Customize

Breaking news- 14 Anon members arrested

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

You.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. that made me LOL IRL

trolls trollin media trolls
    oh the irony....
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Louise Boat Member

Oh. Kthx!!
  4. SwordofTruth Member

Sabu said selected good media outlets will get access to the Sun emails, the technology guy from the Guardian who though he was a clever dick with Sabu on twitter I feel has screwed any chance of the Guardian getting in lol
  5. but...
    they have a section dedicated to Anonymous.
    doesn't that count for something????
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 7
  7. The Wrong Guy Member

Anonymous, LulzSec Respond To FBI Arrests Of Suspected Hackers

r-ANONYMOUS-LULZSEC-FBI-large570.jpg

The Huffington Post Catharine Smith First Posted: 7/21/11 03:26 PM ET Updated: 7/21/11 03:26 PM ET

Hacker groups Anonymous and LulzSec have issued a joint statement in response to recent FBI arrests of suspected Anonymous members thought to have carried out a cyberattack against PayPal in 2010.

In their release, the hackers addressed a statement made to NPR by Steven Chabinsky, deputy assistant FBI director. "We want to send a message that chaos on the Internet is unacceptable," Chabinsky told NPR. "[Even if] hackers can be believed to have social causes, it's entirely unacceptable to break into websites and commit unlawful acts."

The hacker collectives responded with a list of what they define as "unacceptable" practices:

* Governments lying to their citizens and inducing fear and terror to keep them in control by dismantling their freedom piece by piece.
    * Corporations aiding and conspiring with said governments while taking advantage at the same time by collecting billions of funds for federal contracts we all know they can't fulfil.
    * Lobby conglomerates who only follow their agenda to push the profits higher, while at the same time being deeply involved in governments around the world with the only goal to infiltrate and corrupt them enough so the status quo will never change.

With regards to the arrests of alleged members of Anonymous by the FBI, the hackers wrote, "Your threats to arrest us are meaningless to us as you cannot arrest an idea. [...] [T]here is nothing - absolutely nothing - you can possibly to do make us stop."

According to the AP, the FBI on Tuesday arrested 14 people across the United States and confiscated computers in connection with the PayPal attack. Another two were arrested for unrelated activities. In addition, Britain's Scotland Yard took into custody one person, and the Dutch National Police Agency arrested four.

Seemingly undeterred, Anonymous on Thursday claimed to have bypassed NATO's online security and swiped "restricted" files. According to a tweet from @AnonymousIRC, "We are sitting on about one Gigabyte of data from NATO now, most of which we cannot publish as it would be irresponsible. But Oh NATO...."

Assistant New York University professor Gabriella Coleman, who has been studying the Anonymous hackers, recently told The Huffington Post that these arrests would not stop the hacktivists' efforts. "Some people surely will get scared off," said Coleman. "Others will feel more emboldened to fight the fight [...] But I don't think at the moment it's going to slow things down."

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/21/anonymous-lulzsec-fbi-raids_n_905855.html
    • Like Like x 7
  8. SwordofTruth Member

Someone understands :O
    • Like Like x 3
  9. SwordofTruth Member

Can someone tell me when to stop laughing my arse off please.
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Dragononymous Member

I will come back to you tomorrow
    • Like Like x 4

11. Set sail for fail!!!!
    that should be the new Anonymous slogan!
    fuck we do not forgive, we do not forget!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. SwordofTruth Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. omg im drooling at post #133
    can't fucking wait!
  14. SwordofTruth Member

yup ditto, hopefully the ones they selected are the independant ones who leave out the BS spin and report the facts, will give them a chance to shine over the MSM.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

Ok now that shit made me lol
    • Like Like x 5
  16. SwordofTruth Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dragononymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

Those retards have been flooding twitter/fb and anonops /b/.
  19. funny shit..

"Why would I expose my identity to prove who I am to you? a common charlatan? I don't even think The Onion could hire you.."
    • Like Like x 2
  20. LocalSP Member

I was disappoint that no one said "I triple dog dare ya."
    • Like Like x 3
  21. MochaKush Member

The world is preparing for a large awakening... The arrests, I don't believe are going to help the government... like Coleman said... if anything it's going to intrigue people to join. People have spoken and everyone is fed up with big banks and the hypocrisy of government.
    • Like Like x 5
  22. also look at the questions this guy is asking:

what timezone are you in?

Using questions to gauge how much education he has(age)?

Clearly working with police and trying to gather evidence for them or at least it seems like it. What a scumbag.
  23. Anonymous Member

Get with the program it all ends with The Plan.
  24. Dragononymous Member

Might be me, but I thought things were supposed to start with plans, not to end?
    • Like Like x 3
  25. SwordofTruth Member

I think he is just really dense and doesn't know when to stop, he is now crying on twitter that Lulzsec tweeted his mobile number, despite that it's on his website for everyone and anyone ...
  26. Herro Member

Nothing more than token arrests by the feds, and token acts of "resistance" by anon. Nothing will happen but everyone can tell someone that they're making progress.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. kelso-burn1.jpg
  28. Anonymous Member

This is actually quite impressive. The media is so accustomed to having anyone and everyone jump at the chance for "exposure", I'm continually heartened by the way (some) anons push against that.
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Anonymous Member

fify.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. its a conspiracy!
    quick!
    someone go make a thread about it on what is the plan.org!
  31. Anonymous Member

And whose program would that be?

Have those guys remembered what the next step is yet, or are you waiting to be spoon-fed like the rest of them?
  32. Anonymous Member

I'm waiting to be spoon fed. Etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. lulzgasm Member

Desperate people are desperate. It's kinda sad, really.
  34. lulzgasm Member

Adam just had an "I am Spartacus!" moment. Lulz.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. SwordofTruth Member

He deleted this after his phone number got out (which everyone can see on his website)
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/techno...king-collectives-will-shape-the-online-world/

LulzSec and Anonymous: These hacking collectives are reshaping the online world
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Dragononymous Member

Dutchies are released, incase anyone cares
    • Like Like x 4
  38. Anonymous Member

"Released" as in "come back for your trial", as in "go home and don't do it again", "we got the wrong guys," or ???
  39. fallingspider Member

roflmao so we're ants now? but I wanted to be a spider!!! *pouts*
    • Like Like x 1