Customize

Bradley Manning left to rot in supermax

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2010.

1. AnonyVix Member

Re: Bradley Manning left to rot in supermax

Regardless of whether you feel Bradley Manning did the right thing or not the conditions of his detention as reported are wrong. Murders, rapists and paedophiles have better treatment.

Even some of those on the RPF get better treatment and we all agree that's wrong.
  2. moarxenu Member

^^THIS^^
  3. Rockyj Member

What...for his condom breaking?
  4. Anonymous Member

I think Herro was referring to Bradley Manning.
  5. Ersatz Global Moderator

Welcome back Herro. I dig the new avatar.

/derail
  6. Herro Member

Wouldn't the egotistical thing have been to make another account and let everyone know that it was me?
  7. Anonymous Member

Manning conditions are dictated by his classification of being on Prevention of Injury, a step below Suicide Watch.

While Manning doesn't get "sheets" he does get "unshreddable bedding" that substitutes for sheets.
  8. Anonymous Member

report on that bedding and his conditions of living.

He does get books and gets to watch tv an hour a day. Doesn't sound like fun, but doesn't sound like he has to poop in a bucket either.
    Bradley Manning: WikiLeaks Alleged Source
  9. RolandRB Member

I think it unlikely that Assange "found" a back door into the computer containing all this information. It is something the designers of the system would have to fix it when everybody gets locked out or some of the top security personell should they have to fix it themselves. I would put my money on Manning giving Assange this back door. But I would not condemn him for it. Sometimes it is right to break the law.
  10. Anonymous Member

The folks who have visited Manning claim he is not, nor ever has been, on any such classification.
  11. Anonymous Member

If the question can be asked for prisoners found guilty of a crime, then someone who hasn't yet faced court should at least be treated humanely. If the U.S. doesn't consider treating its inmates according to basic human rights like it should do, that's cool, but doing the same thing to a presumably innocent person is different. The thing is now real terrorists can argue against extradition to the u.s on basis that their human rights will not be protected and that wont be facing due process of law.

What's happening with Manning is that by destroying the guy's mental through solitary confinement, no exercise, poor diet, not allowing him sheets or a pillow, make him vulnerable to coercion. That's what they are trying to do right now, so he can agree on a plea to collaborate on charges against Assange as co-conspirator and fuck him up the ass.
  12. Anonymous Member

That's false.

13. Re: Bradley Manning left to rot in supermax

So they are forcing Bradley Manning to take psychiatric drugs????

Shouldn't Scientology and CCHR be trying to help him. Or at least using the publicity for their own agenda?

14. Anonymous Member

Bradley Manning in 'isolation'? US defends treatment of WikiLeaks suspect

15. xoixoi1 Member

I just want to say we should gather together and do something about this injustice. Manning did us all a favour. He had the balls and tenacity to do something good. I'm ready to do what it takes to make sure this man walks free. If not, the US government has made an enemy of me. For life.
  16. Anonymous Member

Less debating whether we should do something, more debating how we could go about doing it.
  17. Anonymous Member

fuck anyone who believes Manning deserves getting 'punishment he is receiving' for his actions for breaking the 'law'.

I believe he exposed the 'illegal' activities of the American Government (at least), that should be putting the government officials into court, and not himself. Manning should have been just released from his duty and fined. To be imprisoned and in serious solitary confinement is completely out-of-order.
    Because in his conditions, it will be easy just to lie about 'anything' that the American government want to hear. My anon heart goes out to him, for his strength in his actions and his continued strength in keeping sane for as long as he can. Godspeed Manning.
  18. Anonymous Member

I'm with you too anon.
  19. pedrofcuk Member

20. Anonymous Member

Just because a defendants lawyer in a high profile case says something that does not always make it so.
    Michael Jackson/OJ Simpson/and David Miscavige come to mind.

Manning signed away many of his rights when he joined the US Military, and gets a few more, it sees like you do agree that he sent the information, he knew that was illegal when / if he sent it, He gets visitors on weekends gets to watch tv and carepackages from home, he is being treated better than many prisoners in solitary confinement in many prisons in the US and around the world. It is being blown out of proportion. He faces 52 years in federal prison if found guilty. I am sure the US government is intimidated tho.
  21. Rockyj Member

I don't blame you there.
  22. Re: Bradley Manning left to rot in supermax

You quote two statements claiming they're false and then supply a link to an article affirming them (see below). You've reached a new low for forcing data to fit your own personal reality.

"When he was first arrested, Manning was put on suicide watch, but his status was quickly changed to 'Prevention of Injury' watch (POI), and under this lesser pretense he has been forced into his life of mind-numbing tedium. His treatment is harsh, punitive and taking its toll, says Coombs [Manning's attorney]."

"He isn’t allowed sheets or a pillow, though First Lieutenant Brian Villiard, an officer at Quantico, said he is allowed bedding of 'non-shreddable' material. 'I’ve held it, I’ve felt it, it’s soft, I’d sleep under it,' he told The Daily Beast."

Manning's lawyer has visited Manning and he is fighting the Prevention of Injury status. Seems a frivolous action for a lawyer to take if he doesn't believe Manning is such classified.

I am surprised that some of you can even manage to brush your teeth without choking to death.
  23. Anonymous Member

You misinterpret my comment. Manning was not deserving of such a classification, and imposing it is simply bollocks. There is no reason to hold him in such conditions.
  24. Re: Bradley Manning left to rot in supermax

Got it. Your new wording is much more clear.
  25. Anonymous Member

Dox or gtfo.
  26. xenubarb Member

Rufus, why are you validating herro's trollery by responding to it? Wasn't it exactly this type of useless derailing fucktardery that got him locked in the basement to begin with?
  27. xenubarb Member

I'm afraid I agree with you. Apparently mankind as a whole is too fucking stupid and greedy to see the vast hole they're digging for their future generations.
  28. Re: Bradley Manning left to rot in supermax

I haven't had time to read the whole thread so I can't say if he should be in prison or not. It's certainly wrong that Bradley Manning is being kept under worse conditions than many in the RPF.
  29. xenubarb Member

Happy birthday, Bradley Manning!
  30. Anonymous Member

Yes, happy birthday, Manning! May you celebrate many more the same way.
  31. Anonymous Member

Harsh. Why don't they make it something light like an hour for each document?
  32. LocalSP Member

Manning played it all wrong. Unfortunately for him he was in the service at the time he sent the info to Wikileaks. He should have waited till his hitch was up. He should have known what was going to happen to him if he got caught and he also took an oath when he enlisted:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

He was serving at the time and he broke the rules.

Do I agree with how he is being treated? No! It's not like he memorized all the info he accumulated and he has no access to it, so it's not like he is going to spill the beans.

I do believe that there was something he saw in these files that upset him enough that he thought the action he took was justified and I don't think that it's been leaked yet. Just my opinion. So until he comes up for trial I guess we will have to wait and see.
  33. Anonymous Member

28 years.
  34. Anonymous Member

35. Re: Bradley Manning left to rot in supermax

He broke the second half of the oath to fulfill the first part.

We need to run with the ball and get organized.

You can spend time energy trying to get Bradley Manning out, or you can try to find ways to make sure that his sacrifice was not in vain.

I'm not highly skilled or connected here, but I am here on this site now because of what I saw on that Reuters Helicopter Attack. And I wouldnt know what I know without Bradley Manning.

So what are we going to do about it? Lets not squander this. Somebody bring the heat!
  36. Rockyj Member

37. Re: Bradley Manning left to rot in supermax

I will be printing them in mass RockyJ-

I think in person would be best.. good thing I have a mask to wear
  38. Anonymous Member

39. RocketQueen Member

I'm currently in the process of organising a protest for Bradley outside the US embassy in London some time in January. If anyone here is interested I'll put up more details when I get stuff confirmed.