Customize

Benjamin Ring, LA Sheriff's Deputy, Under Official Inquiry for Endorsing Expensive Scientology Servi

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Herro Member

See:

Reading is fundamental.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Saul Goodman Member

LOVE!
  3. Smurf Member

Steve Whitmore is a floundering asswipe that likes to play both sides of the fence. I addressed this with a CBS Producer yesterday. Note in the CBS Report, Whitmore says while the LASD intends to aggressively investigate, he also says that Benjamin Ring was "obviously" passionate about the courses & auditing he's been getting, so his posing for the ad may have been an innocent "misstep". Deputies are taught department policies and what that entails when they are in the sheriff's academy. They are also tested on it.

Misstep? Nice try, asswipe.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

So is common sense. You should try to get some.
  5. Anonymous Member

Images of the mailer first showed up about a week ago on the Internet, but the message on it, accompanied by an image of Deputy Ring in his full police gear, was so outlandish, we suspected a hoax.

Only after we'd received a physical copy of the mailer and verified with the Church of Scientology Los Angeles that it had put out the document did we contact the LA Sheriff's Department for comment.

I just got off the phone with Steve Whitmore, Los Angeles Sheriff Lee Baca's spokesman, who tells me that an official inquiry has been opened in the matter of an LA sheriff's deputy named Benjamin Ring. The deputy appeared in a Scientology mailer that encourages church members to spend money on expensive services rather than invest in real estate or put it away in a 401K.

"Your concerns about the text are our concern. We're going to get to the bottom of it," Whitmore told me this afternoon as he let me know that an official inquiry -- which may lead to an internal affairs investigation -- was already underway.
  6. Herro Member

I prefer critical thinking.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

"Expensive Scientology services" Pointed commentary, betcha David is mad.
  8. Anonymous Member

Benjamin Ring is at least a 2nd generationer. His mother says she was first introduced to sci in the 50's, so she would have been a child. It's possible she gave up her career as a nurse to become an audtior. She and husband Jim have done little services as far as I can see, hardly any in last decade. No IAS hi rollers. If their only income was his as a self employed electrician and she as an auditor, they couldn't afford sci at all. Wonder if they're staff somewhere since them moved from Clearwater to California? Jim's about 60 now.

“Hello, my name is Vicki Ring, and here is a little bit about myself:
    I'm Australian-born, and have been in contact with the subject of Scientology since I was a child. My first contact with Scientology was in the '50's in Melbourne, Australia. I was a nurse in Australia. I've audited (delivered Scientology counseling) hundreds of hours. I am married and have one son, 16, who is an active Scientologist”

http://www.oursites.org/vickiring/myself.htm

Benjamin Ring is no web-behind-the-ears scilon. While it's possible he doesn't know the worse of crimes and abuses in scientology, he's seen plenty, especially in the last 5 years, including bankruptcy and foreclosures and business closings and disconnections. Also, he knows damn well the basic Ethics Crime of Not Reporting Crimes or Offences to the authorities!

The best outcome is the exposure of the heart of the problem of the LA Sheriff's office which is Lee Baca.
    Not sure if it was sheriff's dept or LAPD that is holding an event this month at one of the sci orgs in L.A., but this should be exposed too, to throw all the pieces of the puzzle on the screen.
    • Like Like x 7
  9. DeathHamster Member

Now we just have to get Weebl to do the animation.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. ThanX for that. RuTube backup:
    Deputy Under Fire For Endorsing Scientology While In Uniform
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
  11. xenubarb Member

If you really knew anything about the Scientology mindfuck, you'd understand how their priorities work. Like junkies...go ahead and date one, but don't baww when she leaves you for a dealer or a nice alley with a dumpster in it. King Heroin is always > than you and your love.
  12. xenubarb Member

Keep looking back. Ingram lost his jorb with LAPD for tipping off certain criminal elements. Now he works for Scientology. Hm.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

Was Benjaming Ring a Sea Org baby? Australian Kookaburra poster on ESMB:

"I knew someone named Ben Ring when I was in Scn. Back in 1985/86. He was an SO kid about 3 years old at the time. I wonder if it is the same person."

Ben's mom, Vicki J Ring, from Australia, into Scientology back then, dob 4/27/54. No info if Jim (James Wiley) Ring, dob 8/10/52 also from Australia, but Benjamin, at age 29, would in fact been about 3 in 85/86.
    Would be interesting if this could be confirmed. Sea Org members, when they get out, have little to show on a resume, have no savings, equity, so there's often a huge gaping hole of blank space in their history.

No paid auditing until 2003 for Vicki, not sure when out of staff and moved to Clearwater, FL. They eventually bought home, 1559 S Madison Ave, Clwtr, FL (which is still listed but only in Vicki's name, Jim Ring's name not on it anymore) Jim Ring was last listed w/address of 2090 Ridgeland Rd, Clwtr FL. It appears, also from Pinellas County Public Records, that a 2nd Mortgage was taken out on Madison property in April 2006, and in July 2007, the credit line increased to $40,000,. Since then, of course, home values have plummeted 40 to 50%. She'd have to pay someone to buy it! A lot of out of town owners can only rent. There's a couple of court records, 2 for Jim, and 1 for Vicki, but not accessible unless you're a paid subsriber.

Maybe this ad episode will jar Ben awake a little, enough to look and listen to a few facts, not fiction.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Smurf Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

am 640 KFI is a local LA station that has been mentioning this story a couple times an hour
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Anonymous Member

Herro is irrelevant.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Sponge Member

Btw, after a a little googling I found a way of getting around the country restriction on the live stream for KFI 640.
    Use this...
    http://is.gd/5JYx0
    Save the .asx file then open in it in Windows media player or Media player classic (not tried VLC player but i assume it works in that too), and it should play the KFI live stream. Just tried it. Works for me.

Edit: They did do a news item on the Benjamin Ring thing at the top of the hour.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Loki's spawn Member

You know, accentuating your lack of creativity with repetition is never a good idea.
  19. Diablo Member

I love this has local TV attention and the sheriff's attention too!!

haha, more negative press and butt boy Tommy Davis isn't around to respond.

How is toilet duty going at the RPF???
  20. failboat Member

• Like Like x 4
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Diablo Member

23. Ackerland Member

The conflict of interest for CoS cult members in an official capacity is well-documented. In well-documented I mean based on the policy of L. Ron Hubbard, that is, to always report crimes of fellow adherents in the form of "Knowledge Reports" but never to official authorities. It is certain that if the police officer follows the law (even if it is his duty) to the disadvantage to the Scientology organisation, he will be punished. And we know that Scientology has a wide range of punishments at its disposal.

I believe there's no police officer who is immune against bias against or in favor of someone. Usually, it is personal enemies in the former case, close family or friends in the latter. What's unhealthy in the context of Scientology is that this bias is not limited to your private setting but includes a multi-billion dollar corporation with vested interests, that is also well documented to subdue its members. It is valid to question whether this police officer is qualified for his job. He may do an impeccable job in all incidents not involving Scientology. But that is not enough.
    That is why - to my knowledge - Scientologists will not be allowed on the police force, in Germany.
  24. Anonymous Member

According to Introduction to Scientology Ethics, p. 32 (1978 edition) the following is a Scientology High Crime and could therefore result in an SP declare.

25. Ackerland Member

Thank you for the exact reference.
    Yes, this is why I can say without bad conscience, that Scientologists should be barred from police duty, or any offical function on behalf of the state.

The same goes for officials and politicians people being paid off by big corporations, but alas, real life doesn't work this way.
  26. eddieVroom Member

isaac-willis.jpg
  27. eddieVroom Member

Can't find a clip of the spooks discussing Dioretix, dammit...

• Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

FIFY
  29. Anonymous Member

Your comments remind me of when, a couple of years ago, the Membership List of the British National Party was leaked.

Every name of every member: plus, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if it existed) was leaked onto the Internet.

An examination of the list revealed that several LEOs were on that list.

At the time - and I don't know if policies have since changed - Police Officers were strictly forbidden membership in the BNP, and several lost their jobs for having their names on the list.

I agree with your recommendation:

30. Herro Member

Yeah, who cares whether they've ever done anything wrong, scientologists should be excluded from public life. Fuck democracy and civil rights huh.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

No. Fuck you.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

in the overused often abused words of Herro

you mad Bro?
  33. Anonymous Member

No U Bro?
  34. Anonymous Member

You say you want to fly planes for the Navy? Not until you do this:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  35. Ackerland Member

Where did I say they should be excluded from public life? This is a pathetic attempt at distorting what I'm saying. I said they should be excluded from positions in the government/state, because these positions are secular in nature, even per your American constitution. Scientology, as is practiced by the "Church of Scientology" at present, does not go well together with the secular aspect.

Freedom stops where other people's freedoms begin. Maybe a Scientologist's freedom would be restricted by barring him from civil servant status. But what about the freedom of people who are not Scientologists and suffer disadvantages at the hand of a Scientologist in an official capacity due to a call from his organisation, or doctrine?
    A Scientologist's first loyalty is always with the organisation, not his home country. Always. There are no exceptions. Scientologists with other loyalties cannot be truly considered Scientologists anymore and are already half-way out of the cult. And that's why Scientologists, at least those under Miscavige's leadership, have no business being in an official capacity.
    • Like Like x 5
  36. Herro Member

Not allowing Scientologists to serve in any official function of the state. That's exclusion from public life. As for the rest of everything you said, that's all fine and dandy if you have a Scientologist that actually has a history of being disloyal. However when you decide a Scientologist should not be trusted and should not be allowed to hold a position that any other citizen could- simply because they're a Scientologist, you are engaging in blatant discrimination and a violation of that Scientologist's civil rights. Tell me, what is the difference between you and the people that say Muslims shouldn't be allowed to hold any positions in law enforcement or government because the Qur'an commands them to kill infidels?
    • Like Like x 3
  37. Anonymous Member

I agree, delusional people shouldn't be blatantly discriminated against.
    • Like Like x 4
  38. hansanon Member

actually it is an added paragraph in the employment contract.friend of mine in the teaching job had to sign it, too. it doesn't forbid scientologist but the practice of theories origin from hubbard. thus teaching and narconon are both out, too. but i don't remember if it says " i hereby declare not to hold the believe in practice ..." or if it says " i hereby declare i won't use any practice ..." i'll check it tomorrow.
    the reason why it isn't fixed on membership of scientology / whatever front is to stop people trying to wriggle out of it by not being a member but teaching it.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Ackerland Member

Okay. I had a different definition for "public life" in my mind. They would be banned from certain aspects of public life, but you can still vote, or lobby local politicians. So this blanket statement of yours is still false.

No. Let me rephrase that for you: Simply because they are member of a criminal organisation that tries to exercise undue influence on policy and has a wide array of coercive methods to use against any member not forwarding its agenda.

This is a thinly veiled ad-hominem attack against my line of argument. Are your arguments so weak that you can't do without?

As to your actually implied question, it is a valid one. I was quite deliberate when I said "And that's why Scientologists, at least those under Miscavige's leadership, have no business being in an official capacity." You cannot solely base this conclusion on the doctrine of Hubbard. You also have to look at the conduct of the organisation or its members, and whether they implement abusive elements of its doctrine. I believe there's enough established precedent to back up my assertions with.

Even if the Qur'an said to kill infidels, there still is a vast majority of peaceful muslims not harming anyone, and then there is a tiny minority of Muslims that blow up buildings. But isn't an organisation like Al Quaeda kind of "banned" in the USA, already, and someone helping them is guaranteed holidays on Cuba?
    The only reason why Scientology gets away with what it does is that they know quite masterfully how to play the system. Somehow, flying airplanes into buildings just isn't quite as subtle as telling this one parishioner working for the TSA to check out that SP's name on the passenger lists, or purposefully and deliberately operating your celebrity members so as to work on people of influence. I shudder to think what would happen if any card-carrying Scientologists were to be in their positions instead.

I think it is different from state to state, but if I recall correctly, at least the Bavarian contract was quite specific about membership in the Scientology-Organisation.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Anonymous Member