Customize

Bill to extend Nonminister Religious Worker Visa program for 5 years

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by OTBT, Jun 4, 2009.

1. OTBT Member

Re: Bill to extend Nonminister Religious Worker Visa program for 5 years

Irrelevant. Besides, your English ^ ^ ^ is worse.

Matthew Oh is well educated and knows what he is talking about in the subject of immigration.

Profile of Matthew Oh, Attorney at Law
  2. OTBT Member

The August Visa Bulletin was yanked a couple days ago by USCIS. There were concerns that the number-crunching would be edited revised (USCIS has done this before).

The Oh Law Firm

----------------------------------------------

I would love to hear this seminar, but not going to shell out that kind of money to hear it.

AILA - Oct. 22: Religious Workers Update? One Year After the New Regulations (Audio Seminar)

And for anyone that managed to wade all the way though this boring post, USCIS has deleted all their Religious Worker visa info online prior to 2005.

For example, this means that that the scientology visa info for the six year old Canadian kid who signed a Sea Org contract, who was the son of the president of a Canadian org, that info is deleted.

Fortuntately, I have the entire USCIS R-1 database backed up on hard drive, and all scilon-related Religious Worker visa petition decisions are still available online at

Visa research, Church of Scientology, Religious Worker visas

such as the earlier mentioned appeal for the Sea Org scilon who joined at six years old

http://www.exposescientology.com/visadox/040816_AUG162004_02C1101.pdf

-----------------------------------

Also, a special message for David Miscavige, the self-proclaimed "Ecclesiastical Leader of the *Church* of Scientology":

I hope you rot in prison with a life sentence for your personally ordered crimes of child abuse, forced labor, false imprisonment, labor trafficking, slave labor, fraud, blackmail, perjury, etc. etc. etc.

Happy Body Thetans everyone...
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. OTBT Member

The Oh Law Firm

Here is the USCIS memorandum

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws and...ent Notices/ruiz-diaz-guidance-june-11-09.pdf

/ Edit, another bit of info for this ^ ^ ^ document.

AILA - Recent Posting List

/ Edit again, updated USCIS memorandum

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Office o...st 2009/UpdateRuiz_DiazAdjustmentofStatus.pdf
  4. YAHRLY Member

NYPA!!!!!!!!

oh wait Nm

we are
  5. OTBT Member

An article just published, that helps describe what is going on right now. It's written in less legalese than the USCIS memos.

USCIS Reminds Eligible Applicants under Ruiz-Diaz to File Adjustment of Status Application before End of August

/ Edit, more info

The Oh Law Firm

6. auchraw Member

Why have religious visas at all? It's a transparent con with lots of money involved.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. OTBT Member

^ ^ ^

dingdingdingding we have a winner.

Try asking Senator Orrin Hatch, who keeps getting this legislation renewed repeatedly.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. OTBT Member

The Oh Law Firm

9. AnonyMary Member

Thanks for the update, OTBT
  10. Belladonna Member

This is relevant to my interests.
  11. OTBT Member

As mentioned a couple months ago in this thread, extension of the Nonminister Religious Worker Visa program was only a small part of the immigration proposals in Congress, and was largely overshadowed by the far more significant E-verify program.

This seems to be confirmed again. With any luck, the E-verify program will be considered much more important, and the Nonminister visa program might actually be allowed to expire at its sunset date at the end of this month, due to the general bickering in Congress.

This long, tedious thread should be wrapped up in a couple weeks...

The Oh Law Firm

12. Belladonna Member

Ha ha - Huffington Post had an entry from Russell Simmons discussing his appointment as United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for the Permanent Memorial to Slavery and the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade.

I posted a comment about Scientology's abuse of the Nonminister Religious Worker Visa program, but - breath - it never got posted!

I had to settle for
  13. OTBT Member

At least you tried to do something about bringing attention to this. Thanks.

The Oh Law Firm

I've been offline for almost a week, a quick check on the intertubes turns up the update above. Looks like I'll probably be offline till early October. Hopefully, next time I have an internet connection again, the Sept 30th sunset date will see this corrupt, fraudulent and abused Nonminister Religious Worker Visa program quietly expire, due to congressional ineptitude and infighting.
  14. OTBT Member

Its been extended for one month.

E-Verify to be extended through October 31, 2009

The Nonminister Religious Worker Visa program is included in this one month extension:

http://appropriations.house.gov/pdf/Conference_Summary_Fy2010_LegBranch_and_CR_09.24.2009.pdf

15. auchraw Member

Scientology beavering away behind the scenes? They have more to lose than most 'religions'.
  16. OTBT Member

The US State Department is issuing new rules to combat R-1 fraud.

What is significant about this ruling is that the State Department appears to be bypassing USCIS, and cracking down on R-1 Non-immigrant fraud, while USCIS and others are powerless to dispute these new anti-fraud regulations.

The Oh Law Firm

Full text from the Federal Register is here:

http://www.federalregister.gov/OFRUpload/OFRData/2009-24089_PI.pdf

Scilons are powerless to contest this rule; short excerpt from the Federal Register link:

All this is kinda confusing. Please bear in mind this ruling is for NON-immigrant Religious Workers.
    The sunsetting bill is for Special Immigrant NON-minister Religious Workers.

This ruling should not affect the current sunsetting bill, which may or may not be extended again at the end of this month.
  17. Anonymous Member

...which is the first application C of S does for their new alien recruit. Only after acceptance of non-immigrant R-1 and successful transport/arrival of new recruit does C of S apply for immigrant visa to allow them to keep their new recruit in the USA indefinitely.
  18. OTBT Member

Yes, you are correct.
  19. OTBT Member

Its been extended for another 3 years.

FY2010 Conference Summary: Homeland Security Appropriations

20. OTBT Member

Update. In 6 months, USCIS must issue a report to Congress regarding their efforts to combat Religious Worker visa fraud, and then another follow-up report 2 months later.

October 13, 2009 CONGRESSIONAL RECORD - HOUSE

21. chanderbhan Member

that sanctioned the authorization EB-5 Program was... for the Special Immigrant Non-minister Religious Worker Program, the Conrad State 30 J-1 Visa Waiver Program and E-Verify Program for three years.

i love french toast, i am really like to eat it, make every sunday for my babes...
  22. Anonymous Member

any particular reason for bumping my old thread?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

they love french toast?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

'French Toast 'is a codename for a ho foreign nanny...whaaaa? Do you like her with maple syup or honey?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. This video should clear up all the confusion.