Customize

Boston, MA - January 2009

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by MaskingJudgment, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston, MA - January 2009

Operation: Still Alive

Saturday, January 10th, 11AM

As always, the hawt planning action is being held at Operation: Still Alive
  2. Time Machine Member

Re: Boston, MA - January 2009

Here is the first draft of the Press Release:

Anonymous
    Press Release for January Protest

On Saturday, January 10, 2009, from 11:30 AM to 6:00 PM, Anonymous will be holding its 12th monthly protest against the Church of Scientology.

We will gather at the Parkman Bandstand in Boston Common at 11:30, where there will be speeches, music, dancing, games, and the distribution of flyers and information. Later on, Anonymous will flyer Newbury Street throughout the early afternoon, and at 3:30, will rally on the three sidewalk corners opposite the Church of Scientology building on 448 Beacon Street.

“Still Alive” will be the theme for the Boston protest. The name signifies that after a year of protesting, Anonymous continues to soldier on, even with attempts by Scientology to silence our criticism.

The event will coincide with other protests taking place in America and throughout the globe.

Anonymous is an internet-based organization dedicated to exposing the corrupt and abusive practices of the Church of Scientology. Since January 2008, Anonymous has held protests and rallies across six continents with the goals of bringing Scientology abuse to the public eye, lobbying politicians to take action, and putting pressure on Scientology leadership to reform itself.

---------

I invite all of you to provide feedback on how this Press Release can be improved.
  3. WMAnon Member

Ok

1) Boston and a handful of other cities are going on the 10th, everyone else is on the 17th

2) Not everyone is doing Still Alive

3) No one outside of Boston cares about our itinerary

failure.
  4. Re: Boston, MA - January 2009

5. Re: Boston, MA - January 2009

Perhaps writing the press release in the third person would make it more acceptable? Also, 'flyer Newbury Street' reminds me of litter and annoying flyers; this is probably just me, but I think 'travel' or 'parade' or 'march' would be a better word to use. Great job, though.

If Boston is more or less alone on the 10th January, would it be sensible to move it to the 17th?
  6. gwkalrod Member

I think many of us could well be done with picketing, until slightly warmer weather :p
  7. WMAnon Member

awww, but it's gonna snow saturday!

Snowball fight on the commons!
  8. yummy Member

After the January protest when is the next one
  9. JoshTheater Member

February 14th.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.