Customize

Benjamin Ring, LA Sheriff's Deputy, Under Official Inquiry for Endorsing Expensive Scientology Servi

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

It's a cult.
  2. Anonymous Member

Benjamin Ring issue mentioned at Los Angeles Center for Inquiry last Sunday before a lecture:

At this same venue, Janet Reitman will appear as part of her book tour on Sept. 18th, 2011.
    The Center is considering letting in a few Sea orgers in for free as they make so little money. Hopefully some will show as the Center is in walking distance of Big Blue ;)
    • Like Like x 9
  3. RightOn Member

love the chuckles and sounds of concerns from the audience :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Does anybody happen to have Islams phone number handy? I seem to have misplaced it.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Sponge Member

If you look in the "Religion Pages" phonebook it's in between Hinduism and Judaism. After the dialing chant, press * 1 to * 72 followed by the # key to select your virgin or stay on hold for Mo'
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Smurf Member

"Could you reach down, lift your wife's burka & get the phone out of her ass?" LOL.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sponge Member

Thanks for that. The CFI director, Jim Underdown, says they are in touch with the Office of Independent Review. Nice to see he's on it.
  8. Smurf Member

Isn't it interesting since Sheriff Baca's PR whore Steve Whitmore promised a "robust" investigation, not a peep has come from the LASD. How robust does one have to be to call a deputy into an office and ask him about the ad and why he did it without authorization?
  9. Trotter Moderator

There's probably a lot of bureaucracy to navigate for even a small investigation. I doubt you just call someone into an office and ask about it. Not for a formal investigation anyways.
  10. RightOn Member

perhaps the HR part of the police union has to do this? I don't think it's as cut and dry as it may seem.
    Prolly some red tape and a criteria to follow I would imagine
  11. Trotter Moderator

That's what I was thinking. For a formal investigation I wouldn't be surprised if there's an official procedure that has to be followed, especially for a large organization like the LA County Sheriff's Office.
  12. Anonymous Member

13. Anonymous Member

14. Smurf Member

That's precisely what happens within law enforcement ranks. It's no different than any other employee working for a firm. I suspect that the LASD is determining how to proceed to minimize PR damage & potential liability given that the issue has gotten media exposure.

It's possible the cult took advantage of Deputy Ring and distributed a flier without his authorization, assuming that because he's onlines, he would have no issue with it and because Sheriff Baca is a supporter of the cult, he wouldn't mind either.
  15. Smurf Member

The police union would not be involved in an internal investigation unless the deputy has been suspended or fired.
  16. DeathHamster Member

I hear that there are excellent web-based programs for generating humorous videos.

17. Smurf Member

"The City of Renton also announced Thursday that it has withdrawn a search warrant to seek information from a division of Google Inc. about the identity of Mrfuddlesticks, the user name of the person who posted the videos in April. "There has been no relevant information that we have uncovered to date on the cyberstalking case to further a criminal investigation," Jay Covington, the city's chief administrative officer, said in a prepared statement, using the search warrant."

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/south_king/ren/news/127561993.html
  18. Anonymous Member

On the list mentioned in the article the following should be specifically of note:

Clark Carr, President of Narconon International
  19. over9000OT Member

Your comment was probably made in jest but, this being the internet and everything, I will attack it anyway.

There's a huge difference between being an officer of the law and the President. In fact, el Presidente gets away with a lot of things that would preclude someone from being a cop. Drug abuse (Clinton, Bush Jr. and Obama for starters) and lying under oath (uhm, probably every President) come to mind. In fact, the President, as Commander in Chief, commands many members of the military and directs the actions of numerous members of various organization all of whom have security clearances that most of the last ten Presidents we have had would not be eligible for due to various personal and moral failings.

As for being a member of the KKK and a cop... I rather doubt it. For the most part, any one that serves the people is precluded from belonging to an organization that has, as one of its core tenets, the removal of civil rights from any particular group of people otherwise protected by the law. For instance, when I was in the military, I could be a racist fuck if I wanted to be, but I couldn't belong to the Aryan Nation or the Black Panthers.

The discussion is academic though, as none of the above are religious organizations.

I dislike it heavily but the truth is that this D-bag has every right to serve as a police officer and continue to be a Scientologist. It's against the law to remove him from his post for being one. Personally, it scares the shit out of me to think about members of Scientology employed in positions where they can fuck someone's life up permanently. Then again, we have no problem putting evangelicals into government and they scare me senseless.
  20. AIN Member

actually there was a case I heard about where a cop was outed as being a member of KKK offshoot and was fired for it. The reason is simple, KKK cop pulls over black man, case will most certainly be dismissed for percieved bias. Now, given how much the scilons call the cops on our peaceful protests, this does have a conflict of interest.
  21. xenubarb Member

Presidents are, apparently, damn near above the law as long as they're not getting blowjobs in the Oval Office. Franklin D. Roosevelt enjoyed a martini every night while serving during Prohibition. Nobody else could legally enjoy that luxury, but the White House's excuse was, "Heads of state who visit expect a cocktail."
    Plain old Americans were jailed, or reduced to drinking 'Jamaican Ginger,' a tonic that was 80% alcohol, and harmless until the government started using additives to make it unpalatable. These additives led to slow paralysis called 'Jake Leg.' You can look it up.
  22. AIN Member

short of perjury or a major felony, the president is immune.
  23. Diablo Member

DM has form of that...JAKE LEGS!
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

Is a major felony one where the whole shaft is involved?
  25. Didn't David (Jake-Legs) Miscavige once date that one-legged waitress from IHOP named Eileen or was it that Asian girl, Irene for a while until the day she finally put her hand to her waist and said: "I've had it up to here with U, lil Davey"?........
  26. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  27. Smurf Member

LOL. Good luck with that. Sheriff Baca & his suck-ups have never been forthwith about anything. That are depending on people forgetting about this....
  28. Anonymous Member

.......which is why it is good that Tony Ortega brought it up again today.
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Anonymous Member

30. How did Sheriff Baca's investigation of this turn out?
    [IMG]
  31. Benjamin Ring - Deputy Sheriff - Los Angeles County

[IMG]

When he embarked on a career three decades ago, Benjamin Ring started off in the electrician industry as a contractor for industrial and commercial clients. After learning the fundamentals of electrical work from his father, Benjamin Ring became successful as an independent electrician. He then saw a billboard advertising the County Sheriff’s Department and decided to change direction in his professional endeavors. He now serves the California community as a Deputy for the County Sheriff’s Department.

Some of Benjamin Ring’s duties as a Deputy include exercising authority over the defendants and ensuring their safety; he also maintains the security of the court community. He possesses additional responsibilities, like assisting judges, as well as aiding individuals who visit the courts. As it is his belief that every individual is innocent until proven guilty, Benjamin Ring participates in his role as a deputy as a defender of justice for all.

In deciding to work with the Sheriff’s Department, Benjamin Ring was drawn to the idea of contributing more to society. Law enforcement, in addition to his involvement with several other local service efforts, gave him the opportunity to give back to his community. When Hurricane Katrina hit the United States with a force that made it one of the worst natural disasters ever in the country, Benjamin Ring contributed to the cleanup efforts. He regularly takes part in beach and neighborhood cleanups, as well. A former Fire Explorer in Florida, he also supports law enforcement and fire department endeavors all over the country.

In his spare time, Benjamin Ring enjoys activities such as boxing, visiting Stoney Point and Malibu Creek for rock climbing, and playing basketball.

Related Links

Contact Info
  32. Anonymous Member

"Some of Benjamin Ring’s duties as a Deputy include exercising authority over the defendants and ensuring their safety; he also maintains the security of the court community. He possesses additional responsibilities, like assisting judges, as well as aiding individuals who visit the courts"

so then he would be supporting the COS in any way he could. RIGHT? If not, he would be out ethics and not KSW?
    This boy seems to be in a position to help the COS in many ways?
    • Like Like x 1
  33. wolfbane Member

Bump!
    No answer was ever gotten on this. With Baca's recent retirement announcement, it would be a fine time to find out so we can see where this cultie ends up under the new Sheriff.

It appears that Ring is still employed with the LASD. He's been there since 2007 so the recent Sheriff Baca hiring practices scandal does not to relate him since the questionable hires were from 2010: http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-sheriff-hiring-20140102,0,3592858.story

Based on the description above in post #272 of his duties being court security related, it also appears he was not assigned to the LASD jail that was investigated by the FBI. And there is no mention of his name in the 18 criminal charges they brought against sheriff deputies and supervisors: http://www.fbi.gov/losangeles/press...ers-of-los-angeles-county-sheriffs-department
    • Like Like x 4