Customize

Bundy family of Nevada occupy Oregon Wildlife Refuge headquarters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Wrong Guy, Jan 3, 2016.

1. A.O.T.F Member

2. Random guy Member

I suppose it was the only reasonable thing to do. I sure as heck would get out of there if I were a wee lad or a woman. Actually, if I were responsible for children, I would keep well away from there in the first place.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Random guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. DeathHamster Member

Police and news keep calling the arrest of the Bundys and friends a "traffic stop". They probably shouldn't, unless the cars were pulled over for a burned-out headlight.

http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/...n=display_arch&article_id=1229&issue_id=72007

5. Random guy Member

Considering these guys feel the state has no business regulating their lives, what do you think the chance is the car lacked a valid sticker or had a wonky licence plate?
  6. DeathHamster Member

What were the chances that they would have just waved them on if the plates were fine? :)

A traffic stop has a very specific legal definition with a ton of case law around it. They had probable cause to stop them, but calling it a traffic stop is a bit mucky.
  7. Random guy Member

I suppose "roadblock" would have been a bit more honest.
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

Ryan Haas ‏@ryanjhaas 11 minutes ago
    The final few militants spoke on @OPBTOL today: "All the chiefs left and they left us little Indians (behind).”

Trapped Inside Malheur Refuge, Militants Desperate For Way Out | OPB

OPB’s Think Out Loud talked Thursday with David Fry and Sandy Anderson, two of the remaining militants inside the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

They offered an inside account of the negotiations taking place with the FBI, and the growing anxiety among the militants as tension mounts to make their next step.

“The option is you go out there and they get you and it’s a felony crime and it’s a prison sentence,” Fry told Think Out Loud host Dave Miller. “A lot of us are scared of that option.”

Fry estimates that there are 20 guns in the refuge, left behind during the chaos of militants fleeing.

“We’re not planning on using any guns. Like I said, we [want] to go home,” he said. “But if they want to attack us then we got to defend ourselves.”

Fry said if the FBI tried to arrest him, he would see it as an attack.

Continued here:
    http://www.opb.org/news/series/burn...-malheur-refuge-militans-search-for-opitions/

Bonnie Shelton ‏@BonnieKTVB 2 minutes ago
    In Harney County. Just saw a long line of armored vehicles and unmarked cars headed toward the refuge. Headed there to check it out.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

JJ MacNab ‏@jjmacnab 28 minutes ago
    Blaine Cooper left the Malheur Refuge on the evening of the 26th, taking the night vision equipment with him to Idaho.

JJ MacNab ‏@jjmacnab 27 minutes ago
    Cooper is apparently suicidal and realistically armed, which makes him extremely dangerous to law enforcement.

JJ MacNab ‏@jjmacnab 25 minutes ago
    He is a convicted felon, and was one of the men who originally took over the Refuge on January 2nd.

JJ MacNab ‏@jjmacnab 25 minutes ago
    He also may be facing charges for the events that caused his children to be removed from his brother-in-law's care in Arizona.

JJ MacNab ‏@jjmacnab 24 minutes ago
    Cooper was also part of the inner circle that was trouble at Bundy Ranch in 2014.

JJ MacNab ‏@jjmacnab 16 minutes ago
    Cooper is a narcissist, so I don't think he'll stay quiet for long.

CZ1tOL_UEAA56yo.png

CZ1tOK_UYAUAQlG.png

CZ1tOK0UcAAjCel.png

JJ MacNab ‏@jjmacnab 8 minutes ago
    Cooper has stolen from the movement in the past, and many believe he is a paid informant for the FBI. He has expensive toys but no job.

JJ MacNab ‏@jjmacnab 1 minute ago
    He is one of the key of the key "voices" in the movement (~5,000 FB friends on his personal page, ~9,000 on his page.)

JJ MacNab ‏@jjmacnab now
    Cooper has been an active participant in the "border militia." (In pic, he's the guy furthest away from Thor.)

CZ1xfo0VAAECszs.png
    • Like Like x 1
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Internet Member

In the comments:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

kennyjacobs ‏@kennyjacobs 7 minutes ago
    #Oregonstandoff Reporters have received a tip to be at State trooper road block.

julieturkewitz ‏@julieturkewitz 3 minutes ago
    I'm at a roadblock outside Malheur. Many cars have left the refuge in recent hours. Feels like the end. We'll see.

Pat Dooris ‏@PatDooris 3 minutes ago
    We're moving out to see if it's over. Not sure.

John Tierney ‏@jtierney6 28 seconds ago
    Sounds like the #Oregonstandoff could be over. Pat says the blockade to the refuge is being removed.

KATU News ‏@KATUNews 43 seconds ago
    UPDATE: @CoryMarshallTV says road blocks taken down near refuge. People allowed to enter.
    #LiveOnK2 #OregonStandoff

Cory Marshall ‏@CoryMarshallTV 26 seconds ago
    .@FBI has removed the barricades. We're heading into the refuge now.
    #LiveOnK2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Internet Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. A.O.T.F Member

This is interesting ... Hmmmm This is an American Anon Radio interview .. right?

Update: Yep .. It's Anon Radio Live - http://anonradio.live/

anonwatch.jpg

https:// youtu.be/_lAYQLD-ZuY

And this - Anon Radio

https:// youtu.be/3melgykSaRY
  18. A.O.T.F Member

LIVE - Press conference happening now

19. The Wrong Guy Member

Les Zaitz ‏@LesZaitz 5 minutes ago
    Law enforcement officials expected to release video of shooting of Robert "LaVoy" Finicum at Tuesday's traffic stop north of Burns.

Les Zaitz ‏@LesZaitz 3 minutes ago
    Conflicting accounts have led to wide internet speculation that Robert "LaVoy" Finicum was shot while trying to surrender. Video will tell.

Les Zaitz ‏@LesZaitz 3 seconds ago
    Patriot groups have tried to mobilize supporters based on reports that Finicum was shot with hands in the air.

Les Zaitz ‏@LesZaitz 14 seconds ago
    Mark McConnell, driver of one Bundy rig, said Finicum charged police after trying to evade road block and getting stuck in snow.
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

Edited Version of FBI Video of Joint FBI and OSP Operation 01/26/2016

This is a shortened and edited version of FBI footage showing the joint FBI and Oregon State Police traffic stop and OSP officer-involved shooting of Robert “LaVoy” Finicum on the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. This condensed clip was shown at an FBI press conference in Burns, Oregon on 01/28/2016.

Complete, Unedited Video of Joint FBI and OSP Operation 01/26/2016

This is the complete video footage of a joint FBI and Oregon State Police traffic stop and OSP officer-involved shooting of Robert "LaVoy" Finicum on the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. This footage, which has only been edited to blur out aircraft information, was taken by the FBI on 01/26/2016 and released by the FBI on 01/28/2016.
  21. DeathHamster Member

*sigh* People don't understand why a plane (or drone) can take telephoto video, but not audio. (And even if it could, the sound would be well behind the video due to the slower speed of sound.)
  22. The Internet Member

Damn, I'd have shot the guy. He kept moving and putting his hands down as if reaching for a weapon inside his coat.
  23. A.O.T.F Member

Why would he wade into open space aprox 20ft away from his vehicle, thru 3ft snow with his hands above his head (And his hands were clearly being held above his head for at least a full 10 seconds) if he wanted to have a shoot out? He was clearly being shot at prior to him lowering his hands.
  24. DeathHamster Member

Or he was scoping out the scene before deciding to make a last stand.

He almost ran someone down, that's vehicular assault.
  25. The Internet Member

He's an unpredictable nut who does not lace his fingers together behind his head. He doesn't stand still. He isn't following directions. And he puts his right hand toward the inside of the left side of his coat. So it is kill or be killed at that point, whether that is the case or not.
  26. Disambiguation Global Moderator

The rest of them in the car must have been sweating bullets- seeing a friend lying dead. They all got out very slowly.
    The first guy had his hands out, not up, then dropped them to his middle then he was shot.
  27. A.O.T.F Member

Unpredictable nut he may have been. Fact is, he was one of the many leaders specifically targeted. The problem now being, there will be a lot of really pissed off people among those combined factions, who will want nothing more than to avenge his death. Tensions and ill feelings are running high.
  28. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Feelings were already high, and there were already people wanting vengeance for various outrages- of their belief systems. Things got Western.
  29. Jeff Jacobsen Member

https://www.fbi.gov/portland/press-...ation-at-the-malheur-national-wildlife-refuge

On at least two occasions, Finicum reaches his right hand toward a pocket on the left inside portion of his jacket. He did have a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic handgun in that pocket.

Agents and troopers did find three other loaded weapons inside the truck. They included two loaded .223 caliber semi-automatic rifles. There was also one loaded .38 special revolver.
  30. DeathHamster Member

Flash-bangs, bean-bags to break the windows, then pepper.

People move slow after that.
  31. A.O.T.F Member

One gets the feeling that their leaders will now go the underground route. A la French Resistance. And their equivalent, the British Auxiliary Units.

Sound familiar :D
  32. Disambiguation Global Moderator

These are cowboys. They don't do underground. The guy that got shot said he wasn't going to jail because he needed the open sky.
  33. A.O.T.F Member

One thing is for certain, they're way too loud and talk too fucking much. They have absolutely no idea when it comes to implementing tactical objectives.We see people peeling off when the going gets too tough, there's no real visible self discipline, cohesion, or commitment. Add weapons into the mix ... Well, you know the rest of that story.
  34. Ann O'Nymous Member

This time, it wasn't a Black unarmed youngster.
  35. Random guy Member

Quite.

To me it looks like Mr. Finicum was high as a kite on adrenalin. He drove the car, so he would have been severely stressed. From the aerial photo it looks as though he couldn't make his mind up between surrendering and an herroing by police.

I'm not entirely sure gunning him down would have been my choice of action there and then, but in US the police gun down people all the time, so I'll leave it to you locals to figure out whether the shooting was called for or not.

Personally, I'd put a man on the spot with a shotgun and rubber bullets.
  36. The Internet Member

I think it is tricky trying to disarm a man intent on killing you, particularly if you are also dealing with four likely armed people with similar feelings.
    • Like Like x 3
  37. Random guy Member

38. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nuttier than a fruitcake.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. A.O.T.F Member

fd646c3e7a93698784feeb34aa5be252.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  40. Ann O'Nymous Member

• Like Like x 1