation marx!

Also, compare length and content of article with it's talk page.

What article doesn't say:
    engram theory was wildly popular among slightly deranged speculative fiction authors and proto-newage psychologists during the 1950s. It's since fallen into the dustbin, as no real science has been able to validate it.

carped from another (extinct) thread-
    Kirk & Spock babbling about engrams - moar likely than you think?
    Janeway & Seven babbling about engrams - a little more suspect.
  15. TheBitch Member

Added a closing paren and searched: "This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (November 2006)"

Last editing was today, so I guess talking about it led someone to go in and try to clean it up.

Edit: Interesting "Talk" section and a large assortment of "the usual" $cientologists including our fav "Terryeo." I guess this means I'm going to have to dig to find the first use of Engram in Kinesiology and see where it came from. Previous poster was correct in that it's usage seems to be old, unsubstantiated, claptrap without any evidentiary offering to support the hypothesis - so far.

sauce: Oxford English Dictionary

A memory-trace; a permanent and heritable physical change in the nerve tissue of the brain, posited to account for the existence of memory. So engraphy ({sm}{ope}ngr{schwa}f{shti}), the action of exciting an organism in such a way that a permanent change or engram results. So en{sm}graphic a., of or pertaining to engraphy; en{sm}graphically adv. Cf. ECPHORE.

Original usage 1908, last cite 1967.
  16. pooks Member

Ya, that pretty much sums it up.