Customize

Brad Pitt Takes Cruise's Part in Mission Impossible

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by RightOn, May 16, 2011.

1. RightOn Member

Pitt taking Mission from Cruise
    Press Association – 2 hours 51 minutes ago

Brad Pitt has confirmed he is set to replace Tom Cruise in the next Mission Impossible film.
    Tom has played secret agent Ethan Hunt in four big screen spin-offs of the cult TV series, the latest of which Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol is due out later this year, but Brad revealed in Cannes this week he is taking on the action role.
    He said: "Don't count me out of Mission Impossible, I'll be there."
    The Hollywood heartthrob was at the French film festival to promote his new movie, The Tree Of Life which directed by Terrence Malick and is in the running for the coveted Palme d'Or.
    Brad said he had started thinking about the direction of his career about 10 years ago and realised his favourite films "weren't the big commercial things, they were things that had a little more depth, that were asking bigger questions or really, really funny."
    But he added: "The point is to keep messing it up, I figure I've only got so many more things that I'll get to do and I want to make sure it has some worth for me and have some work out there instead of some that's more disposable."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pitt-taking-mission-cruise-133234316.html

if this is already out there, please delete
    Could not find it in the search
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

So Tom bought hisself a Brad Pitt.

Hope ya upped your fee Brad.
  3. RightOn Member

Don't know how popular Brad Pitt is any more either?
    What with him playing "Mr. Mom" and toting kids all over the place (it kinda killed his cool I think to the general public) and wasn't there a story a while back about him being a douche to some paparazzi guy who gave him a ride to his meeting 'cause his motorcycle was screwed up or something?

When I did thread search, there was a thread on Scientology Tried to recriut Brad Pitt.
    I guess he got recruited for this movie instead.
    Why don't they just give up on this stupid movie anyways?
  4. PresidentShaw Member

Why is this in the tom and katie section? What does it have to do with tom cruise + scientology?

I know you love tabloids but thats stretching it a bit
  5. RightOn Member

also this:
    Tom Cruise dressed in full rock star regalia to get in character for Rock of Ages.
    The Hollywood actor has been cast as Stacee Jaxx for the movie adaptation of the Broadway musical.
    And according to reports, the star is taking his role so seriously that he arrived to a casual read-through of the film’s script with director Adam Shankman in full costume.
    A source told Perez Hilton that Tom, 48, turned up wearing “a heavy metal grunge look” but instead “looked the spitting image of [vocalist for glam metal band Poison] Bret Michaels”.
    Tom will appear in the upcoming movie alongside 30 Rock star Alec Baldwin, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Russell Brand, Julianne Hough and Mary J Blige.
    Filmmaker Adam is directing from a script written by Chris D’Arienzo.
    Catherine, who proved her musical talents when she starred in hit musical Chicago in 2002, is set to play a brand new character, the Mayor’s wife, created specifically by Adam and the writing team.
    The actress, who couldn’t be at the script run through because of other scheduling commitments, was replaced in the rehearsal by Gloria Estefan according to a Perez Hilton source. "
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/tom-cruise-dresses-rocker-010000156.html

what a norp
  6. RightOn Member

I didnt' know where else to put it.
    Mods can move it if they want.
    When you ask what does this have to do with TC and Scientology?
    Tom Cruise IS Scientology and this story shows that with all the money he gave to COS, it still hasn't helped him and that his OT powers are totally useless. IMO
  7. Anonymous Member

gomer.jpg
  8. still..we need to find out when the premiere is.. anyone got any good remixes of the mission impossible theme? Perhaps a l ron hubbard remix?
  9. RightOn Member

wat?
  10. we could play a remix outside of the premiere to annoy cruise and brad pitt
  11. RightOn Member

did you read the story?
    Brad Pitt has confirmed he is set to replace Tom Cruise in the next Mission Impossible film.
    and I don't think Brad Pitt would care
  12. COREarg Member

So, no moar Mission Impossible for Tom Cruise?
    I like it... also, that was some shitty film.

FFF yeah Ga'Hoole! (?)
  13. but there could be the slight chance tom would show up. but im just saying.
  14. Optimisticate Member

In the next film, as in MI5? Asswipe Cruise already shot footage for MI4, not sure if it's done. Just heard about him hanging off a building and driving an asshole-in-a-box beemer for the film. Pitt will be too old, as will Cruise, by MI5.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Mark Cabian Member

Wow, Tom lost his MI contract! Ouch!
  16. Anonymous Member

I'm all for Pitt doing MI5, I'm certainly not interested in MI4, hope it bombs though I suspect most people will go see it with great expectations of being entertained even though they all know Tom Cruise is a couch jumping, koolaid drinking fruit loop.
  17. veravendetter Member

Haven't seen any of them. Was out buying cigarettes when they were on.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

But who owns the frachise rights to MI series? Will Cruise profit?
  19. Anonymous Member

Cruise has nothing else.
  20. JohnnyRUClear Member

If true, this is dumb. Pitt is barely younger than Cruise. Still a win for our purposes though; Tom Cruise minus Ethan Hunt equals less glam for the cult.
  21. RightOn Member

is this really a win?
    The last MIP was a disaster. Number 4 will prolly fail. Come to think of it , they ALL sucked.
    I hated the first one. Didn't even make sense.
    But number 5? I can forsee great fail on the horizon whoever plays the part of Ethan Hunt.
    This movie is done, spent, gone IMO
    Cruise got out because of the fail, I doubt he was "replaced" as they put it. But it sure reads nicely.

And Brad your an idiot for thinking this is a successful move on your part. But hey as long as you get paid, it's better than toting kids around 24/7 with dragon lady. (sorry can never stand Jolie)
  22. Anonymous Member

Tom Cruise Joins 'Oblivion,' Joseph Kasinski's Sci-Fi Film
    Still an megastar, LOL.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/21/tom-cruise-joins-oblivion_n_865052.html
  23. Herro Member

24. Anonymous Member

"The physical labor actors have to do wouldn`t tax an embryo." - Spencer Tracy
  25. AnonyVix Member

Actually he's a pretty good tool (both ways) for Anonymous, where ever Tom Cruise goes controversy about scientology will follow and that keeps it in the public eye. Worst thing that can happen is the public loose interest in the subject of how bad the church of scientology is but with all the celebrities that isn't likely to happen; it'd be kind of like how the devil's best trick was to convince people he doesn't exist.

In the 50's and 60's celebrities were kinda revered and looked upon as role models but today the many public are slightly more critical and less inclined to blindly follow; not to the degree I'd like yet but hey they're getting there.

Celebrities today entertain us with their human frailties, hence all those "reality" shows. This takes them off the pedestal and makes them more like rich and amplified versions of ourselves and this means people judge them rather than revere them.

Hence while people may go to be entertained by Tom Cruise strutting his stuff in MI 4 they will still take the piss out of him the next day for being a couch jumping, scilon, fruit loop, who some women think still looks good in black - but they wouldn't want to be Katie, god have you seen here and heard the stories...

The only down side is that by supporting Tom's career people are indirectly pumping money in to the cult, which is the only reason I feel boycotting his films is a good thing.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Anonymous Member

cool story, fanboi
  27. AnonLover Member

Marc Headley's book makes Mission Impossible sound like a Gold production. and it's Cruise's last remaining gravy train... for his replacement to be another sex symbol actor nearing retirement, who has no qualms about showing his gray hair & his gracefully aging state with great pride, is LULZ!!!

and LULZ is relevant. imo
    • Like Like x 1
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

‘Mission: Impossible 5′ Set for Christmas Day 2015 Release | Variety

It looks like Christmas 2015 is going to be a very busy time for J.J. Abrams.

Mission: Impossible 5,” which he’s producing along with star Tom Cruise and Skydance Productions head David Ellison, is set for a Paramount release on Christmas Day 2015 — just a week after Abrams’ “Star Wars: Episode VII” hits theaters.

<snip>

Cruise will reprise his role as spy Ethan Hunt, though fellow agents Jeremy Renner, Paula Patton and Simon Pegg have not yet been confirmed to return to the franchise.

“Iron Man 3″ scribe Drew Pearce penned the script for the upcoming action pic, and Christopher McQuarrie is set to direct.

The previous installment in the series, “Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol,” culled nearly $700 million worldwide after its December 2011 release.

Source: http://variety.com/2013/film/news/m...et-for-christmas-day-2015-release-1200828645/
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Copy/Paste Member

Well what the hell was right on thinking?
  30. JohnnyRUClear Member

Where can I get me some of that fail? :p