Customize

Better the devil you knew?

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by mojo, Dec 11, 2010.

1. mojo Member

2. JohnnyRUClear Member

Re: Better the devil you knew?

Good. Market competition --> industry strength.
  3. Anonymous Member

Now we have two sites/organizations dedicated to leaking information. This can only be a good thing.

Although their stated plan of only funnelling the info to chosen targets for release seems like it's only shifting the problem of governments trying to silence the messenger. But I suppose OpenLeaks remains out of the press and able to keep leaking that way.

Also agreed that Assange and his case are getting press that should be focusing on the leaks themselves. Hopefully Operation LeakSpin will help mitigate that.
  4. Anonymous Member

Good idea in principle, but it would be better if the raw data would be published as well.
    One advantage of wikileaks is that they publish the raw data, so that people don't have to rely only on the biased interpretation given to them by media outlets, but can see for themselves what was actually leaked instead.
  5. Anonymous Member

aar-1967-cvr.jpg
  6. mojo Member

7. Darkduck Member

what I find amuzing is Wikileaks has been rather kind with their leaks (ie they take into account he damage that might cause and do not release stuff that will endager lives, ie ethical) openleaks does not seem to vbalue this mantra, and I somewhat think that if people had issues with Wikileaks, they are goign to be sorry they targeted the moderate, lol