Customize

Bundy family of Nevada occupy Oregon Wildlife Refuge headquarters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Wrong Guy, Jan 3, 2016.

1. The Internet Member

Strong words, "destroying America." Strange they are not saying what Linda Sue Beck is actually doing to bring about America's destruction. Why so coy, tough guys?

Dudes must have come across something suggesting she's a lesbian, lol. Self interested freedom fighters who owe the Feds a couple million in grazing fees do not like lezbos. No freedom for them.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RightOn Member

"Public records show Ammon Bundy took a $530,000 loan from the Small Business Administration (Gubment cheese) in 2010 for his Arizona-based truck maintenance company, Valet Fleet Services."

Found this statement in a comment on youtube.
    Why so ironic?
  3. The Internet Member

More here: http://travislongcore.net/2016/01/0...-science-at-malheur-national-wildlife-refuge/
  4. DeathHamster Member

They don't even understand her job. Hang on, they probably don't understand any woman's job if it's outside the home.

Yes, that's probably how their tiny little minds work: Has a job outside the home = must be a lesbian.
  5. The Internet Member

I would like to ask Ammon Bundy, what if the scientists are right? What if Malheur Lake is necessary to the hundreds of different species of migratory birds that travel from practically the South Pole to the North Pole?

If that is the case, would it not make sense to protect that area from heavy use by humans --e.g., cattle grazing?

I think people confuse the authority of facts with the authority of government. Sometimes facts make us sad. But that does not mean the facts are tyrants that must be opposed.

When people complain about the government we should first figure out, what are the facts? Next we should figure out if government is acting rationally with respect to the facts. If not, we should get government on track. But if government is simply representing and responding appropriately to facts, we should not bitch. Because childish.
  6. DeathHamster Member

7. DeathHamster Member

He's welcome to defy the law of gravity from the lookout tower.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The Internet Member

What I mean is, a lot of the "freedom" arguments are really fact arguments --e.g., vaccines, alt med, land use, gun violence. Once everyone understands the facts they generally agree on the smart thing to do. Unless the issue is not that big a deal. But if it is a big deal, people generally want the same things --e.g., avoiding dead kids, environmental catastrophe.

But people who don't like the facts as they stand will shift the conversation to personal freedom and choice. Sneaky. We should move the conversation back to facts when they do that.
  9. nightfire Member

10. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ann O'Nymous Member

IMHO, there are many reasons why it won't intervene directly, some good and some less good ones. Like the Soviets with Napoleon and Hitler [+1], it counts on the winter to do the dirty job.
  14. RightOn Member

If people are coming and going to go eat at restaurants, then I would imagine that these people are bringing back food?
    and I am sure there are other loons sending them supplies?
    They have electricity so they can run space heaters? Or is there heat?
    I just don't understand why the government is putting up with this BS?
    It's illegal. They have broken several laws and they have made public threats. They are wasting government and law enforcement's time which is being paid for by the tax payers.
    I seriously doubt these idiots want to really die "free men" (as they claim :confused: ) if push comes to shove.
    The National Guard can get them out of there in two shakes of a lambs tail.
    Again, I just don't get it.
  15. Random guy Member

I can't imagine it would be much of a problmen just picking them up one or two at a time at the local resturant.
  16. RightOn Member

exactly!
    me thinks there is some other sort of agenda. IDK, maybe this whole thing is just serving as a huge distraction of some sort.
    China? lol
    • Like Like x 1

17. Because they (government) don't want to see a few thousand of their redneck militia friends turning up by the fucking truck-load, armed to the teeth, and it escalating into armed conflict. *

See above *
  18. I just loves me a good gun-fight. Especially when stupid fuckin' Americans are killin' each other.

[IMG]

Beer - Check ... Popcorn ... Check.
  19. Random guy Member

With Mormon fundamentalists running the show, this has all the markings of 100% US-homegrown faggotry. My guess it the state/federals really don't want to see a anything drawn out where they come off as incompetent like in the Waco shoot-out. One or two gunmen resisting arrest with assault rifles at a family restaurant is also a scenario I'm sure they want to avoid. The snack brigade would love it though. Make no mistake, these guys are religious extremists and would love nothing better than a few martyrs for their cause.

My guess is that the police are biding their time and planning properly. If it comes to any confrontation, I think it will be fast and decisive, perhaps with use unconventional methods, like when the Russians gassed terrorists in the Moscow Theatre. More likely they would like to wait until the Moroni mullahs go home on their own, and arrest them on some very inglorious charge, like littering or unpaid utility bills.
  20. DeathHamster Member

I thought the Bundys were mainline LDS? (Which has criticized the Bundys.)

Not that I couldn't see the Bundys as fundy Mormon, but so far there's been a lack of dozens of child-brides in pastel dresses.
  21. RightOn Member

Why would they get arrested for an "inglorious charge" when they have trespassed, had guns on federal property, and have made public threats?
    No to mention if they did access crap on the internet they shouldn't have, that should earn them jail time too.
  22. Random guy Member

Because taking them on some boring and pedantic stuff leave them no room to use the court case as pulpit for their moroni(c) cause.
  23. RightOn Member

tru, but that doesn't mean they should get away with all this?
    People have been arrested and thrown them in jail for a LOT less.
  24. Random guy Member

My guess (based on the fact that the visitor centre in Malheur isn't a smoking ruin yet) is that the police/federals want this go go away as quietly and with as little attention as possible.

Remember, Al Capone killed a heap of people, but went away on tax evasion.
  25. Disambiguation Global Moderator

IMHO the Feds are being smart. Best case scenario they grow tired of the lack of ESPN and home made lasagna and the comforts of wimmen , declare victory and leave. They proudly identified themselves and can get arrested after they get home.
    The scenario of picking them up in town- that was what happened in Ruby Ridge and Didn't End Well. It's best to let them embarrass themselves when Daddy gets tired of his Oath
  26. Random guy Member

27. RightOn Member

so the homeless can bed down there too?
    I think not
  28. RightOn Member

"Security is tight at the compound. Men with anti-government patches"
    Guess Bundy wasn't anti government when he took that $530,000 loan for his business?
  29. The Internet Member

So Bundy claims the Feds have broken the law with respect to the Hammond situation? I wonder what law he's talking about.

The problem with allowing the county to run Federal land is, the county doesn't own the land. I thought these libertarians had some respect for property rights.

Third problem: local overwhelm. Bad guys can overwhelm locals but typically aren't powerful enough to overwhelm larger populations. So turning over everything to counties will be very good for bad guys, not so good for me.

The Federal government is made up of people. Those people make mistakes and need correcting. The system always needs improving. So anybody with a case against the Feds can make it. But stripping the Feds of resources will not end well. Because, well, China for one. Also Koch Industries.
  30. Random guy Member

I doubt the Bundy's are Koch's pawns as such, but they are certainly useful idiots to them.
  31. Sekee Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. RightOn Member

Finally!!!
    But good luck collecting
  33. Random guy Member

A sensible initial approach would be to sentence the Moroni Brigade for unlawful carrying of firearms at a federal institution, and confiscate and sell off their arsenal to cover the county's costs.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. I am in no way supportive of what they are doing but there are over 150 million acres of federal land in the US where it is legal to carry firearms, hunt and target practice. They of course have threatened to shoot people etc. with their guns and should be arrested and prosecuted.
  35. RightOn Member

maybe ok on federal land, but not in a federal building?
  36. The Wrong Guy Member

Oregon Militia Plans to Hold Meeting With Local Community, Discuss Exit Strategy

The armed activists occupying a national wildlife refuge in southeastern Oregon plan to hold a community meeting this week to explain themselves and inform residents when they’ll leave.

The Oregonian reported that a leader of the anti-government group told reporters Tuesday that the meeting will be held Friday evening in Burns, 30 miles from the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Continued here:
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...g-with-local-community-discuss-exit-strategy/

Armed group says it has accessed government files | The Associated Press

The leader of a small, armed group occupying a national wildlife refuge in southeastern Oregon said Monday he and his followers are going through government documents stored inside refuge buildings.

Ammon Bundy told reporters the documents will be used to “expose” how the government has discriminated against local ranchers who use federal land for cattle grazing.

Bundy said the documents would also help secure the release of Steven and Dwight Hammond, two area ranchers convicted of arson who returned to prison last week to serve longer sentences. The Hammonds’ case set off the occupation of the Burns-area refuge on Jan. 2.

Bundy said his group is not accessing government computers at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, including personnel files.

<snipped>

Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward said at a community meeting Monday night that members of the armed group have been harassing law enforcement officers and U.S. Fish and Wildlife employees as they go about their business in the community.

He said officers and employees have reported being followed to their homes and observed while inside and that self-identified “militia members” have tried to engage them in debates about their status as federal employees.

http://www.newstribune.com/news/2016/jan/12/armed-group-says-it-has-accessed-government-files/
  37. The Internet Member

If we get to start taking loot from the Feds, I got dibs on our local post office. That building is olde timey with high ceilings and I likes it.

But seriously, here is a little burrowing owl at the Malheur Refuge. She probably is not keen to have cows walking on her babies. But in America, rich ranchers can take free noms from the Feds because Freedom. So the owls are fucked.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Hunting and target practice are not allowed inside National Forest Ranger Stations, Fire Stations, Lookouts, designated campgrounds,Visitor Centers etc.:eek:
  39. Random guy Member

I'm fairly certain it's a breach of the weapon laws to occupy a federal building and chase off the employees weapon in hand.
  40. Sekee Member

People are sending these militia guys loads of dildos and they’re very upset

They released a wishlist of supplies needed to keep them going. It featured general things; blankets, food, socks.
    But it also listed somethings that are a bit OTT to be classed as survival essentials, such as; money, digital camera, gaming supplies, oven cleaner and gaming supplies.
    So, naturally, the internet responded by sending them a big bag of dicks. Including a very lengthy dildo and a packet of edible penis-shaped sweets.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/13/peopl...oads-of-dildos-and-theyre-very-upset-5619727/

There's a video of them complaining.
    • Like Like x 3