Customize

Burning Man '09: Field Report

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by Abductor, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Abductor Member

Burning Man '09: Field Report

Update: It can't be them. They're drinking budweiser and accepting fliers gleefully. Many insignia in camp, none of them Scientology related. If by some remote chance it is them, they're so undercover as to be useless to their cause.

The Scilons didn't show up for Burning Man. Win by default.

I'll distribute fliers elsewhere, out of respect for the mourning. Video to come.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Burning Man '09: Field Report

Their camp is registered as: "Modern Religion, The
    Scientology, a truly new and modern religion for the 21st century, comes to Black Rock City to demonstrate techniques proven to help one overcome the problems of our every changing world. No matter the problem, something can be done about it.
    Hometown: San Francisco, CA "

Thanks for the field report! Wish I was there, but please keep in touch.
  3. Consensus Member

tl;dr: nothing happened.

Protip: if you're looking to out scilons, don't go dressed as V.
    Have a 'normal' burner stop in and ask questions. Confirm identity before returning as V. Also, whether you make an ass of yourself or not, be sure your actions are within the vaguely defined 'morals' of the burner culture (of which I'm not familiar, though I imagine IRL 'griefing' is frowned upon in that kind of anarchistic environment).
  4. Anonymous Member

Distribute acid with your flyers.

No reason, just DO IT!
  5. Anonymous Member

If they're being so subtle that nobody knows it's them and they're not making any actual effort at recruiting, being a jerk may work against us as far as PR goes
  6. Abductor Member

Yes, they were not where the map said they would be, which is why we couldn't find them. I found this place by searching nearby street by street.
  7. Anonymous Member

Maybe they figured out what Burning Man was and decided to gtfo.
  8. Re: Burning Man '09: Field Report

Ask them drug questions to see if you can get a reaction, scifags are all D: about it, also if you talk about psych drugs, you should get a decent reaction out of most scifags.
  9. Anonymous Member

[This comment removed due to copyright claim by Black Rock City, LLC]
  10. Anonymous Member

Have somebody collect intelligence for you as a normal burner without mask. Have him/her play dumb and see if they are scilons or not.
  11. Anonymous Member

Anonymous represented.

Nice work, Abductor.
  12. rawrz Member

Wish I could've provided /b/lack up. Hope you had fun despite not finding any scifags.
  13. Anonymous Member

Me neither - one day... but

wasn't it just a couple of years back someone burnt the man, ahem, ahead of schedule - and the debate as to whether it was appropriate or not went on for days...

Trolling burners 101 - set fire to the oversized Guy Fawkes doll? And it's only September!

Why? Because anon is a friend to burner culture?
  14. Relyt Member

I'm too poor to go to Burning Man. I might as well become a Scientologist.
  15. Anonymous Member

If you do find them there, grab some pubes and slather yourself with vaseline and run through their camp. Someone asks why you did it, just say, "It's Burning Man."