Customize

Bradley Manning left to rot in supermax

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Ann O'Nymous Member

Re: Bradley Manning left to rot in supermax

The difference between the two is elsewhere. Lurk moar.
  3. Anonymous Member

Fuck you, Ann. He was one of us.
  4. Zak McKracken Member

Ann,
    GB2 Lausanne

the difference between someone who supports WikiLeaks with their life,
    and someone who supports WikiLeaks with their life is = ?
  5. Anonymous Member

Bradley Manning is a hero.
  6. Anonymous Member

From what I have read about the working conditions he should be used to it.

If it was not public domain before, it sure the hell is now.
  7. Anonymous Member

- Bradley Manning
  8. Anonymous Member

They aren't even giving him pillows/blankets. He's been in isolation for a very, very long time. Tantamount to torture.

I hope there aren't homophobic nutcases (like McCain) giving him hell :(
    I worry about his welfare.
  9. Anonymous Member

Facing that choice of doing the right thing, or upholding the law is not an easy one. Manning knew that leaking this information was illegal even if he was doing it for the morally right reasons. (I'm not going to assume his intentions were good though) He would have known that he might have to face the consquences of what he did. It doesn't matter if we agree with his decision he still broke the law. We can protest his imprissionment, and the treatment he recives, there's no reason he should be tortured or treated worse then anyone else. But he did break the law regardless, and he's likely going to have to pay the price.

US government's transition from lawful neutral to lawful evil is how complete?
  10. Herro Member

He did knowingly violate the law. I think that the civic value of some of the information he helped bring to light should be considered when it comes to sentencing but I see no reason for the guy not to face the consequences for his actions.
  11. Anonymous Member

I would hope it would be taken into account, but I'm not going to hold my breath with out butthurt the government is over this issue.
  12. Anonymous Member

A high moral tone from someone talks shit on irc.
    Welcome back.
  13. Anonymous Member

No matter what you feel about Manning as a person, he has not had a trial yet, the extreme solitary is punitive (there have been no suicide watches to use as an excuse to not have sheets), there has been no claim that he is a dangerous inmate, etc...

It is psychological torture meant as punishment and as a threat to any other would be whistleblowers.

Again...he has not even had a trial yet, let alone be convicted.
  14. Anonymous Member

Oh, did the trial happen already?
    I was not aware.
  15. Anonymous Member

No.
  16. Anonymous Member

You knew I was being sarcastic, I trust
  17. Herro Member

Well this isn't a court room so I'm allowed to just assume that he did it since he claimed responsibility and nobody has questioned it.
  18. Anonymous Member

Still, last I checked, one is not supposed to have their punishment before their trial.
  19. BusinessBecky Member

Terrorists get better treatment.
  20. Herro Member

Oh, so you missed the part where I mentioned that consideration should be given during the "sentencing," which, you know, is part of a trial. But that's cool.
  21. Anonymous Member

You are still under the belief that this solitary confinement is not punitive, so that's cool.

I actually thought you were Manning for the longest time as you have been quiet for a while. Especially when I heard Manning was into Lady Gaga.
    Glad to see you are not in jail, dude.
  22. Re: Bradley Manning left to rot in supermax

You're deliberately evading the issue people are upset with here:
  23. Herro Member

You'd have to make the case that holding him this way is a violation of his human rights because it's not a violation of his civil liberties. I don't think his human rights are being violated but I could probably be persuaded to change my mind.
  24. Anonymous Member

Well...you can continue to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. If you do not think Manning's reported treatment in custody is a violation of his human rights AND civil liberties, it is a waste of time to bother trying to convince you, because I think you enjoy having people waste their time.
  25. Herro Member

I'd say the onus is upon those who are claiming his human rights are being violated. This isn't about me you know.
  26. Anonymous Member

Well, if you read the article you would have seen that there is a strong body of evidence supporting the claim that intense solitary confinement is severely detrimental to the mental health of inmates, including rulings from judges in the United States. Of course that would involve things like reading.
  27. Re: Bradley Manning left to rot in supermax

Held in solitary.

Without trial.

Without legal representation.

Without blankets.

That's not justice, that's abuse.

America, I am disappoint... But not surprised at all. So much for your beloved constitution.
  28. Herro Member

You assume a great deal about what I do and don't know. But again, this isn't about me.

Anyways. I'll leave this thread alone. You figgits are not helping my probation.
  29. bAnon Member

Assange gets release today, and Herro begins posting after a 6 month hiatus. Hmmmmm.

Welcome back an Herro. You've been missed.
  30. Spiritus Member

Fellows anons, what I have to say is not based on facts on solid proofs but I have a bad feelings about humanity's future, I feel like the people up there (the people with the power) will do everything to keep it....Manning did what he thought to be the right thing to do, to show to people whats the big people can acheive for their appetite of power, I think anon's should start to think if they should act legally or fairly...

(sry for bad english(I speak french))
    have a nice day
  31. Herro Member

Awwwe I never left you baby. I was just on forced Anon posting and I'm too lazy to make another account.
  32. Re: Bradley Manning left to rot in supermax

/lazy/egotistical/
  33. Anonymous Member

- Mother Teresa

Hang in there Bradley Manning.
  34. bAnon Member

Right back at you sweetie. Hope you're not too lazy to give me an e-peen reach around now and then, mkay?
  35. Anonymous Member

He wasn't arrested in the US, and the rules are a little bit different for a court martial than a regular trial, when you join the military rules change:

36. LocalSP Member

We seem to forget that not all of the info he collected has been leaked yet. There could be something very damning to the U.S. yet to come. I've seen in a couple of articles where it said that Manning saw something very wrong happening and that's why he downloaded the info and gave it to Wikileaks. Maybe tinfoil but I guess we'll have to wait for the rest of the leaks.
  37. Rockyj Member

I posted this here when it first came out that "Keith Olbermann" reported on this yesterday! AS Manning's
    incarceration experience is (was) similar to Assange.
    He is a Whistle Blower who needs more recognition.

Countdown with Keith Olbermann Countdown with Keith Olbermann

Go to "Previously" Dec. 15 & click on # 4 to view report.

Former FBI whistle blower speaks out!
  38. Ann O'Nymous Member

Second attempt: IMHO, their acts and legal status explain more than their look the difference of treatment. (It was a comment about how OP presented the case, not an approval of his treatment.)
    Both of you must be jocking.
    Too bad it was put to an end.
  39. Anonymous Member

I guess the USG is trying to get Manning to testify against Assange, so that they can get Assange on conspiracy charges and incitement to steal government secrets.
  40. Anonymous Member