Customize

BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by xenubarb, Jan 6, 2009.

1. DeathHamster Member

Re: Smurf and AGP protest at Gold immediately after passage of ordinance

Operation Clambake Disorder? That's harsh...
  2. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

I am NOT calling into question anyones convictions or reasons for their activism. What i am stating is what the general public and government officials view we protesters as.Specifically masked protesters and the relationship with anonymous and to an extent the chan's. Like it or not the preception is negative. I dealt with this in Atlanta Georgia and conveyed my concerns to the Riverside county board of supervisors. Please read my correspondance with the Riverside board of supervisors.
  3. ARC Member

Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

AnonOrange is not here to defend himself, so try to keep your comments on your opinion of what he said rather than his personality or whatever.
  4. Pikachu Member

I have OCD, and no, I have never heard of that happening legitimately in my life. Perhaps you've been watching too many episodes of Monk, or you're thinking of bipolar disorder? Anyway, what I truly meant from my previous statement is, please don't go and project mental illnesses on people unless you have a true understanding of what it really is.

Now, please stay on target, I do not want this thread to be derailed.
  5. Haruhi Member

You make it so difficult for me to infract you, young lady.
  6. Re: Smurf and AGP protest at Gold immediately after passage of ordinance

do you also have SIYV (sand in your vagina) ?

face it, AO is not the best public speaker
  7. ARC Member

By the way that 53 page OSA document seems to be based on EncyclopediaDramatica - a wiki containing a mixture of fact, satire, fiction and falsehoods written to be funny. No wonder OSA gets things wrong. The best part was when OSA admitted that they thought anime women looked prettier than real women. The prospect of a county supervisors meeting discussing memes is hilarious, and sad.

It seems like there are two things which must happen:
    - Find out how much protesting at Gold is allowed, exactly. Who is the volunteer to challenge being arrested?
    - Finding out if the ordinance will be upheld in court.

At least Riverside County residents won't have Scientologists in their bushes anymore.
  8. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

It sounds like AO is probably up for it, since he's paying surveyors to take measurements. =) He's good at getting arrested, let's let him do it.
  9. Forseti Member

Yes, my wife's oldest brother has OCD and he does that all the time. I did NOT say he has OCD....I simply said he acts like it because he gets overly excited. Good grief.....with all the shit that is slinged around these forums, you are offended by THAT? Bawwwwwww? Is that the word? :-P

I am dropping it now.

Anyways, after finally seeing the video, I am glad to see that I was right. Gary and Graham did an excellent job. There was a lady with short brown hair ....forget her name ... but she did good too.
  10. Pikachu Member

Sorry, it's one of my pet peeves because a lot of people nowadays think they have OCD for whatever reason, like being obsessed over keeping things clean. It doesn't necessarily mean you have OCD, it just means you like things clean!

Anyway, dropping it on my part as well. Part of me exploding is because I am sick and have a fever and can't go outside. :(
  11. anoninoob Member

WHOLEY QUOTE MINING BATMAN!!!

Massive footbulletry. Epic Tarbaby-ism! (for those not over 25, damn rasist, but hey, it was the 40's and it's Disney...)

I wonder if the cult has any clue how much this will ENCOURANGE protesting Gold?!?

Anyone up for a February roadtrip?

I'm in!!! Who else...?
  12. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

13. anoninoob Member

Yes, there was an immediate threat that protesters would climb the 8 foot wall, past the barb wire and inwardly facing spikes, to "intimidate or hurt them"

fags
  14. Re: Smurf and AGP protest at Gold immediately after passage of ordinance

Choose your help:

• Some Orange Juice, Rest and Fresh Air
    • Alleviation Medicine
    • Vitamin C Tablets or Even RICOLA!
    • Auditing lol?

So basically, those over in Riverside have to picket a certain distance (50ft) away from Gold Base (and/or private residences?) in order to avoid causing "terrorist-like activities"? Also, this ordinance only pertains to Riverside, correct?

Also, thank ED for this one... I wanted to join the facepalming
    [IMG]
  15. AnonymousTV Member

Just finished watching the video.

Scientology drama aside, it's not entirely unreasonable to make an ordinance that limits people being able to protest in front of a residence. (AKA - Scientology protesting at someones residence.) The only problem with this ordinance was that it's evident that the CoS was solely trying to remove protesters from protesting Gold Base - period.

As for the speakers, with the exception of a couple folks, I thought the representation that was there was better than none at all. Roy Wilson and Bob Buster are both people who were fighting for the protesters every step of the way, by trying to define as clearly as possible how this ordinance would NOT apply to protesters against Scientology at Gold.

Roy Wilson said: "For the record: By passing this, we are not prohibiting legitimate, legal protests at the Scientology compound in Hemet." - "That is correct."

Scientology protesters will also, once and for all, have a legal outline designated by the board of Riverside where they will be allowed to safely protest without worrying about any problem from Riverside police. This, in a silver-lining way, is could be a bonus thing. Having a document that indicates your legal rights in the specific county never hurts.

TO FUTURE PROTESTERS AT GOLD: Report any and ALL incidences that might happen to Roy Wilson and Bob Buster especially. They are the ones who seemed most uncomfortable with the ordinance passing and could serve to overturn or amend it in the future.

TO EVERYONE ELSE: MAN THE HARPOONS. Write a letter to the board and let them know what you think about them comparing you to the Ku Klux Klan/Racist/Hateful.
  16. basil Member

""I believe we should have the right to protest," Stone said. "I just don't believe we have the right to protest and jump on private people's property with the potential of intimidating or hurting them." "

Just a technicality thought, but is "private people's property" the way that businesses are described over there?

Because to me, "private people's property" is someone's home. That leaves lots of options open, and in fact wouldn't most of the buildings considered "residential" way way beyond the 50ft/whatever from the road?
  17. mnql1 Member

Someday, perhaps, Riverside County might have the right to say, "Mr. Miscavige, tear down this wall!" and somebody will be there to record it.
  18. The Rooster Member

Yes they can. We've done flashraids in other parts of town, and found the same guy who photographs us at the main raids sitting in a cafe nearby with his camera.
  19. the_cloak Member

Good to see you can still get around the ordinance, lol!

Also, even stopping us from protesting there will not stop our information war online and in all the other cities, which is far more important. But it is nice to have people show up at Gold and force them to put on their /r/aid sirens.

You might also consider trying to rally the people of Hemet to stand up to the cult. They have been abused and browbeaten and left to cower from the cult far too long. All it takes is people to be given the realization they can simply stand up to them and start basically making Hemet a very unwelcome place for any scilons.
  20. anonymous1312 Member

I doubt AO's lack of eloquence had much to do with what appears to be a foregone conclusion.

I wonder if the cult even pays property or land tax in the county or what their financial contribution to the upkeep of the county is? As little as possible I warrant, perhaps very "targeted" contributions.

This is a sickening state of affairs but I wonder if the locals can be stirred up enough to care. No harm in trying though. Can't help a community who won't help itself though.
  21. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Is the "gold tone" still being blared at 110Db?

Maybe someone local, or who has protested at gold should contact Amy Boyle, Director of Public Education at the League for the Hard of Hearing. Let her know about the church's actions.

aboyle@lhh.org.

Even better, plan a gold protest on International Noise Awareness Day, Wednesday, April 29th, 2009. Hand out flyers to the residents, asking them observe the Quiet Diet - one minute of quiet, regardless of their location, from 2:15 P.M. to 2:16 P.M. Be sure to let them know that the church puts out a sound over 30Db louder than the county allows.

Or use May, which is Better Hearing Month, to alert the public to the risk of noisy activities.

See that, OSA? That's how PR is done.
  22. CantPickaName Member

what a hypocrite this Jeff Stone is

near the end of the video he says "this is not the place to make allegations" YET he did the very same fucking thing with his sci black pr

whatta douche!!
  23. AngryGayPope1 Member

24. Zander Member

I just finished watching the video. AO and his EFB definitely convinced the Board to pass that ordinance. Most of the shit the EFB talked about had nothing to do with the ordinance.

HappySmurf should produce evidence that he was a cult member otherwise GTFO. TITS plox!!

We had no credibility especially when that bitch showed up with a mask and lied about not being part of Anonymous.

After Berry posting the scilons know who she is for sure.
  25. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

I can't fucking believe the $cifags are at it again!!!
  26. Re: BREAKING NEWS: RIVERSIDE ORDINANCE

Sad but fucking true.
  27. TheBitch Member

Whee!! You should definitely NOT go watch this video, and if you do then you should definitely listen to the sage advice of its author and not do any of the things he says would be really bad to do.... cause it would just be so wrong to do that. "Exercise personal responsibility" as the man said.

Edit: Opening JewTube vid leads to page with MOAR in comments that some might find relevant.
  28. PresidentShaw Member

Lurk moar..... srsly....
    I you're going to talk about smurf, you should really know about him and what he did to critics in the past.....
  29. PresidentShaw Member

Re: I see my comments about snake have been deleted

I think HUGE CAPSLOCK AND BIG RED ANGRY LETTERS, might have not helped....

About the ordinance, Kudos to Berry and that brown haired non masked lady at the end.

Others were fail and trying to argue about religion in a meeting that had nothing to do with it?

And a special FAIL mention to AO for being his batshit insane self.

That being said, and your stupid retarded drama aside:

this applies to places that are used SOLELY for residential purposes if I understood correctly. Keyword being SOLELY. STFU and get going hmm?
  30. TheStig Member

Go back and watch it again.

She was directly asked if she is "a part of the Anonymous Organization", she replied that she is "a person who anonymously protests".

She did not lie. Who among us is a card-carrying member of the Anonymous Organization?

IANAL, but this is a paper tiger.
  31. mefree Member

Riverside Restricts Picketing - KNBC-TV- msnbc.com

RIVERSIDE, Calif. --
  32. lothar Member

Going to post the speakers at the council mtg. EFB should DIE NAO!

Graham Berry was good:
  33. lothar Member

Dar she blows!!

34. lothar Member

Founding members of the EFB...

Snarff

Angry Gay Poop
  35. fotoanon Member

Hey lothar,
    If you could be less of an asshole, it would be appreciated.
    Have you met this anon? I would say not, otherwise you would not be so free with your BS.

AO earned the crap he gets, this anon did not. She actually went to Riverside, which most non-name/face fagged anons would not have done, myself included. Why the hate?
  36. CrazyDelaney Member

Jeff Stone is a tard.
  37. Optimisticate Member

At least they showed up. It's better than no one showing up and having Moxie and Stone run the entire show. If any valid information got into someone's head on that council, then it was a win regardless of how many facepalms are done here.
  38. mirele Member

Screw protesting in Riverside County. I always had more fun picketing at the intersection of Franklin and Bronson Aves. in Los Angeles (which is just east of the Celebrity Centre). For enturbulation value, it couldn't be beat. And for neighborhood support, ditto.
  39. PAnonA Member

AO.. He shouldve saved the anti-scientology facts for the protesting, but he strayed off course with a bit of attacking on the scientology itself.

THough I can't blame him entirely. Exactly how many of us would do better? I know I wouldnt. I'm horrible at public speaking. Still, he shouldve stuck to why we should picket there instead of going for the throats of the people there. D:

But, as someone said. We can now picket the city council itself and even picket scientology in riverside as well to get the town on our side.

So in a way, ends up being kind of a double-edged sword.

edit: Also people. stop attacking eachother and AO as this doesn't help the cause in anyway. Nothing more can be done about this and we have to make the best of it now.