Customize

BOSTON MEGARAID: Schedule and Directions

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by WMAnon, May 25, 2010.

1. WMAnon Member

BOSTON MEGARAID: Schedule and Directions

This is here to help keep things organized, I'll try to make sure the other threads on the megaraid link back here.

Schedule:

Saturday, May 29:
    10:00 AM Pre-Meet at Copley Square
    10:30 AM March to the Org
    11:00 AM Yelling at the Org
    2:30 PM March/T ride to South Station
    3:00 PM Meet up with Zombie March at South Station
    ????? PM Zombie March ends
    ????? PM Dinner and Bar Crawl (locations TBA)

Sunday, May 30th:
    11:00 AM Set-up at Parkman Bandstand, Boston Common
    12:00 PM Ex-Sci speeches
    1:00 PM Q&A and book signings
    3:00 PM Anonywedding has been canceled due to a family emergency. music and games will likely fill the void.
    4:00 PM Donkey Punch full video premiere and presentation
    4:30 PM Donkey Punch pinata
    6:00 PM Dinner and Drinking (locations TBA)

Monday, May 31st:
    11:00 AM First meetup at Long Wharf North Pier to catch the boat
    11:30 AM First boat to George's Island departs
    12:00 PM Second metup
    12:30 PM Second departure
    12:00 PM Pirate Picnic at George's Island
    4:30 PM Final boat leaves George's Island
    5:00 PM Pool's Closed, gtfo

Locations
    Copley Square in the middle of downtown Boston, Copley is best accessed by the green line of the T (Copley Square stop).
    Google Maps: Copley Square - Google Maps

The Org is located at 448 Beacon Street in the Back Bay area of Boston. Parking near the org is scarce, so we recommend using the green line of the T (Hynes Convention Center stop) if you are not marching with the group. It is at the intersection between Hereford and Beacon. Protesters are generally discouraged from standing on the corner with the church, but should be able to occupy any of the other three corners.
    Google Maps: Google Maps

South Station is a public transit hub. We will me moving from the org on to the green line and transferring to the red line at the Park Street stop to get to South Station. If you intend to meet up with the Zombie march separately, it may be a good idea to exchange numbers with a trusted anon first, as the station is large and folks may be difficult to find.
    Google Maps:Google Maps

Parkman Bandstand, Boston Common is a central location in the middle of the historic Boston Common. Take the red, orange or green lines to Park Street (orange line can walk from the Downtown Crossing connector). When you exit the station, turn around and walk towards the large fenced off fountain. Continue in that direction until you see the idiots with flags running around a fancy gazebo. If you are arriving by car, park in the Boston Commons garage on Charles Street and walk up the park towards the T stops until you see idiots with flags.
    Google Maps: Parkman Bandstand, Boston Common - Google Maps (use the satellite view to see the walkways)

Long Wharf North Pier is located near the Aquarium and best accessed by the blue line of the T. You can transfer to the blue line from the green at Government Center. We will have folks waiting at Aquarium Station to direct everyone to the wharf.
    Google Maps: aquarium station boston - Google Maps

George's Island is one of the many island parks that dots the Boston Harbor. It is home to a civil war fort that was somewhat re-purposed for use in WWII as a watch point. If you're going to try to get there on your own, for some reason, here's the map. Google seems to have missed the mark a little, so aim for the big island with the fort on it and not the middle of the empty water like it says.
    Google Maps: georges island boston MA - Google Maps

If you need help planning your trip, we strongly recommend consulting MBTA.com > Official Website for Greater Boston's Public Transportation System or Google Maps's public transit options. Rides are $2 with unlimited transfers, so you can double back and switch lines as much as your paranoid little heart desires. Taxis and parking are expensive, and that money is better spent on booze. If your group does not already have contact info for at least one Bostonanon in the event of navigational meltdown, please correct this before your arrival.
  2. AquaMan Member

Re: BOSTON MEGARAID: Schedule and Directions

Scheduling question: anything, informal or not, planned for Friday, for those who arrive early? I understand there'll be at least a few getting in well before Sat morning.
  3. anonymous612 Member

Question: Does Boston have a collection of spare signs like some cells do or should the airplanefags plan to hit up an office supply store once in town?

Also OMG THEY'LL KNOW WE PLAN TO BE IN THE BOSTON COMMON AND COPLEY SQUARE. WE'RE SO SCREWED.

Also I second the "hey wtf is there to do in town on Friday" question.
  4. Anonymous Member

Just plan your T (subway) route ahead of time if you can. Pay attention to the color of the line. Once again: MBTA.com > Official Website for Greater Boston's Public Transportation System. And yes, there is a fuckton of people using the T at all times.
  5. WMAnon Member

One of the Bostonanons is planning an informal tour of the city Friday night. We won't be posting details here as this will be an unmasked adventure.

As far as signs, Boston doesn't have a lot left so we'll need to do a sign making night at some point. Maybe that'll happen Friday?
  6. RightOn Member

Looks like you guise will be having glorious weather!
    Wish I could go.

I wish everyone a fabulous raid, be safe, have fun and enturbulate like hell!!
    Looking forward to the vids, pics and stories.
    Hope lots of media cover it

GO GO GO!!
  7. Anonymous Member

The weather person just said that the current weather in Boston is suppressive. LOL
    It's in the 90's!!
    Glad it's going cool off in time for the raid!!! yeah!!!!
  8. Re: BOSTON MEGARAID: Schedule and Directions

After the Zombie March is the 2010 Spring Silent Rave (with Zombies)!
    Login | Facebook

Make your way to Faneuil Hall between 7 and 7:30 PM, the Bar Crawl is 21+
  9. Re: BOSTON MEGARAID: Schedule and Directions

I AM PACKIN' MAH CAR YOU GLORIOUS MOTHERFUCKERS.
  10. WMAnon Member

ZOMG <3
  11. WMAnon Member

Important Note Regarding George's Island:
    The water pipes on the island got fucked over today. They should be fixed for Monday, but we have been advised to suggest folks bring their own water to the island just in case. Hydrated anons are happy anons!
  12. AnonLover Member

awww shucks, i was looking fwd to seeing that long distance. best wishes to the anony bride & groom that all is well after said emergency.
  13. Anonymous Member

Just arrived in Boston, ready to enturbulate.
  14. Re: BOSTON MEGARAID: Schedule and Directions

Baaaaawwwww my printer seems to be on fire. Or at least smoking. Will there be extra fliers to hand out? I'll have stuff for signs, don't worry...
  15. Anonymous Member

YouTube - Kingston Trio - M. T. A.
  16. anonymous612 Member

+1 camerafag tomorrow. And I think I have some fliers on me, of a size to also double as YFTCs.

/glee
  17. Baas Member

This event has been great. Glad to have sat in on it.