Customize

Bundy family of Nevada occupy Oregon Wildlife Refuge headquarters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Wrong Guy, Jan 3, 2016.

1. RightOn Member

soooooo...
    with taking down the fence "for the constitution" :confused:
    They can now add vandalism and theft to the list of charges? Where did they take the fencing off to and where did they toss it?
    The government Or I should say WE the tax payers are supposed to pay to buy a new one and to reinstall it?

And people sending them dildos and a bag of dicks was genius. The hissy fit of throwing it on the floor was a bonus.
    Although if the bag of dicks was edible, I think that was mistake since they are low on snacks.
    Dumb ass should have put it on eBay and made some money.

And he said they picked up the mail.
    And who sends them all this mail that sends them supplies?
    Now who can that be? Hmmmmm?
    These dudes are so cherry picky,
    it's ridicky. :p
    • Like Like x 2
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Jon Ritzheimer Is Not Amused By the "Bag of Dicks" and Other Hate Mail He's Getting in Oregon

Occupying a federal building and starting a revolution is tough and very serious work, explains Arizona militant Jon Ritzheimer in his latest Facebook video, which is why he doesn’t appreciate the dildos, phallic-shaped candies, and other hate mail he and the other armed patriots holed up in a federal building on the Malheur Wildlife Refuge in Oregon are receiving.

“It's sad that there are people who would spend this kind of money on this,” Ritzheimer says, pointing to a table covered in cardboard boxes that are presumably full of non-essentials, “rather than spending it to do good in the world.”

But as some have pointed out, maybe this is just what happens when you put out multiple calls for “snacks” and other revolutionary must-haves like, Miracle Whip, shredded cheese, tampons, and “throw rugs – any & all sizes for doorways.”

Their first call for snacks was mocked relentlessly in large part because these tough cowboys and former military men put out the request on day three of the occupation.

“Sure, they said they came prepared to live free or die for months or years or forever, even, but they might have overlooked a few survivalist details,” writes the humorous political blog, Wonkette.

Continued here:
    http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...other-hate-mail-hes-getting-in-oregon-7964766
    • Like Like x 3
  3. DeathHamster Member

It did me a lot of good!
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Random guy Member

• Like Like x 4
  5. The Internet Member

From your link:
    The sovereign citizens think they understand the law better than actual lawyers. That is just nuts.

But we have a lot of nutters now who do not need authorities because they *are* the authorities. I blame the echo chambers everybody lives in due to Internet. Also the idea that you should watch a news station that reinforces your personal political bias. That is a cancer that is killing us.

Thing is, people apparently imposed a 5 year mandatory minimum sentence for certain Federal crimes. Bad luck for the Hammonds that arson was one of those crimes. The mandatory minimum means judges can't use an understanding of context in their sentencing decisions.

Maybe those mandatory minimums are a problem and we should be talking about that rather than this bullshit armed revolt crap.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Random guy Member

You are probably entirely right. The mandatory minimum was the darling of the right wing circles, and was meant so that liberal judges wound't go "soft on crime", i.e. make sure poor inner city blacks where holed up for years for being poor and undereducated.

My guess is the Hammonds probably were among those voting for the politicians who wanted this system in the first place. If course, it was never intended to apply to whites....
    • Like Like x 1
  7. A.O.T.F Member

• Like Like x 3
  8. Random guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  9. DeathHamster Member

Good thing they didn't get hit by a mandatory three-strike penalty too.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Ann O'Nymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Random guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. RightOn Member

I don't care what people say,
    Something just isn't right about this whole thing.
    They have broken an insane amount of laws and they are being left alone and allowed to meet for meetings?
    "hoping it all goes away" just does't make sense.
    And everyone knows that the government can get them out quickly and probably unharmed if they wanted to.
    Very strange.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 3
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Random guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ann O'Nymous Member

Quickly, perhaps. Unharmed is more unlikely. The Feds are caught in a double-bind: whatever they do, they are going to be criticized. If they avoid deaths, the blame might be more leniant.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. DeathHamster Member

Because bears and other wildlife keep their distance from suicide bombers.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

Standoff in Oregon Attracts Supporters Bearing Disparate Grievances

One of the people who have joined the Bundy family on a federal wildlife sanctuary in an arid patch of Oregon is an avowed anti-Semite from Ohio. One is an anti-Islamic ideologue from Phoenix.

Another is an online radio host — also from Ohio — who uses terms like “Obamislamistan.”

Some are militant gun-rights activists, and one is a man who has declared himself to be a judge and plans to convene a “citizens’ grand jury” in order to put the government on trial.

When the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge began on Jan. 2, it was primarily the work of Ammon Bundy, the former rancher, who wants the federal government to relinquish its lands. But as the protest has dragged on, it has become a magnet of sorts, attracting strands of diverse conservative movements from across the country.

Some are members of the so-called Patriot movement, an umbrella effort of antigovernment activists that includes groups like the Oath Keepers, an organization of law enforcement officers and military veterans, and the 3 Percent of Idaho, which focuses on the Second Amendment and derives its name from the supposed 3 percent of the colonial population that took up arms against the British.

Continued here:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/17/u...-supporters-bearing-disparate-grievances.html

Oath Keepers Warn Feds Not to “Waco” Oregon Occupation - or there Will be Civil War

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/oath-keepers-warn-feds-waco-oregon-occupation-risk-civil-war/

Militia head warns feds: Don’t ‘Waco’ the Oregon occupiers unless you want a ‘bloody, brutal civil war’

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/mil...rs-unless-you-want-a-bloody-brutal-civil-war/

No end in sight: Protesters settle in for long winter at Oregon refuge

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/ct-protesters-oregon-refuge-20160116-story.html
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Ann O'Nymous Member

Perhaps the Feds wait that the magnetic effect attracts enough crackpots to nuke them at once.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. The Internet Member

I think those militia dudes do not work and play well with others. If we get lucky they will start eating each other soon.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

Oregon militia's behavior increasingly brazen as public property destroyed

Occupiers of Malheur refuge apparently testing officials’ patience: ‘They’re really trying to get a rise out of somebody,’ says local tribal leader

Excerpt:

On Friday evening, Rodrique said she was horrified to learn that the militia, led by Nevada rancher Ammon Bundy, had paved a road through part of the wildlife sanctuary. That move came days after occupiers destroyed part of a US Fish and Wildlife Service fence, to allow cattle to freely graze on public lands the federal government controls.

Militiamen have also removed cameras at the refuge they claim the FBI was using for “surveillance”. LaVoy Finicum, an Arizona rancher and one of the main spokesmen for the militia, showed up to a Saturday morning press conference carrying a basket filled with black cameras.

“Do you not get tired of the mass surveillance in this country?” Finicum told reporters. “This, in my opinion, is unreasonable search.”

He added: “I want to call out the FBI and their harassment of neighborhood families.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...reasingly-brazen-as-public-property-destroyed

Oregon standoff: Occupiers remove cameras, clash with conservationists

Tensions mounted Saturday at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, where men involved in an armed standoff clashed with conservationists and accused government workers of harassing their families.

As the standoff led by Arizona businessman Ammon Bundy entered its third week at the refuge headquarters, accusations swirled that Child Protective Services workers had begun visiting some of the occupiers' families.

Meanwhile, a visit to the refuge from land conservationists devolved into a shouting match, complete with a bullhorn and name-calling, after the group tried to address news reporters.

The spectacle erupted just after occupiers arrived for a morning news briefing with a wicker basket full of surveillance cameras they removed Friday from a transformer station outside Burns. LaVoy Finicum, a spokeman for the occupiers, claimed the cameras had been installed by the FBI.

"This in my opinion is unreasonable search," said Finicum, referencing the Fourth Amendment as he invited the agency to "come pick them up."

Continued here:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/oregon_standoff_occupiers_remo.html
  24. The Internet Member

The occupiers think the FBI placed video cameras to watch the hundreds of different species of birds that visit the refuge?

I hope this faggotry stops before spring. I am a big fan of those little peepers. They do not like big noises.

As an aside, I just listened to a RadioLab podcast about the Galapagos that was pretty good:
    http://www.radiolab.org/story/year-end-special-4/

Sadly, human activity since the 1990s is slowly ruining that amazing place, as one might expect. A lot of effort has gone into fixing a few problems, like the introduction of goats who eat too much vegetation. But most people seem blind to the wonderful diversity of life we are rapidly losing. That value can't compete with other values, like earning a living. So sad.

If you image Google, "Pinta Island tortoise" you will see pics of just one, Lonesome George. He died a few years ago so the species is now extinct. The last female was slaughtered by a human being in the 1990s, probably for lunch.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Random guy Member

Sheriff: Harney County held hostage; innocence lost

Quote Sheriff Ward:
    http://portlandtribune.com/pt/9-new...ff-harney-county-held-hostage-innocence-lost-
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Ann O'Nymous Member

It seems likely that many do. When one analyses the complexity of the world using a limited mindset, one tends to avoid cognitive dissonance with invented information that reduces that dissonance.

At times, stupidity is very visible. Hopefully, a part of those who have a tendency towards this type of thinking will see it and refrain from moving closer to it.
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

Oregon brothers launch anti-Bundy fundraising campaign | The Oregonian

Critics of Ammon Bundy and his followers occupying the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge have launched a protest designed to line the pocketbooks of Bundy's opponents.

The campaign, founded by a pair of brothers from Oregon, is known as G.O.H.O.M.E, an acronym that stands for Getting the Occupiers of Historic Oregon Malheur Evicted.

Brothers Zach and Jake Klonoski launched the fundraiser Sunday. They hope to convince Bundy and crew to leave by collecting money for groups whose mission is antithetical to the occupiers' beliefs. Recipients of the donations include a gun control campaign, a group that supports the wildlife refuge the occupiers want to privatize, an organization that has labeled Bundy and company as extremists, and the Native American tribe whose members claim the refuge as their ancestral land.

The fundraising campaign will continue as long as the occupation does.

"The more pledges we get, the more pressure there is for them to leave," said Zach Klonoski, a Portlander who works for Mayor Charlie Hales. "Otherwise we're going to continue funding groups that they despise."

Continued here:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-st...others_launch_anti-bu.html#incart_maj-story-1

Getting Occupiers of the Historic Oregon Malheur Evicted - G.O.H.O.M.E.

http://www.gohomemalheur.org/
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Jeff Jacobsen Member

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/residents_near_oregon_occupati.html

My advice to the residents would be to confront these dorks with cameras rolling. Put 'em on youtube. Make 'em famous.

I was followed almost every day for quite a while when I lived in Clearwater by Scientology PI's. I called the cops on them, but the cops said it was legal (stalking by proxy is legal; who knew!). I would leave back ways on my bicycle and still be followed. So finally I started fighting back in 2 ways. First, I'd try to lose them every time. Second, I'd seek them out before we left the LMT on the side roads where they must be waiting for us. One time I saw a suspicious car at the end of the road outside the LMT. I drove up there quickly and the car tried to escape out the entrance of the fast food place where he had been parked. WHen I got behind him, suddenly Brian Raftery jumped out, ran up to my car (I was scared so rolled up the window) and yelled "stop following me!" I was too slow to video that though.

Here's a boring compilation of cars that followed me... and me trying to make record of it...

Most likely militia idiots are more dangerous than PI's. But still, they must be confronted or the town will just have to keep cowering in fear
    • Like Like x 1
  29. I noticed how the question of 'why this is being allowed' has come up. Every since the FBI infiltrated lulsec...why would we put it past them to set up a mock revolution to draw in as many radicals as possible...capture them and get them to flip on fellow conspirators...suppressing a revolt before it gains ground proactively...these are a bunch of nuts...but they stand for something....we all stand for something...and united under the right leadership...we could make a change...
  30. Yeah, and they stand for forcing their viewpoint on the rest of us at gunpoint.
  31. Random guy Member

You honestly believe Ammon Bundy is on the FBI payroll?
  32. DeathHamster Member

http://time.com/4184341/oregon-militia-van-flip/
    Driving While Snacking?
  33. DeathHamster Member

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bundy-bodyguard-arrested
    Protip: If you have outstanding warrants, don't attention whore on national news.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Random guy Member

Looks like the police are aiming for eroding the basis of the occupation slowly and quietly. Good call.
  35. DeathHamster Member

I think just they're eroding themselves. Police didn't even arrest the guy who flipped his van.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. even if he isnt they could still be allowing this to continue in order to draw in more militant revolutionaries, tally them up one could say...isnt that what they did with occupy wall street?
  37. wouldn't surprizze me.
    Actually, nothing does these days. It's so fucking weird.
    Scilion playbook is alive and well.
  38. Random guy Member

Considering that Bundy & Co are undermining federal authority more and more for each day, that would be an extremely stupid way to go about it.
  39. Jeff Jacobsen Member

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/bundy-standoff-enters-third-week-of-ridiculousness

"The longer this standoff drags on, the more the militiamen do that further undermines that cause and the more the federal government begins to look like they may have made the right move when the opted to deescalate the situation. Isolated from the rest of the country, the militiamen enter the third week of this standoff, free to cross legal lines and incriminate themselves on video tape."

I wonder if the feds actually thought this way, deciding to let the protesters hang themselves with their own rope? Or were they just too afraid to create another Waco?
  40. Random guy Member