Customize

Bundy family of Nevada occupy Oregon Wildlife Refuge headquarters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Wrong Guy, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Hedorah Global Moderator

They are talking about how the militia cleaned up the building before they left. I wonder how great they are at mopping up the mess they made
  2. Random guy Member

About bloody time!
  3. Ann O'Nymous Member

I am listening, but it seems to be rambling by three people completely nuts.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DeathHamster Member

http://www.dailynewsx.com/news/oregon-militia-member-david-fry-resists-surrender-to-fbi-22853.html
  5. Ann O'Nymous Member

The funniest thing IMHO is when the guy inside said he wasn't a Christian, very long after the two outside couldn't stop making reference to Jesus. Surprisingly, they stopped doing that afterwards.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

7. Ann O'Nymous Member

Seems the guy is out. He did not seem to be the most delusional of the three discussing (and he is a lot). Not to be outdone, the host prays at the end of it.
  8. The Internet Member

Whew. I didn't want to see David Fry shot. He is an annoying egocentric twat. But maybe in prison, where tantrums do not work so well, he can learn that cooperation is not so bad. He has such a need to belong, like a puppy.

Oh god I just listen to a minute of the live feed and it was "blah blah blah patriots tired of government trampling on their rights."

Patriots are people who selflessly give of themselves to their country. These Bundy and ALEC people are "taking a stand" for their own self-interest --ranching, logging, mining, drilling, hunting, etc., without rules. Self interest is the opposite of patriotism.
  9. DeathHamster Member

Last armed occupiers apparently surrender in Oregon

CBS News - ‎58 seconds ago‎
    The FBI moved in after one of the occupiers rode an ATV outside "the barricades established by the militia" at the refuge, Bretzing said in a statement. When FBI agents tried to approach the driver, Fry said he returned to the camp at a "high rate of ...
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Final Occupier Walks Out Of Refuge

After all of his fellow occupiers surrendered to law enforcement Thursday, David Fry was the lone holdout at the Malheur Wildlife Refuge. Then, after more than an hour of negotiations and threats to kill himself, Fry got up and walked out, according to an audio stream.

"You guys will have to kill me" or "watch me kill myself," Fry had said on an audio stream almost an hour after the three other occupiers had surrendered.

Continued here:
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/oregon-occupiers-surrender/
  11. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 3
  12. Ann O'Nymous Member

I cannot stand it anymore. The host is crazy. Full stop.
  13. RightOn Member

14. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Question- why are they arresting Cliven now for things he did in 2014?
  15. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Why not?
  16. The Internet Member

Probably they seized an opportunity to nab him when he didn't have his armed buddies around.
  17. Disambiguation Global Moderator

I dont know. Here's what's weird - The ranchers case that the militia in Burns was protesting was that they were re sentenced years later for under sentencing originally. Cliven skated on charges in 2014 only to be arrested 2 years later. What was going on with the Feds the last few years? O that's right they were busy arresting and sentencing people like Barrett Brown and Aaron Swartz and giving right wing violent criminals a pass. I wonder what legal scholars will opine in 20 years.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. The Internet Member

Seems like it is hard to arrest these militia types. I read about one guy in Texas with a warrant who never left his home/compound for a few years. Finally cops dropped the weapons charge.

I agree that there seems to be a bias against treating right wing fanatics with the same toughness as left wing fanatics. If tree hugger hippies took over the refuge, pretty sure pepper spray cop would be there. And there would be no talk of the occupiers being patriots.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Ann O'Nymous Member

The fact that the former often has weapons might play a role, IMHO.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  21. Disambiguation Global Moderator

22. Random guy Member

Gun- and money prizes for killing the most coyotes? This isn't just red-neck territory, this is deep purple neck inferno. I'm surprised the announcement has more than 3-word sentences.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. ItchyScratchy Member

Sadly, you really can't eat cayote meat (I mean I guess you could but it wouldn't feed you for very long nor would it be tasty). They are a dangerous nuisance and reproduce like bunnies (not in any endangered species list).

So while the concept of a contest for a cayote hunt might seem inflammatory, It most likely is one of the more effective ways to keep that population in balance (in theory allowing the wolf/cat/bear population to thrive).

One of those rural living issues that most people don't have to deal with and at face value seems inhumane.

As an example I present you this ted talk https://www.ted.com/talks/mike_rowe_celebrates_dirty_jobs?language=en

Now as to why Ammon and the rest of these wingnuts wanted to come to burns? I read an article about that cooperation between the BLM and a bunch of area ranchers that is seen as a model going forward. When your fundraising, tax dodging philosophy demands that the BLM be the enemy. Well you get Malheur and a bunch of useful idiots thinking they're fighting for freedumb when in reality they are just being played.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. The Internet Member

Yeah wild places near civilization, which is everywhere now, need a degree of active management to maintain the overall health and biodiversity of the area.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. DeathHamster Member

It doesn't take too many pets killed or people chewed (or killed) in a suburban area for attitudes to swing rapidly. (Now if only the #$%@ idiots would stop putting their green bins out the day before garbage day...)
    • Like Like x 1
  26. DeathHamster Member

Okay, I'll say now.
    • First, take off your tinfoil hat. (Or aluminum.)
    • Then connect it to a good electrical ground.
    • Place your phone in the middle of the cone.
    • Figure out where the Stingray probably is, and turn the open end of the cone in the opposite direction.
    • Adjust the cone until you get some bars from a non-Stingray tower. (Might need a spotter or do it over the shoulder to see the phone.)
    • Use a headset so you can talk while still pointing the cone/phone.
    • Make your call.
  27. Disambiguation Global Moderator

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/02/malheur_occupation_bundys_morm.html
    https://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/ho...en-bundy-and-his-self-styled-revolutionaries/
  28. Two cheers for the Feebs. (There was that minor Barrett Brown contretemps, which could have been sorted out over a cup of tea, but nevertheless, credit where credit is due).
  29. The Internet Member

Grebe with chicks.jpg

yellow warbler Malheur.jpg

black-crowned night heron Malheur.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Glitter Pony Member

4S87l33.jpg
    MRW Bundy talks
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Disambiguation Global Moderator

32. The Internet Member

Get a load of this letter Cliven sent to everybody including The Internet:
    Cliven Bundy letter.png

Dude is fucking delusional. So why do so many Fox News and Republican fags treat him and his pals as if they have some kind of legit position on anything?
  33. Disambiguation Global Moderator

It is especially lulzy because he signed for We the People of Harney County and mailed it from Nevada.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Disambiguation Global Moderator

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burn...ts-reportedly-dug-latrines-near-tribal-sites/
    Nice
  35. The Internet Member

WTF, indoor plumbing works and it helps people avoid spreading nasty diseases. I hope those losers all get hookworm.
  36. Disambiguation Global Moderator

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/cliven_bundy_and_4_others_face.html
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Disambiguation Global Moderator

You are hereHome > News > Fish and Wildlife, Refuge looking for person(s) who poached mule deer buck

Buck Lives Matter
    the poacher took only the head leaving the rest of the big body to rot. Locals don't like this because they wanted a chance at killing the buck both for bragging rights and food.
  38. Disambiguation Global Moderator

In another county, Grant, the sheriff supports the occupation
    "The citizen complaints echoed a common theme – that Palmer's association with militants put the community at risk."
    http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-st...ounty_sheriff_viewed_as.html#incart_big-photo
    Ammon Bundy was on the way to speak at town hall meeting with Palmer. The traffic stop/arrest was hidden from Palmer.
  39. The Internet Member

Palmer is a member of an organization of police officers who support a cranky interpretation of the constitution which makes the local sheriff the Final Boss of the People.
  40. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Just when you thought it could not get more faggot
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ues-for-666-billion-citing-works-of-the-devil
    • Like Like x 2